Weird Facts

allyo

In the past two months I've become totally obsessed by Thistle to an unhealthy extent. I'm battling it. But anyway...

As a result I'm coming up with weird statistics and facts. Like this one. Over the season, based on number of appearances, and I'd say many people's observations, our first eleven would be

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Sinclair

Bannigan Paton

Lawless Welsh Erskine

Doolan

However, that team never actually played together.

Anyone else suffering from similar affliction and therefore equipped with similarly random facts that they'd like to share?

Edited by allyo

In the past two months I've become totally obsessed by Thistle to an unhealthy extent. I'm battling it. But anyway...

As a result I'm coming up with weird statistics and facts. Like this one. Over the season, based on number of appearances, and I'd say many people's observations, our first eleven would be

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Sinclair

Bannigan Paton

Lawless Welsh Erskine

Doolan

However, that team never actually played together.

Anyone else suffering from similar affliction and therefore equipped with similarly random facts that they'd like to share?

They played together v Hamilton for 8mins.

http://ptfc.co.uk/te...s/1902_hamilton

Edited by Pie Of The Month
  • Like 2

To be so far below a goal a game is some achievement for Foxy.

I rather think tho' George Niven's 142 goals against is also excellent. His hundred games came at a time when attacking football was the norm. We were at that time no lower than 7th in the top division and as high as 3rd. Losing less than three goals every two matches must've been crucial to our success.

George Niven was something else. Gutted that I only got to watch him for two seasons.

For the record, I totally loved Alan Rough and was privileged to have seen him in action from when he represented Scotland under 18s at sevbrox, circa '69 v Holland, through the good years.

Having said all that, Scott Fox is the first 'legacy' Thistle keeper since, em, . . . . probably Nicky Walker, in my opinion.

Check out @ThistleStats on Twitter. Some crackers on there throughout the season. See if you can find the one about Thistle goalkeepers' first 100 games.

Thanks for the plug. Glad to hear someone enjoys it!!!

I wonder why Craig Nelson isn't on that list; according to the official history book he played in 107 matches.

Craig Nelson only played 99 competitive games for PTFC. His 107 total includes 8 friendly matches. I was only using competitive matches, since Foxy was making his 100th competitive appearance as a Jag.

How many of those guys first 100 games were in the top division,though. Rough, Murdoch, Kenny Arthur ?

No idea, I can check it out if people are interested, but. IMO, it doesn't take away from his achievement.

Maybe stats are only league games?

The stats were for 100 competitive games, regardless of competition(with the exception of Fox who at the time had played 99).

• 3 weeks later...