Dundee United - Takers

jaggy

I posted the original after seeing a report on Sky that he had not given up hope of playing again. My thinking was that if he does it will not be at the highest level, combining his coaching with the SFA and the occasional game for us along with some coaching might fit in very well. Just dreaming here but what a boost it would be for the club and Scott Fox to have is arguably the best goalkeeper Scotland have had coaching him. Also any young player thinking about signing for Thistle would have Archie, Shaggy and Craig Gordon as coaches, sounds good to me.

I posted the original after seeing a report on Sky that he had not given up hope of playing again. My thinking was that if he does it will not be at the highest level, combining his coaching with the SFA and the occasional game for us along with some coaching might fit in very well. Just dreaming here but what a boost it would be for the club and Scott Fox to have is arguably the best goalkeeper Scotland have had coaching him. Also any young player thinking about signing for Thistle would have Archie, Shaggy and Craig Gordon as coaches, sounds good to me.

What kind of long-term or permanent injury does he have? Could he stay fit enough to risk in the SPL if required? I wouldn't want to see a croc who wasn't fit enough.

Maybe he broke it again in action after coming back. Looks to be his knee(s) that were the main problem:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Craig_Gordon

I read an interview with him from a month or two back where he was saying he had issues with the patellar tendon in his knee. Sounded like it was so bad that if he did too much or too little on it then even walking was really tough, and finding that balance was proving impossible.

Aye - he's a welder by trade, but runs his own business, and is up to his eyeballs with drawing work, and such. Supposedly he's never in his office because he's always on sites.

Reliable source confirms that he is off to scumdee utd once his contartc is up . couldn't get from the drunken conv if this is at the end of this seaons or next but he is off

Haven't spoken to him in a while, so don't doubt your source.

They must really be making it worth his while then - time wise as much as anything. i seem to remember Celtic wanted him for their youth team coach when he came to us, but he couldn't give the time they demanded, hence the fact he's still at Firhill!

He's good at what he does - not had a bad keeper since he arrived (himself excepted!).