Aaron (Redcard) Muirhead

Willjag

As a Queens fan I've been reading round the usual forums enjoying all the pre-match banter. Had some good crack with many Thistle fans in the pub before the game can understand most of the reaction from most websites I've been on after the game. However, I'm astounded by the above post. As a fan of a lower league club I understand the state of the game in this country and try my best to support clubs when we play them away from home. If we were to go out of business then it would be a sad day for Scottish football as we are one of the few who are able to keep our heads above the water.If we were gone then many others would be away before us.Partick Thistle is one of the few clubs I've been happy to go on my own without mates,some food and bevvy in the Aitken Suite and a bit of banter with old Lambie.If this is the kind of feeling towards us (vile and bigoted???)as a club and its fans then I'll be giving you a miss from now on,although probably not next year unless things go tits up for you. I do, however, wish you luck tonight.

To be fair, emotions are running high after the actions of some of your players at the game.

I've always had a soft spot for Queens (my best mate is Queens daft) but the actions of Higgins in particular and Robinson have left a very bad taste in the mouths of us Jags fans.

As a Queens fan I've been reading round the usual forums enjoying all the pre-match banter. Had some good crack with many Thistle fans in the pub before the game can understand most of the reaction from most websites I've been on after the game. However, I'm astounded by the above post. As a fan of a lower league club I understand the state of the game in this country and try my best to support clubs when we play them away from home. If we were to go out of business then it would be a sad day for Scottish football as we are one of the few who are able to keep our heads above the water.If we were gone then many others would be away before us.Partick Thistle is one of the few clubs I've been happy to go on my own without mates,some food and bevvy in the Aitken Suite and a bit of banter with old Lambie.If this is the kind of feeling towards us (vile and bigoted???)as a club and its fans then I'll be giving you a miss from now on,although probably not next year unless things go tits up for you. I do, however, wish you luck tonight.

I cant undestand that comment bigoted this is not the view of most jags fans even after the match queens fans i spoke to were a decent bunch hopefully win tonight oh and your keepers an arse :thumbsup2:

Well, as you say you've been doing the rounds of the forums, so you'll have seen many different posts. Is your feeling that that single post representative of the club and its fans?

Edited by Jaggernaut

I didn't say bigoted.

I have nothing against the fans, who seem very decent people, and I retract the part about me wanting them going out of business as it was a bit OTT but you're manager and players are a ******* disgrace. The joy on Higgins face when Muirhead was sent off was sickening, more so than losing on penalties.

What a horrible, wretched collection of human beings the QotS players are.

I would be horrified if Thistle players acted like tonight for what is a much, much bigger game.

I can assure you that after the game more it is more than just me that feels like this towards QotS.

Something that hasn't been mentioned(I don't think) is that Dumfries being a small town means everyone more or less knows everyone or someones family.The talk on Sunday night was that there has been a bit of tit for tat between Muirhead and some of the Queens players and younger fans.Whether this got to a personal level I've no idea but Higgins reaction suggests it did.I'm not condoning how Higgins reacted one bit but as far as I know what was said was neither personal nor derogatory,this might turn out to be bollocks but just what I've heard down here. It's all ifs and buts "but if" the officials had done their jobs a bit better then there would never had been a penalty in the first place and all this nonsense would have been avoided.

I think you'll find that if you trawl the forum that most Thistle fans will agree that, on the day, Thistle simply failed to perform. On another day and all that. This relates to one unsavoury incident that shouldn't really have anything to do with football. So please don't judge all Thistle fans by one post but, as has been suggested, emotions have been running high and the manner in which Muirhead was goaded has left a sour taste. But was it a red card offence? IMHO, most definitely.

The other hotly debated point concerns the cards that the ref' failed to give; to include the second to your keeper - who admittedly tested the officials and helped your team in winning the cup. As I type I'm actually cracking a smile at his antics. Yesterday I was f***ing raging. If you're a Queen's fan, this will no doubt become the stuff of legend...

Edited by Meister Jag

If there is a melee of this sort during any match then a good referee does not get involved. He simply observes from a close distance until it peters out and then can take the appropriate action against the relevant perpetrators.

Watch the clip again posted by gerrybritton9 above and see what the ref and the linesman from the north/east side does. Both of them run straight into the action trying to break up the fight, so can't actually see what's going on around them.

He was a poor referee on the day, no doubt.

Well, as you say you've been doing the rounds of the forums, so you'll have seen many different posts. Is your feeling that that single post representative of the club and its fans?

Well the bigot word was mentioned in another post somewhere and as your man"The Cup" has just posted he and many other fans now feel the same way so I guess the word "vile" is how many Jags fans now view us.

Also, and a point I don't think has been mentioned yet, is just how poor was Muirheads penalty? I said to the guy standing behind me after it that he hits them all straight down the middle, and he was always going to get caught out at some point.

All queens horrible keeper had to do was watch our own website highlights for the season to see exactly where Muirhead puts every penalty.

So I think he let us down badly on Sunday. He missed a pen, and then rather than get his head on to try to get a goal from the resultant corner, he gets himself sent off. I can see that with the provocation he got that his reaction is slightly understandable (obviously he is someone who has it in his personality to headbutt someone in certain situations) but the fact that some on here are lauding him as some sort of hero is typical.

Well the bigot word was mentioned in another post somewhere and as your man"The Cup" has just posted he and many other fans now feel the same way so I guess the word "vile" is how many Jags fans now view us.

Rest assured Doonhamer that the majority don't - unfortunately every club has its' share of ****holes, just like those idiot Queens fans who ripped their shirts off and jumped on the pitch.

Something that hasn't been mentioned(I don't think) is that Dumfries being a small town means everyone more or less knows everyone or someones family.The talk on Sunday night was that there has been a bit of tit for tat between Muirhead and some of the Queens players and younger fans.Whether this got to a personal level I've no idea but Higgins reaction suggests it did.I'm not condoning how Higgins reacted one bit but as far as I know what was said was neither personal nor derogatory,this might turn out to be bollocks but just what I've heard down here. It's all ifs and buts "but if" the officials had done their jobs a bit better then there would never had been a penalty in the first place and all this nonsense would have been avoided.

'if' the referee had done his job properly, Higgins would have been yellow carded on 3 (THREE) seperate occasions. Indeed, the second of such occasions (the tackle on Sinclair) could easily have been a straight red.

i dont think it is against the rules to "provoke" someone. provoke what? violence onto ur own face?

the queens guy made a smiley face to muirheads sad face. if muirhead was a less violent person it wouldnt be provocation, it would just have been a smiley face, while muirhead ran to his own half to mount maybe one last attack.

different players have different strengths, muirhead came up against a guy who read him like a book, or took a chance, or was happy too near to him.

I think you'll find that if you trawl the forum that most Thistle fans will agree that, on the day, Thistle simply failed to perform. On another day and all that. This relates to one unsavoury incident that shouldn't really have anything to do with football. So please don't judge all Thistle fans by one post but, as has been suggested, emotions have been running high and the manner in which Muirhead was goaded has left a sour taste. But was it a red card offence? IMHO, most definitely.

The other hotly debated point concerns the cards that the ref' failed to give; to include the second to your keeper - who admittedly tested the officials and helped your team in winning the cup. As I type I'm actually cracking a smile at his antics. Yesterday I was f***ing raging. If you're a Queen's fan, this will no doubt become the stuff of legend...

I'm probably in the minority but I do not enjoy his pissing about carry on one bit.I find it irritating and really gets my blood pressure up and if it was against my team I too would be raging. I know it is no consolation to you but apart from his penalty antics he is a very good keeper and a really decent,quiet shy bloke.

I'm probably in the minority but I do not enjoy his pissing about carry on one bit.I find it irritating and really gets my blood pressure up and if it was against my team I too would be raging. I know it is no consolation to you but apart from his penalty antics he is a very good keeper and a really decent,quiet shy bloke.

Thanks for that :thumbsup2: Enjoy the rest of the season and keep taking a look at this forum; some of the stuff is actually quite entertaining!

Thanks for that :thumbsup2: Enjoy the rest of the season and keep taking a look at this forum; some of the stuff is actually quite entertaining!

Cheers,will do.Always like to look around the other clubs forums but just felt the urge to reply to a previous post.

We all on here naturally want to win tonight. The only downside to that would be by all likelihood we'll not be playing you lot next season. I reckon I speak for a lot more than just myself when I say our trips to Dumfries are about the most enjoyable away games we get to play. Apart from a grand wee town to visit we're always made welcome.

Good luck for next season. From what I saw on Sunday if you can retain most of your squad you'll do fine.

• Like 1

Complete travesty that QOS went down in the first place. Gus McPherson should never get another job in Scotland after what he did down there. The fact that a rookie like Johnstone was able to romp the league with pretty much the same group of players tells you everything about McPherson. I think QOS would have finshed top 4 this year easily had they been in our league.

Some of the personal abuse that Aaron has received on Twitter from QotS fans would suggest that some QotS fans are as horrible as Higgins himself.

I am sure that Doonhamer is a decent guy, apart from his bigotry stirring comment, but I still hold resentment for his club and they way they have acted towards mine.

Some of you guys can sweep it under the rug but I won't.

Quite suprised to see some of the vitriol aimed at QotS as a club here. Also, now I am over the initial misery, I feel ready to post about Sunday. I was as gutted as anyone at the final, and it was a long, painful drive home thinking about what might have been, but I don't think we are in a position to criticise anyone or condemn our opponents. Yes, their keeper broke the rules and got away with it and they rode their luck with cards, but after Muirhead rightly got sent off for the headbutt, we shouldn't be judging anyone. We didn't deserve to win on the day - they shut us down in midfield, and they squeaked through and won the cup. Let's put it behind us and show some grace in defeat.

To claim (based on one game which got emotions running high) that QotS are bigoted or anything other than a well-run, historic club (just the kind of club Scottish football badly needs in order to recover from its present abject state) is just utter rubbish.

• Like 2

Some of the personal abuse that Aaron has received on Twitter from QotS fans would suggest that some QotS fans are as horrible as Higgins himself.

I am sure that Doonhamer is a decent guy, apart from his bigotry stirring comment, but I still hold resentment for his club and they way they have acted towards mine.

Some of you guys can sweep it under the rug but I won't.

Wasn't stirring at all,merely saying that the word "bigoted" was being used on this forum,in the Chris Higgins thread if you look. I took offence to your original comments which you've since retracted to some so fair enough.

i dont think it is against the rules to "provoke" someone. provoke what? violence onto ur own face?

the queens guy made a smiley face to muirheads sad face. if muirhead was a less violent person it wouldnt be provocation, it would just have been a smiley face, while muirhead ran to his own half to mount maybe one last attack.

different players have different strengths, muirhead came up against a guy who read him like a book, or took a chance, or was happy too near to him.

Smiley face my a*se.

Wasn't stirring at all,merely saying that the word "bigoted" was being used on this forum,in the Chris Higgins thread if you look. I took offence to your original comments which you've since retracted to some so fair enough.

What's your view on the personal abuse that Muirhead has been getting from your fellow Queens fans?

What's your view on the personal abuse that Muirhead has been getting from your fellow Queens fans?

Well,I'm going to have to go all Arsen Wenger here and say I haven't seen it. Don't use twitter or shite like that,if I want to get in touch with someone I'll phone or text them. Like I said earlier,from what I was told on Sunday night there had been some pre-match carry on between Muirhead and some of the younger Queens fans,morelikely ex schoolfriends and team-mates,via Twitter and the other social stuff. I guess it's just a big GIRFUY towards Aaron,if it has got personal then obviously I don't agree with it one bit.I don't know the boy personally but I know his dad well and the rest of his family including his uncle and I wouldn't like any type of personal vindictiveness directed towards my own.