Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

How do you know what I, or for that matter other Thistle fans, want to wear? I actually think the stuff displayed so far is fine and there will be others I imagine who do and others who don't but that has always been the case in terms of kits/merchandise for as long as I have been supporting Thistle.

Marco77 hit the nail on the head - if you like the stuff on offer you will buy it, if you don't then you won't.

Fair comment but you should have ask Potty Trained on how he knew? Several posters on this thread have also been critical. Are we not entitled to state our opinions? Or is this just a forum for yes men and toadies?

Potty Trained has confirmed that the club did not even ask the fans for their opinions. All it would have taken was a questionnaire and some phone calls to season ticket holders. Alternatively, they could have issued and collected questionnaires at games.

The lack of Thistle specific designs (so far) is significant. I will reserve final judgement for the strip but it's likely to be another standard Joma design with a Thistle badge.

Edited by kni

Fair comment but am I not entitled to state my opinions? Several posters on this thread have also been critical.

You, and everyone else, is entitled to state an opinion but I was getting the impression that there have been people who have been passing off their opinion as the opinion of all fans when that is not the case.

I was thinking about this yesterday after having been in Glasgow during the day and seeing all sorts of clothing and "styles" on display and it is quite clear that different people like different things and that does make it difficult for suppliers to provide a range that will be popular with the majority of fans. For example The Might Quinn did not like last season's home top whilst I though it was great (never realised I was a yuppie) and I am sure that whatever is unveiled for this season will have the same sort of differing opinions.

You, and everyone else, is entitled to state an opinion but I was getting the impression that there have been people who have been passing off their opinion as the opinion of all fans when that is not the case.

Can you identify "those people"? I have not said that my opinions were those of anyone else. There are certain posters here, a few with vested interests, who attack anyone who makes critical comments

Potty Trained has confirmed that the club did not even ask the fans for their opinions. All it would have taken was a questionnaire and some phone calls to season ticket holders. Alternatively, they could have issued and collected questionnaires at games.

I didn't say that. I would also say the route you and others suggest the club should have taken to be unnecessary. Considering the info they would already have to hand.

Edited by potty trained

Haven't seen anything in the Joma range so far (admittedly only on the various links) that I would dream of buying, and I usually buy several leisurewear items every season.

I even think that the shades or R & Y look horribly garish.

Here's hoping that it'll look decent in the flesh, when we get to see it.

Went up to the shop today and its not actually open yet, but the guy at the shop was genuinely enthusiastic about linking up with Thistle and is confident in his products. In the flesh the products feel good quality, and personally I think that the leisure wear and new strips look very nice.

The range of leisure wear will be based around a few key products due to minimum order numbers. This seems a sensible business decision as they don't want stuff left over in large quantities.

Went up to the shop today and its not actually open yet, but the guy at the shop was genuinely enthusiastic about linking up with Thistle and is confident in his products. In the flesh the products feel good quality, and personally I think that the leisure wear and new strips look very nice.

The range of leisure wear will be based around a few key products due to minimum order numbers. This seems a sensible business decision as they don't want stuff left over in large quantities.

Without spoiling the surprise for the rest of us do you think these will be popular?

I won a signed top in the centenary fund draw and found out today it will be the new Joma top and will be a great keepsake to mark Thistles return to the top flight.

So i will be getting one whether i like the new design or not :)

Will be getting it framed up and is going in my son's room.

His first season at Thistles U13's youth side which he has thoroughly enjoyed and it turned out a special year at Thistle with the title win and promotion to the SPL for the senior squad

I think they will both be very popular. The home top has a retro kind of look with a couple of subtle details showing it is specific to Thistle. I believe both home and away kits are individual designs for the club. The team and fans will look great for our return to the top division. I can say nothing more on pain of death.

As it happens I surprised them right at the end of the day while they were moving a couple of mannequins into their back office area, clearly they weren't expecting anyone. It wasn't clear to me that the launch was for their online shop only, so I dragged my girlfriend up to Port Dundas to try and get a hoodie. The guy was happy to chat with my girlfriend and I for a few mins before they locked up.

I think they will both be very popular. The home top has a retro kind of look with a couple of subtle details showing it is specific to Thistle. I believe both home and away kits are individual designs for the club. The team and fans will look great for our return to the top division. I can say nothing more on pain of death.

AW MAN!.... c'mon!!! Hoops or stripes? .... Big bold stripes, please!!!!!!!!! :frantic:

^ I doubt that anything will happen until Archibald gets back from Tenerife. Logically, there should be an announcement before the squad leaves for the Durham training camp. Of course, there is no guarantee that the strips will be available for the Gateshead game. Or perhaps the away strip will be released first like last year. :rolleyes: