Rowser On Twitter!

Lindau

Every player has played their part this season.

Ironically Shug's biggest impact was his signing. It seemed a good signing at the time and gave a lot of us hope for this glorious season.

He's not had the best of the times on the park but he seems to be highly thought of by the younger lads and has maybe brought his experience to the fore off the park?

• Members

Slane probably has more minutes this season than Rowser. If Archie brought on a couple of the youth players to make their debuts after the title was won, we wouldn't expect and they wouldn't expect a league winners medal. I don't think Rowser would either.

Every player has played their part this season.

Ironically Shug's biggest impact was his signing. It seemed a good signing at the time and gave a lot of us hope for this glorious season.

He's not had the best of the times on the park but he seems to be highly thought of by the younger lads and has maybe brought his experience to the fore off the park?

I wonder - since he still has a year left on his contract whether he'll be asked to move to the coaching side of things (possibly player coach but only to play in emergencies). That would make sense if he did help out in the background this season.

I wonder - since he still has a year left on his contract whether he'll be asked to move to the coaching side of things (possibly player coach but only to play in emergencies). That would make sense if he did help out in the background this season.

I would think so. I'm sure there is some sort of reserve SPL league that allows over-age players? Murray would fit that role perhaps?

It may have changed in recent years but previously you certainly were required to have played a certain number of matches to qualify for a medal.

I believe clubs get a certain number of medals to distribute as they wish and can purchase more if they so desire. I think last time we went up players needed 10 league games minimum but I have a feeling that has changed since, not 100% sure though.

Guess you weren't around for the halcyon days of Dick Campbell's teams? Also can you post the link to the Official site's Rules For Being A Jags Fan?

To clarify, I mean anyone who boos a Jags player being presented with his medal.

Of course I've booed players who for example weren't giving any effort (Kenny Brannigan being a notable one)

Bit of a tangent but check out this sfc post match interview with Billy Brown of East Fife. I think he's about to pop. Martyn Corrigan, former Jag on first then after 2:30 the fun begins :lol:

http://www.stenhouse...atch-east-fife/

That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I thought the guy was a nugget when he did the summarising for the Ramsden's Cup Quarter Final here against Raith. This just confirms it. Verge of tears.

Slane probably has more minutes this season than Rowser. If Archie brought on a couple of the youth players to make their debuts after the title was won, we wouldn't expect and they wouldn't expect a league winners medal. I don't think Rowser would either.

It's not about Rowser expecting it it's about recognising his contribution over the years (for which he has no recognition of apart from a couple of POTY awards) with us & but for an injury that resulted in him missing pre-season training, I see no reason as to why he wouldn't have been a key player for us this season.

He was one of our best, fittest and most consistent players last season.

This is just the weirdest thread going on here just now.

A couple of folk wanting one of their favourite players given a winners medl, for duties to th club, regardless of the fact he played about 30 minutes and is no longer at th club.

Not to mention the Shug Murray stuff and billy brown stuff?

Ave folk cracked open the championship champagne already?