A Thousand In The North Stand - Can We Do It?

ian_mac

Tonight was a sight to behold. As someone who only really started going to Thistle games from about 2006 or so, this was without doubt one of the most special atmospheres I've ever seen as a Jags fan. The sense of togetherness at this Club is simply awesome and if we could even consistently get 2/3 of that support along to home games week in week out Firhill would be a really enjoyable place to go to on a Saturday. I suspect the players are running on empty at the moment, but to come out the tunnel to that must really drag them and we're creeping closer to that finishing post.

Let's do this.

Tonight was a sight to behold. As someone who only really started going to Thistle games from about 2006 or so, this was without doubt one of the most special atmospheres I've ever seen as a Jags fan. The sense of togetherness at this Club is simply awesome and if we could even consistently get 2/3 of that support along to home games week in week out Firhill would be a really enjoyable place to go to on a Saturday. I suspect the players are running on empty at the moment, but to come out the tunnel to that must really drag them and we're creeping closer to that finishing post.

Let's do this.

Agree totally, but what impressed me was the superb work-ethic and fitness of our team. There was self-belief and the management team must be singled out for special praise. It must have been hard lifting heads after Sunday's mess but there really was only one play-to-win team on the pitch last night. Great performance and they chased and kept going right to the end. (In fairness, Morton weren't too dirty even when they were chasing the game; so fair play to them. A very disappointing but strangely predictable and satisfying performance from a team who let their fans down badly. Like I care...)

As good a thread as any for an introduction...

Lurking and lapsed supporter now fully back in the fold.

Whoever had the idea of the new shed needs a massive pat on the back and free beer for the next few months. 25 years I have been supporting Thistle, of late, I admit it, my attendance has been poor. This I put down to the fact that, even if we won, the atmosphere at Firhill was so bad I only bothered with the occasional away game. This from being someone who used to attend (almost) every game home and away.

In the old days we had the shed. Back then the result was just a bonus. Win or lose you were always entertained, there was always singing and banter.

Managed a few away games this season but working away from home for a bit has meant I have been unable to attend home games, however this game has been marked on the calender for a while.

The North Stand was as close an experience to the old shed as it could possibly get. I'll be back.

Oh, and there is only one name for the new shed that should be considered and that is the Johnie Lambie Stand. Or, as I have already nicknamed it, The Messiah.

I'm in the exact same position as yourself. Due to working shifts and having a family I've attended less and less games over the last few years. The quiet and sometimes depressing atmosphere at Firhill was pretty bad. The whole north stand idea has been a great thing for both the fans and the club as a whole. It's brought the atmosphere back to those of the days of the shed and this must spur on the players when they run out the tunnel before a match. I didn't think the Dunfermline or previous Greenock games could be outdone but last night was special. Add to that the way the jags have been playing this season I'd like to think that a fair few of those lapsed fans will be attending Firhill far more frequently in the future (myself included)

The kop - Annfield Liverpool

Curva Nord/Sud - Olympic stadium Roma/Lazio

The North bank - Highbury Arsenal

THE NORTH STAND - FIRHILL, PARTICK THISTLE

jagsTon311.jpg

We're louder than you,

We're louder than you-oo-oo,

WE ARE THE NORTH STAND!

We're louder than you!

keep the name, keep the name, keep the name....

keep the name, keep the name, keep the name...

:fan:

The kop - Annfield Liverpool

Curva Nord/Sud - Olympic stadium Roma/Lazio

The North bank - Highbury Arsenal

THE NORTH STAND - FIRHILL, PARTICK THISTLE

jagsTon311.jpg

We're louder than you,

We're louder than you-oo-oo,

WE ARE THE NORTH STAND!

We're louder than you!

keep the name, keep the name, keep the name....

keep the name, keep the name, keep the name...

:fan:

La Curva - Cornella - RCD Espanyol