Supporter Federation

Willjag

• Members

I suspect lots of folk wont like this but, I think it's a missed opportunity to show we really are "Onethistle" and for the Trust to be incorporated into things at the Club. If we are going to have a Supporter Federation, then why not have the Trust membership as the basis of that Federation?

• Like 1

i dopn't think there would be anything to prevent the trust being a "regional" supporters club and having federation representation through thaty means.

just like star n garter drinkers could become a regional supporters club and seek representation.

in all honesty i think the jags trust debate muddies the waters some what. can anyone honestly put their hands up and say the trust represents the fans as a whole? can anyone say the trust represents its members? can anyone say the trust has any influence on the club and the running of the club?

a few years ago a group of folk answered no to the above questions and tried to change the answer to yes. we all know how that ended.

scottish football has changed drastically in the last 10 years, trusts were introduced and touted as the model for all fans to use as the one to gain more control/influence of their club. how many clubs in scotland can honestly say that was a successful model?

it could be argued that OneThistle has done more for the fans of Partick Thistle in 12 months, than the trust has done in it's many reincarnations.times change, we move on. can anyone say that being a sharholder in a club carries any credence for a club our size? we are a fans club, we need to step up and become involved.

the trust model does not work. i'm sorry but that is a sad fact of life. many people gave the trust their all, and nothing progressed, nothing really happenned.

next season if everyone renews their season ticket, the federation will automatically have 1000+ members. and will not have cost them anything extra to become a member.

Whatever anyone thinks of the trust, they do seem to pay up financially if and when the club comes calling for a little money. Could the club get by without that support? Yes, but it's still there & the trust pay up asap when the club asks for a little money.

So I read in the programme afew weeks ago anyway, with some examples of when this has happened.

Whatever anyone thinks of the trust, they do seem to pay up financially if and when the club comes calling for a little money. Could the club get by without that support? Yes, but it's still there & the trust pay up asap when the club asks for a little money.

So I read in the programme afew weeks ago anyway, with some examples of when this has happened.

here i go again, but exactly the same thing happenning in Paisley.

St Mirren have a Trust, they raise a lot of money for the club, the sort of money that makes our trust look like a youth club to be honest. the latest being a 50k interest free loan to the club to help pay for a domed covering for their five a sides.

do they have any increased influence or shareholding in return? none.

st mirren recently introduced a fans council. 20 fans from all walks of life to work with the club on every aspect of the day to day running of the club as well as the clubs long term strategy.

are the trust involved? no.

as i've said above, we need to move on. a football trust is not a positive way to progress a club of our size, other clubs are moving away from that model, taking different routes. we need to do the same.

St Mirren have a Trust, they raise a lot of money for the club, the sort of money that makes our trust look like a youth club to be honest. the latest being a 50k interest free loan to the club to help pay for a domed covering for their five a sides.

st mirren recently introduced a fans council. 20 fans from all walks of life to work with the club on every aspect of the day to day running of the club as well as the clubs long term strategy.

as i've said above, we need to move on. a football trust is not a positive way to progress a club of our size, other clubs are moving away from that model, taking different routes. we need to do the same.

This did not answer the question that was asked? What Happens when the club needs money in special circumstances such as Lawless operation this season which i think i remember reading the trust paid at least some of it?? You have just said you will have a 1000+ members just from the season tickets holders assuming they are all happy none of which pay any extra where would the supporters fed get money in special circumstances when the club requires it. Is their a target up take number from non season ticket holders?

I would like more details of what the membership entails as on the website if doesn't go into a enough detail.

To bring back a well used phrase on here, the trust is a dead duck. Can someone tell me anything of meaning that they actually do? When was the last time they tried to do anything to engage with the supporters (outside of their wee clique) that they claim to be representitives of? Even the POTY awards was like a closely guarded secret when it should be advertised all over the place as we look like we are going to have something to celebrate for a change.

onethistle have done more in a few weeks than the Trust have done since it's inception (with the brief exception of the 1876 club - and we all know what happened there)

When Clyde were in the first divison a few years back, there supporters Trust raised generally £65k towards their players budget as well doing a lot of work in Cumbernauld.

Also they were very instrumental in raising funds to help save their club a few years back.

This did not answer the question that was asked? What Happens when the club needs money in special circumstances such as Lawless operation this season which i think i remember reading the trust paid at least some of it?? You have just said you will have a 1000+ members just from the season tickets holders assuming they are all happy none of which pay any extra where would the supporters fed get money in special circumstances when the club requires it. Is their a target up take number from non season ticket holders?

I would like more details of what the membership entails as on the website if doesn't go into a enough detail.

He answered the question himself, leaving it rhetorical.

i will not have 1000+

who said the federation "replaces" the trust, i don't think anyone has.

what more detail would you like.... of what membership entails?

When Clyde were in the first divison a few years back, there supporters Trust raised generally £65k towards their players budget as well doing a lot of work in Cumbernauld.

Also they were very instrumental in raising funds to help save their club a few years back.

which is great "for a club of their size" bloody incredible infact.

the federation isn't being touted as some new fund raising vehicle. what i'm saying is that fundraising and influence are no longer held under the same umbrella (like a trust) as they were before.... we have moved on.

And what I'm saying Dave is, why should it be anything other than another opportunity to further enhance the Onethistle ethic?

*i don't know the full details of what the trust have done in the last year... what conversations they have been invited into or taken part in, or declined to take part in. and on the flip side, have they invited onethistle into conversations? have they been as inclusive as you hope OneThistle would be to them?

i don't want to get involved in a beating exercise with the trust, so i'll leave it at this. all i know is there is a great opportunity on offer to the fans to be part of something great, i've suggested how the trust can be part of that, i see no issue with what i have suggested.

*They do not publish minutes of meetings anymore (sure this was part of the constituition).

*And the website carries very little news items.

*their twitter feed hasn't been used in over a year, i don't think.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

It takes a big man to make the first move Dave (no pun intended :D) instead of the Mexican standoff which would appear to be the thing at the moment.

They don't have a face anymore. Dave is spot on.