Aaron (Redcard) Muirhead

Willjag

Pity he didn't watch the highlights from the last penalty Aaron scored from then.......

http://ptfc.co.uk/me...3/1902_hamilton

Fair enough Will. But if you check back them most of his pens go straight down the middle (and even that one wasn't exactly right in the corner. If the keeper guessed the right way then he would've had a fair chance of saving it).

Point being, he let us down by missing it. Fair enough, it happens from time to time, but to further let us down by getting sent off was poor from him. I reckon the big man regrets it, and hopefully he'll learn from it.

Good news. Could have been a more severe punishment.

Exactly : three red cards in under one season - I feared the worst. Probably the provocation and his relative youth saved him. Onwards and upwards next year. But, seriously the club's disciplinary record has been shocking. I make it at least 10 reds (and almost certainly a substantial fine.) In nearly 60 years of following the Jags cannot remember a single season where we got even half that total. Work to be done by Archie over the close season?

I could be wrong but I think we'll get a suspended fine for this year's disciplinary record.

Also, didn't see anything in that article but I'm assuming the punishments for Chris Higgins unsportsmanlike behaviour, the challenge on Erskine in 1st few minutes & Crawford Allan's performance in not giving Robinson a 2nd booking during pens will be announced later?

Read a lot of these posts

If you slow down the incident and look at the behaviours of Higgins and McKenna it is unproffesional and embarrassing from them to behave in this way as a footballer

Aaro has accepted the penalty and apologised to all parties

4 games but no penalties to anyone else is strange

Lets move on an get Aaron back with the squad to enjoy our hopes of the title as he has played a major part in terms of playing well this season

He has potential and I hope he stays and full fills this in a Jags jersey next season

Read a lot of these posts

If you slow down the incident and look at the behaviours of Higgins and McKenna it is unproffesional and embarrassing from them to behave in this way as a footballer

Aaro has accepted the penalty and apologised to all parties

4 games but no penalties to anyone else is strange

Lets move on an get Aaron back with the squad to enjoy our hopes of the title as he has played a major part in terms of playing well this season

He has potential and I hope he stays and full fills this in a Jags jersey next season

Presumably the ref has said that he dealt with the incident at the time (he did book one of the Queen's guys) and therefore the SFA have no powers to over rule the ref. I think also that the hearing was about BMMAM punishment and that alone, so while the provocation would be taken into account, the hearing was never going to be looking as punishing anyone else.

Yes 1 yellow prior to the past 2 games Raith and Qos plus the red for Dunfermline Scottish Cup game

Good support from fans last night singing his name

Good asset to us with a bright future

The club Apparently we turned down interest in summer for Muirhead

Lets get our squad sorted with contracts for next season and beyond and avoid more pre contract deals

We need to get a return on players if they decide to move on

While being aware of the discipline issues with the squad let us not get to fired up by the headlines.

Before his recent loss-of-head Muirhead had actually been booked twice with (lets be open here) a sending off.

You might look at Murray but you will find that the real bad boy is Paton with 7 yellows and a red.

But consider this. There are players whose conduct has been pretty damn good.

Between them Balatoni, Sinclair and O'Donnell have collected the grand total of six bookings.

Doolan has not been booked at all.

There are two teams in the division where seven players have six or more yellow cards to their name.

One of these teams has a total of nine red cards.

The discipline of the team as a whole might draw some attention but I would challenge anyone who would say that they are a "dirty" team or that the players with significant number of yellow/red cards are suspect characters. Far from it in fact.

Muirhead will serve his sentence and, hopefully, learn.

Paton and Bannigan have both served the required bans for their yellow card offenses.

Time to draw a line under he discussion.

There is a championship to be won.

• Members

From the SFA website........... Excessive misconduct involving violent conduct, dissent, the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language and the adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official.

I'm guessing Aaron must have threatened to kick the ref's **** in!!! :D

• Members

For his goal celebration. Harsh to say the least as he didn't leave the pitch and could hardly run away from the fans who swarmed him!

Yet the Queens scorer took forever to get off the pitch after he scored, seemingly wanting to wave to everyone in the crowd and celebrate with everyone of his team mates and didn't even get spoken to. As I said elsewhere, the ref had a mare of a game.

From the SFA website........... Excessive misconduct involving violent conduct, dissent, the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language and the adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official.

The dissent, use of abusive/insulting language (was shouting something at Muirhead as he left pitch) could also be levelled towards Higgins!

Sound like a stuck record I know but truthfully can't believe no further punishment has been given to either him or the keeper for their antics.

If the SFA think that sort of behaviour is appropriate then they're taken a chance on it being open season.

Mind you, should we be surprised?

The SFA run by a man who suggested there may be 'social unrest' if Sevco ended up in Div 3. The same man who just yesterday defended Craig Thomson over the 3 offsides that took Dortmund through. Instead he criticised the ret of his refereeing team.

Joke organisation.

Edited by Trotter