Tag

Shuggie

Considering how the Jags Trust died on its arse, the supporters federation thing is something I like.

This attitude is one that will come back to bite the club on its collective bum: the Jags Trust is a major shareholder, and practically the only one capable of counterbalancing shares that are in the hands of members of the former board. Now, when the going is good and everyone seems to be willing to cooperate, is the time when the current board should be reaching out to the Jags Trust (and fulfilling the commitments made in good faith between it and the old board, which led to the creation of the Centenary Fund). Otherwise, when at some stage things begin to go awry, a recalcitrant major shareholder will be a potential weak spot. There are already links between One Thistle and the Jags Trust, and it would be foolish not to use these.

On another, practical point, my trade union has some experience of a "walled garden" approach to web access. It hasn't been a success - and has put off people that already pay for benefits, who then feel they're excluded. It's hard to judge how to balance increasing income against worsening PR.

• Like 1

As a first division team I'd have been quite happy to stump up the £12 for the super version this season. Bristol Rovers charge £4.95 a month just for getting video highlights - no other things like on offer on the £6 version.

Two issues though - when we get to the premier next year, I can have access to BBC Radio Scotland Open All Mics, so have a live commentary and see the highlights or (delayed) live on Alba, With my blind loyalty to the club, I'll probably stump up anyway, but think there'll be a few Anglos debating if it's worth it.

If i lived abroad I'd be jumping at it as I can't do IT stuff like proxy servers very well.

Edited by Wiltshire Jag

There are already links between One Thistle and the Jags Trust, and it would be foolish not to use these.

I don't really know what the Jags Trust do anymore, whereas onethistle have really stepped up this season and provided that link between management and supporters. Perhaps an amalgamation of the two could be on the cards? With the Jags Trust coming under the onethistle banner?

• Like 1

It's about time the club made money out things like the highlights service. The reason some will complain is they've had these services for free for ages now when the club should have been looking at using it as a way to make more money. We've been spoiled for years, especially when you look at clubs in the same division like Morton who don't do any sort of text commentary on the website or video highlights.

I'll be more than happy to couch up for the plus membership on top of my season ticket. If we're in the SPL then 19 programmes on their own would cost £47.50 without including any for cup games which pretty much justifies the cost of it for me since I always intend on buying one but don't always manage due to either forgetting, having no change or earlier in the season the North Stand selling out of them.

• Members

This attitude is one that will come back to bite the club on its collective bum: the Jags Trust is a major shareholder, and practically the only one capable of counterbalancing shares that are in the hands of members of the former board. Now, when the going is good and everyone seems to be willing to cooperate, is the time when the current board should be reaching out to the Jags Trust (and fulfilling the commitments made in good faith between it and the old board, which led to the creation of the Centenary Fund). Otherwise, when at some stage things begin to go awry, a recalcitrant major shareholder will be a potential weak spot. There are already links between One Thistle and the Jags Trust, and it would be foolish not to use these.

On another, practical point, my trade union has some experience of a "walled garden" approach to web access. It hasn't been a success - and has put off people that already pay for benefits, who then feel they're excluded. It's hard to judge how to balance increasing income against worsening PR.

Totally agree with this Fearcher, in fact just posted something similar on another thread.

Initial thoughts Martin will be that Members are allocated to Supporters Branches in there area - they elect delegates and meet with the Full Board once a quarter - we get a spread of views and issues and a stronger voice as opposed to one lone one in the Boardroom - HOWEVER the Supporters Federation will hopefully evolve and make its own decisions ,the Club will simply feed members to each Branch as and when the join TAG - so we are clear TAG is a long term strategy and will evolve much as onethistle has. The Centen[a]ry Fund will run as it is at present for the time being.

What goes around comes around: the Centenary Fund was set up, among other things, to consolidate various means of channeling funds to the club. Now it looks as if new methods are being introduced to reverse that.

• Members

As a Season Ticket holder, I'll get the basic free. However and after such a fantastic season and to show faith in the volunteers and where they are taking the Club, I'll definitely fork out the extra £60 for the enhanced package.

I'm sure it's only early days and things will hopefully develop with it in the future. It's now up to the Club to develop it as it goes along and not just allow it to die. Can a volunteer be assigned to this to ensure it does Jim?

Think people are focusing too much on the fact that the club currently provides a matchday text service, records, edits and posts a highlights package and has seasons of this stuff hosted and available on demand (among other things) and they don't charge a penny for it.

£6 a month - so realistically you could just miss out a pint or 2 less a month etc if you couldn't afford it but £6 is such a small amount a month and I really hope loads of jags fans sign up!

My point exactly. Thats why i dont understand people moaning cause they used to get it for free! Its such a trivial amount and whether its going to help one thistle or our club in general we should all get behind it. The live match stream for nomads or anyone unable to make the match would also be something that would interest people, whether thats through subscription or one off fees.

I guess kids who have signed up for their season tickets get free access?

Also is there a concession rate for those with the appropriate season ticket?

Can a member view on various computers/devices e.g. smartphone, home computer, tablet even at work or at a library or iCafé?

Paying in at the gate for all but one game this season I could be a little aggrieved at paying more than someone in a position to afford a season book and have to pay an extra £60/£72 for TAG membership or twice that for the TAG extra service. It would make think about a season ticket though, so I see it as a positive, progressive initiative overall.

I guess kids who have signed up for their season tickets get free access? - Yes

Also is there a concession rate for those with the appropriate season ticket? - No

Can a member view on various computers/devices e.g. smartphone, home computer, tablet even at work or at a library or iCafé? - Its no different from current set up.

Paying in at the gate for all but one game this season I could be a little aggrieved at paying more than someone in a position to afford a season book and have to pay an extra £60/£72 for TAG membership or twice that for the TAG extra service. It would make think about a season ticket though, so I see it as a positive, progressive initiative overall.

I think it is an excellent concept and hope people sign up for it. The main questions I had when I was reading about it last evening were:

1. Centenary Fund - is this as well as that or will it ultimately replace it?

2. Supporter Federation - is this a group that is completely seperate from the Trust and will there be representation from this group at Boardroom level?

3. I quite like it but am not entirely sure what the logo is?

I feel it would make a good tattoo. I'd like to see the drawing without text in front of it. I've been thinking of getting a thistle (the flower not the team) related tattoo for a while, and though that is very different to what I was thinking I really like it.

Edited to add: Only just seen it on the website front page for the first time - don't like it so much there with its reflection. However on the ptfc.co.uk/tag page as the background to the details of each membership level it looked pretty nice.

Edited by twinny

I feel it would make a good tattoo. I'd like to see the drawing without text in front of it. I've been thinking of getting a thistle (the flower not the team) related tattoo for a while, and though that is very different to what I was thinking I really like it.

Its a Goldfinch - nice Red & Yellow (ish) Plumage - its a bird which is common in North Glasgow and it feeds on Thistles :thumbsup2:

Just checked the webpage out. http://ptfc.co.uk/tag

The prize to win a trip to Barcelona doesn't interest me though - why go to see them play when you could see the jags play? :)

I also see there is a "social event" for tag plus members - would this be a bit like poty? would the players even come?

Could it be arranged that it's anywhere but the Aitken suite?

Anyways £6 a month - i am in! Great idea! About time too!

Oh and you can join online - love it !! :) Except it didn't give me the tag number I wanted! :(

Just checked the webpage out. http://ptfc.co.uk/tag

The prize to win a trip to Barcelona doesn't interest me though - why go to see them play when you could see the jags play? :)

I also see there is a "social event" for tag plus members - would this be a bit like poty? would the players even come?

Could it be arranged that it's anywhere but the Aitken suite?

Anyways £6 a month - i am in! Great idea! About time too!

Oh and you can join online - love it !! :) Except it didn't give me the tag number I wanted! :(

I had already reserved 666 LMJ :evil:

While i agree on the club looking for ways to bring in revenue, the prices will increase next season if we're in the SPL to £ 20, its a lot of money in these hard times, the club will make money out of SKY TV deals etc, if we're in the SPL, the board of directors should be looking at more sponsorship from companies, Fans pay more than enough through the turnstile to watch games, and yet directors expect fans to fork out more all the time.

• Like 1