Star And Garter....epic Night

angry gaz

I was and whats that got to do with anything?

I got there at 9.30 and went to Woody after she was a bitch and got served no problem.

Just that I heard there was trouble in there with jags fans last week after we left. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Muirhead,Elliot and Craigen at the S&G

Archie,Shaggie,Hinchy and Maxi at the Brass Monkey.

Rest of the team at ma hoose. Whit a party we hid. We ran oot of cucumber sandwiches, Caviar and Champagne about an hoor ago and I just packed the last stragglers off in a taxi 10mins ago.

Unfortunately somebody droaped ma camera in the Rum Punch.

We left before you, so no.

Thanks for clearing that up.

With regards to last night in the star, I find it difficult to believe that the bar staff simply "didn't like the look of you". If a member of staff had an attitude like that it would have been noticed by other people long before now. The roster has been exactly the same since we started drinking there nearly a decade ago, and everyone I have ever come across has had nothing but good things to say about them.

At one point last night there was even a rendition of "Stand Up For the Barstaff" which was performed by every single person in the pub. Again, if one of the staff had an unpleasant attitude I don't think that would have happened.

If there's something else you'd like to add to the story then I'm all ears...

Thanks for clearing that up.

With regards to last night in the star, I find it difficult to believe that the bar staff simply "didn't like the look of you". If a member of staff had an attitude like that it would have been noticed by other people long before now. The roster has been exactly the same since we started drinking there nearly a decade ago, and everyone I have ever come across has had nothing but good things to say about them.

At one point last night there was even a rendition of "Stand Up For the Barstaff" which was performed by every single person in the pub. Again, if one of the staff had an unpleasant attitude I don't think that would have happened.

If there's something else you'd like to add to the story then I'm all ears...

There is nothing else to add. I have told it as it is. The guy was happy to serve me until she stepped in.

The snatching of the bottle of beer from me was the last straw, so I left and had a good night elsewhere.

Just that I heard there was trouble in there with jags fans last week after we left. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Bloody hell. Jags fans causing it in Mcchuills. I'll never be able to show my face in there again! What happened did you find out?

• Like 1

I will back up LMJ's version of events albeit I was incredibly drunk so my perception could be off.

In defence of the bar staff the guy let me buy the same round and was probably aware of what was going on, although that's strange in itself as I was drunker..

The incident was a bit surprising but no harm done,everyone had a good night and our party continued at the Woodside.

The most alarming things LMJ's brief appearance was her screaming and chanting about Denis Connaghan's contribution this season and how he should at least be given a coaching role for next season.

We were all just looking at each other saying, 'He left years ago!' but she just stared at us with bemusement and continued to proceed to the bar and order a 'warm Newcastle Brown' with a bowl of spiders.

A bowl of spiders?! Who orders a bowl of spiders these days?!

Edited by Ross

The bar staff at the S&G put in a Herculean shift for all the punters and, apart from about a 3 minute spell when they'd ran out of glasses, they served relentlessly without a pause all night. They must've been completely shattered at the end of that stint.

Giants of the licensing trade each one of them.

• Like 1

The bar staff at the S&G put in a Herculean shift for all the punters and, apart from about a 3 minute spell when they'd ran out of glasses, they served relentlessly without a pause all night. They must've been completely shattered at the end of that stint.

Giants of the licensing trade each one of them.

Totally agree BJ they didn't stop from the minute we got off the bus after the game.

Great to have you on board yesterday by the way and glad you enjoyed the day out :thumbsup2:

Totally agree BJ they didn't stop from the minute we got off the bus after the game.

Great to have you on board yesterday by the way and glad you enjoyed the day out :thumbsup2:

Cheers, Ian. Yesterday will stay with me for a very long time. My two mates from Blackpool were amazed at what Thistle life is all about. They loved every second of it.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The most alarming things LMJ's brief appearance was her screaming and chanting about Denis Connaghan's contribution this season and how he should at least be given a coaching role for next season.

We were all just looking at each other saying, 'He left years ago!' but she just stared at us with bemusement and continued to proceed to the bar and order a 'warm Newcastle Brown' with a bowl of spiders.

A bowl of spiders?! Who orders a bowl of spiders these days?!

I heard about this from a few people.

The other bit that shocked me was the "Gary Gow situation". Bit concerning really but surely Little Miss Jag will learn the hardway.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

No offence to the person but who is Denis Connaghan and what is a "bowl of spiders"? It's not on the menu down my country club.

Just called Denis and he asked for clarity on your identity before we further discuss him.

The Mafia were after him last week and he wants to keep his powder dry.

No offence to the person but who is Denis Connaghan and what is a "bowl of spiders"? It's not on the menu down my country club.

I was in the Star and Garter but my carriage had arrived by the time the incident happened. I hope it didn't spoil anyone's night; and I include LMJ (who I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting). With regard to the McChuills altercation (or was it just another incident?), I had also vacated the premises by the time things kicked off. (I'd left my son with a few Jags boys inside. Great night, great boozer and crackin' bunch of genuine Thistle boys. Wouldn't be surprised if a few posted on this forum; I don't know names and keep my distance on age grounds; but I know a few faces from both pubs. Anyway, if you like music and good tunes then give this place a go. Bit of a Celtic boozer but, in my experience, Thistle fans always most welcome.)

Bowl of spiders, hope this helps (taken in part from the wonderful resource that is the Urban Dictionary):

Flecks of shit that stick to the toilet bowl, even after flushing, that resemble spiders trying to crawl up and bite your ar*e. Sometimes caused by explosive diarrhea, other times caused by a Tower of Pisa turd when it falls and leaves shitflecks behind.

In everyday terms you might say: "I had an ar*e like an immersion heater - one blast created a map of Maryhill and North Kelvinside. The entire inside of the toilet bowl was painted with spiders". Least that's what I think it means :dancing:

Anyone else?

P.S. How did this feel good thread get hijacked? I'm still on a high having had a great night, with great people (cheers to the piper), the players and superb friendly jolly bar staff!

Edited by Meister Jag
  • Like 1

Highlight of the night was Armand One appearing near closing time.... walking straight into the lassies lavy and reappearing dressed like Miss Marple, howking up his dress, foot on stool and performing a rip roarng rendition of Dick Van Dyke's, Me Ole Bamboo. Before walking straight out the door and into a waiting taxi.

Reports suggest him and Jean Yves Anis were seen in Bamboo last night with the current squad downing absinthe like it's going out of fashion.

Crazy Armand, top bloke!

• Like 3