Spl Kick Off Times

jagfox

Listening to the radio just heard that all kick-off times tomorrow are 12.45 on a Sunday? Not great especially if ICT, Aberdeen or County away on a Sunday next season. Unlikely to be televised unless we are doing well or in a relegation dog-fight.

We will possibly get two home games on TV against the Jungles so that wouldn't be too bad.

Would folk prefer a Friday night or Sunday morning for televised games?

I think I would prefer Fridays.

Edited by jagfox

It's one of a few things that I'm not looking forward to next season - daft kick off times. 12.30 on a sunday and Monday night games, totally useless for anyone that actually wants to attend the match rather than just watch it on TV - what a novel concept that's turning out to be.

From what I can recall from previous seasons, our first game will be at home, and it will be live on the Monday night.

I remember Hamilton beat the wee team from Dundee the year they got to the SPL. Same again would be pleasing.

From what I can recall from previous seasons, our first game will be at home, and it will be live on the Monday night.

The 1st division champions are usually at home on opening weekend but it's only been a Monday night game twice since the SPL was formed. We might not be playing in the league at all that weekend since it clashes with the league cup and we'd need the opposition to agree to rearrange it like Peterhead did this season with Dundee.

I work shifts so sometimes a change in date/ko time works to my advantage. eg. I made it to the Hamilton away Friday league game but if it had remained Saturday 3pm I would have missed it. Sometimes the flipside if that will happen, though, and alterations will work against me.

When it's my weekend and I'm able to go to the game whenever it is I'm very much a traditional Saturday 3pm man. Next best is Sunday with Friday and Monday nights least desireable.

I work shifts so sometimes a change in date/ko time works to my advantage. eg. I made it to the Hamilton away Friday league game but if it had remained Saturday 3pm I would have missed it. Sometimes the flipside of that will happen, though, and alterations will work against me.

When it's my weekend and I'm able to go to the game whenever it is I'm very much a traditional Saturday 3pm man. Next best is Sunday with Friday and Monday nights least desireable.

The 1st division champions are usually at home on opening weekend but it's only been a Monday night game twice since the SPL was formed. We might not be playing in the league at all that weekend since it clashes with the league cup and we'd need the opposition to agree to rearrange it like Peterhead did this season with Dundee.

I think Dundee only played in that round because they were in still in the 1st division when the draw was made

I think Dundee only played in that round because they were in still in the 1st division when the draw was made

They weren't as Rangers were voted into the 3rd the week before the draw with Dundee confirmed in the SPL before it too. Dunfermline played in the 1st round the season before when they were in the SPL as 1st division champions, same as Inverness the year before and St Johnstone the year before that. The only reason Ross County weren't in it is because all the teams jumped up one place when Rangers went to the bottom of the league structure.

We will be in the league cup first round.

Has to be sunday mornings for me. purely for travel reasons. Fly over saturday, hammered saturday night, cure in the S&G on the sunday before the game, then home sunday night.

slightly off topic, does anyone know how soon after the fixtures are released when the games to shown on TV will be decided,

They weren't as Rangers were voted into the 3rd the week before the draw with Dundee confirmed in the SPL before it too. Dunfermline played in the 1st round the season before when they were in the SPL as 1st division champions, same as Inverness the year before and St Johnstone the year before that. The only reason Ross County weren't in it is because all the teams jumped up one place when Rangers went to the bottom of the league structure.

We will be in the league cup first round.

When the league fixtures were announced last year, neither the Currant Buns or Scumdee were listed. Rather, it was the ubiquitous Club 12 who were added to make up the numbers.

I'd love a Friday night game or two against local teams like Celtic or St Mirren.

Motherwell and K*ll*e could be considered I hope. Celtic won't happen due to policing requirements unfortunately :(

Also still a chance could play Morton next season, probably with at least one game at St Mirren Park :D

Edited by jagfox

When the league fixtures were announced last year, neither the Currant Buns or Scumdee were listed. Rather, it was the ubiquitous Club 12 who were added to make up the numbers.

We're talking about the league cup draw not the league fixtures. The position of both teams was decided by the time the league cup draw was made. The club 12 situation is completely irrelevant.