Is There Going To Be A Centenary Fund Draw This Month

TMJ

Cool, who's Iain Dodd and what's he actually doing with this? I've still had no word on my prize and we still await last months draw. It shouldn't be this hard to run a bloody raffle!

This months Draw is due by this time next week, did Eddie train him on how to keep up the high standard and timely execution of the fund draw

I'm giving it until Monday and if there is no draw or notification to me, the fund will be £20 lighter next month. I don't mind helping the club if there is a reasonable output of prizes that can be won but I'm not donating to them as its not a charity..!

£50,000 per season to the club (team) so hopefully they get it all back on track with the draw.

You want to increase the numbers participating in the draw and not lose folk who have already committed to it.

I will phone the office again and see if i can get someone to help me get the signed stop i won in May.

If the draw goes ahead next week i hope i'm not the lucky winner of a signed top. :D

Still no draw, we're now 28 days late and counting,

Not bad in the last 2 years the draw has been like this

• On time 1
  • Within a week 11 times
  • Between 1 & 2 weeks late 5 times
  • Between 3 and 4 weeks late 5 times
  • Over 4 weeks late 1 (Current draw by tomorrow)

4% customer service level, other clubs must be bench-marking our operation

Yeah - it's pretty poor. Am leaning towards withdrawing my £10. Its the only way I can see them sit up and take notice. Well, not just me withdrawing my £10, but you know what I mean.

It is a shame, as many have stated they'd be willing to up their contributions if it was well run and marketed.

From the Club site. Due to circumstances outwith our control, we have not yet been able to complete the draw for July. Results will appear here as soon as the draw has been made.

It is due to Paypal, not allowing payments for gambling.

Glad that has been cleared up

This could get messy soon if its not sorted. If its down to paypal, we really should be suspending the CF until the situation is fixed.

Is this a new thing, or has it been an issue for a while now?

How many people pay with PayPal - I certainly wouldn't welcome a multiple of £5, £10 or £20 coming out my account to make up for any failed transactions, if/when the situation is sorted.

As with many things it's down to communication - if the club are expecting me to continue my direct debits, I'd kind of like to know what's going on and when it's likely to be sorted.

This could get messy soon if its not sorted. If its down to paypal, we really should be suspending the CF until the situation is fixed.

Is this a new thing, or has it been an issue for a while now?

How many people pay with PayPal - I certainly wouldn't welcome a multiple of £5, £10 or £20 coming out my account to make up for any failed transactions, if/when the situation is sorted.

As with many things it's down to communication - if the club are expecting me to continue my direct debits, I'd kind of like to know what's going on and when it's likely to be sorted.

As far as I know all payments are made by standing order, so not really sure what the issue is. I do know that the last 2 cheques sent to the club on behalf of the Trust (old 1876 members who transfered) haven't yet been cashed.

As far as I know all payments are made by standing order, so not really sure what the issue is. I do know that the last 2 cheques sent to the club on behalf of the Trust (old 1876 members who transfered) haven't yet been cashed.

The club has now failed to draw July and Augusts draw (Both due on the 15th of the month) total farce of a situation.

Or maybe we just don't need the money?

This...

you wont even find the CF advertised on the club webpage now.... this from a club who have spent months in the past trying to drum up new members! I have checked my bank account and the club have taken July and August payments from me yet have not made the draw for either month. I am away on holiday soon and back early September, if the club haven't got their finger out by then I will cancel my membership. Call me a moaning minnie if you want but I dont like it when folk/ organisations / clubs take the p*ss, either deliberately or through incompetence. I will continue to buy a ST, support the team on the park, buy a programme and a half time ticket - at least they make the draw for that according to the nature of their promise! The fact that the club don't seem to be embarrassed by failing to draw the CF not once, but twice, is disappointing. No one at the club is able to find 5 minutes to post a message on the club website re the failure to make the draw is equally disappointing.

• Like 1

.you wont even find the CF advertised on the club webpage now....

Probably worse it's there sometimes. Other times zilch. Not up on all this webpage stuff so I don't know if we all see the same front page at the same time and the "ads" kinda alternate. Anyway I'd have thought a message explaining CF difficulty, a "due to circumstances out with our control" thingy, would be a priority.

I understand why a lot of info has not yet been updated but if past winners are anything to go by we're taking monthly payments from non Jags fans as well. I know when I give money to some raffle or other, nearly always a charitable cause, I'm never interested on the draw. I just assume the draw is made both punctually and correctly, in other words done in the same good faith as the ticket was purchased. If I heard the relative rugby club, kids football team, PTA, whatever didn't carry out that basic I most likely would tell them to stuff it next time round.

I trust those folk that were "bussed" in to influence the leap of faith vote, are showing just a modicum of contrition these days.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Or maybe we just don't need the money?

Bilko posted earlier that this makes the club 50K ayear, can we afford to lose this?

1. Have they found oil under the bing?
  2. Discovered a rare and very valuable painting when refurbishing the old board room?
  3. Has cockwomble actually got us a £100 million per year TV deal?
  4. Have we just given up caring about our customers?

So is it 1,2,3 or 4

They cant use Paypal. It was investigated as part of the 1876 Club and Paypal rules prevent payments being taken for "Lottery" use. The club were advised and given the results of my questions to Paypal. They also did their own investigations as well. So that is not the issue with the delays IMO.

PT is correct that the target was £100k, I understood it was nearer £70k it was making for the club but in any case it is not making the target they set for it.

It should be the simplest thing in the world to run, its not difficult to check who has paid and then make sure they are in the draw then sort out the prizes every month.

To me there are a lot of questions the club needs to answer on this, especially why they havent been able to carry out the draw for 2 months now? How are they going to resolve the issue ? How are they going to rebuild the trust with people who are paying up to £20 a month into the CF? What are they going to do to make up for the missed draws?

Brings me onto something else I have been thinking in that the CF needs to be redesigned. Its still a good system, it followed the 1876 Club idea that was an amalgamation of a number of other clubs fundraisers into something that made sense to me. However when you look at the likes of Morton, Raith and other clubs who have lottery systems that are available for sale online and through small shops in the local area, then look at the higher value prizes they can give out you see we are missing a trick here. Something needs to be done with this either an updated prize list or change to something completely different.

Gonna be interesting seeing what they come out with after all this settles.

Further to my post. It wouldn't take much for a hack to suggest that we're withholding payments to bolster cash flow. That in turn could switch a light on for a more investigative type of journalism. We're trying to get a few players signing extensions and perhaps a further signing. One of our attractions is the relative job security Firhill offers in lieu of a higher wage at certain shakier clubs elsewhere.

I don't personally believe that the delays are anything to do with cash flow, otherwise the Trust cheques would've been cashed. Conversely it can't be denied that delaying the draw does have a positive effect on cash flow.

They cant use Paypal. It was investigated as part of the 1876 Club and Paypal rules prevent payments being taken for "Lottery" use. The club were advised and given the results of my questions to Paypal. They also did their own investigations as well. So that is not the issue with the delays IMO.

i can't actually see a story on the official website stating the issue is with Paypal, have they taken it down?

Does anyone actually pay using Paypal?

if the club were aware in 2009 that they couldn't use Paypal, why did they decide to start?

Or is the Paypal excuse just a crock of shit, made up to appease the gullible CF members?

There was never a story on PayPal on the OS, it stated it was outwith their control, 2 weeks agao and over 2 weeks already late for July's draw someone speculated could it be to do with PayPal, what I find very strange is that S/O's havent been collected its almost as if the CF has completely closed down,

in any other organisation (charity or otherwise), whoever was responsible for ensuring price draws or raffles were carried out timeously, that relies on the continued goodwill and monthly contributions of the public, would have been relieved of their duties and shown the door by now.

There was never a story on PayPal on the OS, it stated it was outwith their control, 2 weeks agao and over 2 weeks already late for July's draw someone speculated could it be to do with PayPal, what I find very strange is that S/O's havent been collected its almost as if the CF has completely closed down,

ah right, the way i read TMJ's post was that the OS had stated it was due to Paypal.

TMJ, what made you think it was to do with Paypal?

S/O are sent from people NOT collected by the club. Just pointing that wee technicality out. So people will still be sending in their monthly payments to the club just now

Had misread an earlier post, but its still the situaution that people are paying for something that they are not recieveing, if we were seeing this on watchdog we'd all be tutting just now