Tonights Times-Good News!

Lindau

Sounds great news but im slightly cautious until they actually sign on the dotted line

It's good that they are making moves early. We learned from last year that it's important to get all (if possible) of your team signed up well in advance - let's you work on togetherness and strategy in plenty of time. We probably will have to wait a few weeks for some signings though - quote from Archie that we probably won't be looking at 1st division players as we already have all the best ones! (Except 1 or 2 from other teams who are on contract anyway).

So I'd expect over the next 2-3 weeks to see current squad members being re-signed and some on contract taking up extensions. Once the SPL season finishes we'll see moves for players released by SPL clubs (and maybe a player from down south) - and if any of the current out of contract players are hanging fire they'll be told to sign or we'll get someone else in.

It's good that they are making moves early. We learned from last year that it's important to get all (if possible) of your team signed up well in advance - let's you work on togetherness and strategy in plenty of time. We probably will have to wait a few weeks for some signings though - quote from Archie that we probably won't be looking at 1st division players as we already have all the best ones! (Except 1 or 2 from other teams who are on contract anyway).

So I'd expect over the next 2-3 weeks to see current squad members being re-signed and some on contract taking up extensions. Once the SPL season finishes we'll see moves for players released by SPL clubs (and maybe a player from down south) - and if any of the current out of contract players are hanging fire they'll be told to sign or we'll get someone else in.

Archie is making all the right noises lets see who signs up first and that will give us a better idea of what type of players need to be brought in,there will be plenty to choose from I'm sure give the economic climate.

Can't wait to hear who we sign. Not sure if I want players I've heard of or not. Dundee signed a lot of big names and didn't really work. Where as Motherwell and Inverness sign unheard of people and it seems to work. Who knows.

Some managers - the best - look beyond a players basic abilities and consider also such things as whether they have repuations for being hard-working, team spirited, etc and are wary of guys (however good they are) with repuations of being difficult, disruptive, etc.

(Although in the 2 cases you point to, both managers are likely to have more contacts in England than in Scotland which explains why you hadn't heard of some of their players when they signed).

I'd hope and expect that Archie (and Shaggy) will be looking for players who are not only good players who will work hard but will fit into the kind of system and 'team ethos' we have at the club.

Edited by Mr Bunny