Question For Next Season?

Chicofan

Getting ahead of myself here I know, but the question needs asked!

With the increased away support that promotion will bring..what arrangements are in place if any for the North stand?

Will it still be jags territory? even with 2-300 in it...when we know when the beadrattlers for example come calling it would be filled.

Anyone know or have any further thoughts?

I don't know personally Chico,but I've seen it said that we will be in north stand against everybody,even the eastenders. Ian_Mac I believe will have more details for u!

be interesting to find out..as i could not imagine our Bod leaving 1000 empty seats in the North Stand if they had the chance to fill them

Been said many times this season already.

North stand is jags fans only from now on - whoever we are playing in whatever division.

When?? Anyway...I'm still extremely sceptical if this is the case..time will tell I suppose.

See ye sunday and we can argue the point over a cupla britneys :happy2:

Would think that the North stand could and will be kept for Jags fans with the old stand opened for visitors, I'm only looking forward to not having to go to sh***y away grounds in Fife and especially the tail o the bank lavvi they call Crappielow !!! Just hope also that the missing thousands of thistle fans in and around glasgow come along to see this fabulous team play against the so called big boys of the SPHell, All Hail The Jags !!!!

North stand is jags fans only from now on - whoever we are playing in whatever division.

Would like this to be the case as the North Stand has improved the atmosphere dramatically, BUT, remember we were previously told that the Jackie Husband Stand was for Jags fans and Jags fans only. Boards change their mind sometimes.

It's one thing people saying that the North Stand should be for the singing section for ever but when reality bites I can't see it happening. At the moment it's well used but is still only a quarter full.

So what if we get promoted and there's the prospect of large crowds, even against others, apart from the top team in the league?

Will we be allowed to squeeze away fans into the end of the JH stand without losing a fair bit for segregation? Will the police be happy about opposing fans leaving at the same time? Remember how long it used to take to get out when away fans were in the North Stand.

Maybe the North Stand will become busier with home fans and the family section can go in the main stand. Then the JH will be turned over to away fans. Wasn't there a promise about that some time ago?

In my mind the board will, and probably need to, do whatever maximises the income for the club. That may not please a large section of the fan-base. I just hope that switching the use of the North Stand wont become a bit of a poisoned chalice.

We managed OK with just under 5,000 v Dunfermline earlier in the season. How many times apart from Celtic games would we be likely to get a lot more than that? (Assuming we do get promoted of course).

They could I suppose dedicate a 2000 seat area in JHS to away fans and encourage more Jags fans to go into the North Stand. Might need to move the kids for that to work though.

Folk can speculate all they want.

But that's all they're doing - speculating.

We've been given assurances by the board, a different regime from the one that we had last time in the SPL.

But more importantly - the police are happy with the arrangement as well.

Don't know how many times this has to be reiterated - also don't see why people are looking for problems that don't even exist.

The north stand move has been a massive success. So much so that I personally could not go back to the way things were last season, thinking back to how bad the atmosphere was 12 months ago.

I would suspect that there are many others who would feel the same. Therefore, changing the arrangements to suit fans of other clubs could result in our own fans yet again becoming disillusioned with the PTFC. Been there, done that, hopefully learned the lesson.

Don't see why it's so hard for some people to accept.

• Like 2

We can accommodate 1500 away Supporters in the JHS which still allows us 5000 Jags Fans between the JHS and the North Stand - the Main Stand holds roughly 2000 which can be allocated to the away support - we have capacity for nearly 7000 under the current set up - the only issue is when we play Celtic and that will be a Police decision - this has been the position from the start of the Season. The Club have no plans to make any changes but we are at the behest of the Police and Glasgow Council Safety Team. We have had two games with over 5000 under the current arrangement without incident, which is a strong argument for the status quo.

Pure speculation, and I know that our three stands were enough to cope with the auld filth games last time around, but anybody think that it could be worthwhile getting temporary seating erected on the bing? An extra thousand seats there, with portaloos at the sides might just be an earner if required against the timothies.

Edited to add: I'd be happy to watch us from there, as for me the city end is still the traditional Jags end.

Edited by Jaggernaut

if the main stand is not available for any safety reasons then the north stand will go to celtic fans. the board have no say in the matter. the police have the final say on numbers, and were they sit. and segregation is the big issue for them. the last two home games there has been a problem withsome of our own fans and the away fans and the police have had to get involved this all goes against us when segregation comes up in meetings ect.

Pure speculation, and I know that our three stands were enough to cope with the auld filth games last time around, but anybody think that it could be worthwhile getting temporary seating erected on the bing? An extra thousand seats there, with portaloos at the sides might just be an earner if required against the timothies.

A good idea. But whether it would be necessary I really don't know. Celtics crowds have been awful this season, and their away supports have decreased as well. Unless one of their games at firhill is a title decider I really don't know if would be worth it.

Potty Trained posted a list of the away crowds at St. Mirren this season, and after seeing that, I really don't think we would have any issues with away crowds in the SPL.

I don't know why people are expecting huge away crowds anyway. If we get similar away crowds to St Mirren then the club could easily accommodate most of them in the away section of the JHS quite comfortably.

Pie and Bovril has a list of their away crowds

Inverness August 4th - 250 ICT fans

Hibernian August 18th - 959 Hibs fans

Hearts September 15th - 829 Hearts fans

Ross County September 30th - 262 Ross County fans

Celtic October 20th - 2434 Celtic fans

Dundee Utd October 27th - 573 Dundee Utd fans

Aberdeen Nov 10th - 937 Aberdeen fans

Dundee Nov 24th - 975 Dundee fans

St.Johnstone Dec 8th - 315 St.Johnstone fans

Motherwell Dec 21st - 956 Motherwell fans

Kilmarnock Jan 3rd - 2022 Kilmarnock fans

Ross County Jan 17th - 219 Ross County fans

ICT Jan 30th - 95 ICT fans

Hibernian Feb 16th - 645 Hibs fans

Hearts Feb 27th - 526 Hearts fans

Even assuming that we'll get a few more if we go up as a few of those teams haven't been at Firhill in a few years it's still not really an issue.

Edit: I see it's been mentioned

Edited by Pie Of The Month

We can accommodate 1500 away Supporters in the JHS which still allows us 5000 Jags Fans between the JHS and the North Stand - the Main Stand holds roughly 2000 which can be allocated to the away support - we have capacity for nearly 7000 under the current set up - the only issue is when we play Celtic and that will be a Police decision - this has been the position from the start of the Season. The Club have no plans to make any changes but we are at the behest of the Police and Glasgow Council Safety Team. We have had two games with over 5000 under the current arrangement without incident, which is a strong argument for the status quo.

yes, but the board have no actual say in the matter, the police have the only/final say. and segregation of the fans will be paramount for them. i hope things remain the same, but i doubt it. the main and the north stand will be under threat of going to celtic fans, plus there is the money side of things for the club. the north stand is only one third used just now, celtic would fill it easy, lots of dosh for the board.

yes, but the board have no actual say in the matter, the police have the only/final say. and segregation of the fans will be paramount for them. i hope things remain the same, but i doubt it. the main and the north stand will be under threat of going to celtic fans, plus there is the money side of things for the club. the north stand is only one third used just now, celtic would fill it easy, lots of dosh for the board.

I fear you are right, and unfortunately (sigh), that would hand the timothies a psychological advantage right away, not to mention the referees and his henchmen having the authorities' expectations that the result go according to, well, expectations.