Gate Prices 2013/14

jagscast

SPL Pay At The Gate Prices:

Partick Thistle:

Adults £20

Concessions £14

Under 16s Free

St. Johnstone:

West Stand - Adults: £24, +65s: £14, 13-18: £13, U12s: FREE!

North Stand - Adults: £23, +65s: £12, 13-18: £12, U12s: FREE!

Compared to last years SPL prices we have the joint lowest adult price and 5 clubs had lower concession prices.

Very reasonable pricing IMO

Will update first post as more clubs announce gate prices, for comparison.

Edited by jagscast

Does this mean that every game will have the same ticket price, regardless of opposition, and time of kick-off? Or does "walk-up" prices mean that if a game is all-ticket (if we are playing Celtic or we're fighting for Europe, lol) the prices will go up?

Using everyone's favourite team as a comparison, Dundee United (only because I visited their ground for a game at the start of the season) charge all different prices for different games. It's difficult to gain knowledge from their website as I can't find a record of all their past ticket prices; however, these are two to compare:

Versus Celtic 19/05/13 12:45 - Upper section: £25 and £13, Lower Section: £22 and £12

Versus Ross County 14/09/13 7:45 - Upper Section: £21 and £12, Lower Section: £19 and £10

Now, the Celtic ticket prices are for home fans, and the Ross County prices are what the away fans were charged (from County's website).

I assume both sets of fans are charged equally?

If we have a flat ticket price for every game, for both home and away fans, will that make us unusual?

This will be a very interesting thread to see if any clubs try to gouge the away fans, and who is best to avoid ...

The SPL gate prices from 2012/13(for comparison):

Aberdeen - Adults: £23, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £9

Celtic - Adults: £29, Concessions: £17

Dundee - Adults: £20, Concessions: £10

Dundee Utd - FP upper - Adult: £22, Concessions: £12

FP lower (and Shed) - Adult £20, Concessions: £10 - Student gate only valid in FP lower.

Hearts - Category A matches: Adult: £30, Concession: £22, U18: £20

Category B matches: Adult: £19, Concession: £15, U18: £10

Hibernian - Adults: £22, Concessions: £12

Inverness CT - Adults: £21, Concessions (+65, 12-25): £16, U12: £!0

Kilmarnock - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Under 12s (accompanied by adult): £5.

v Celtic: Adults: £26, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £10

Motherwell - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Juveniles: £12, Familes: £28

Ross County - Adults: £20, Concessions: £12, Under 16s: £10

St Johnstone - West Stand - Adults: £24, +65s: £14, 13-18: £13, U12s: FREE!

St Mirren - Adults: £20, Concessions, £10

Very interesting reading.

Will be interesting to hear what other clubs make of our prices and experience as the season goes on.

How many times have we been to a ground and complained about the prices considering the seating, catering, parking etc.

I think the new under 16 ruling for away teams is a great idea.

Remember paying £21 ten years ago at Easter Road for Lambie and Chic's last game.

Last game of the season, wasn't really worth anything. To make matters worse, my wife came, and she doesn't really care. So, £42 for a "friendly", sitting behind the goals, in 2003. On this basis it seems very reasonable.

By the way, Thistle scored a late winner that day, so it was actually worth every penny.

The SPL gate prices from 2012/13(for comparison):

Aberdeen - Adults: £23, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £9----possibly attend

Celtic - Adults: £29, Concessions: £17----no feckin chance

Dundee - Adults: £20, Concessions: £10---------

Dundee Utd - FP upper - Adult: £22, Concessions: £12

FP lower (and Shed) - Adult £20, Concessions: £10 - Student gate only valid in FP lower.--possibly attend

Hearts - Category A matches: Adult: £30, Concession: £22, U18: £20

Category B matches: Adult: £19, Concession: £15, U18: £10---attend only if we r category b

Hibernian - Adults: £22, Concessions: £12 attend

Inverness CT - Adults: £21, Concessions (+65, 12-25): £16, U12: £!0---no thanks fed up going there

Kilmarnock - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Under 12s (accompanied by adult): £5.

v Celtic: Adults: £26, Concessions: £17, Under 12s: £10 attend

Motherwell - Adults: £22, Concessions: £15, Juveniles: £12, Familes: £28 attend

Ross County - Adults: £20, Concessions: £12, Under 16s: £10 possibly attend only cos its a crackin day out

St Johnstone - West Stand - Adults: £24, +65s: £14, 13-18: £13, U12s: FREE!---will need talked into it

St Mirren - Adults: £20, Concessions, £10--attend

£20 may be reasonable in comparison to other teams in the league but £20 for an SPL match is a total joke.

£29 to go to Celtic Park, crap view, crap stewarding, a half empty ground and a likely defeat. Terrific. If that is what they are going to charge us we need to charge them exactly the same when they visit us.

£23 for St Johnstone, the most boring away day of the season, no chance I'm going there for the millionth time.

£29 to go to Celtic Park, crap view, crap stewarding, a half empty ground and a likely defeat. Terrific. If that is what they are going to charge us we need to charge them exactly the same when they visit us.

As I mentioned, Dundee United clearly charge more for Celtic games. Bet they aren't the only ones. Why shouldn't we? £29 is a disgrace anywhere in this country -- and for restricted views? GTF -- but if they want to gouge, let's gouge them back. There's still more than enough of the "World's Greatest Fans" in Glasgow stupid enough to pay it ...

£20 may be reasonable in comparison to other teams in the league but £20 for an SPL match is a total joke.

I agree and disagree. Definitely prices across the board are too high but to agree with you entirely you'd have to include much of the division we've just left as well. Look at the charges to get into Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and worst of all Morton.

Yeh this year i'll do st mirren to cross it off the list, killie cos its not too far for me, other than that im going to be hugely selective regarding away days this season

I'd suggest that chunky jag's plans will representative many of us. I can see a good Jags away turnout at Paisley and to some extent the easier to get to grounds (not including Porkheid). Tho' no particular fault of the SPL, travelling to away games next season will be more difficult money wise with three grounds well over 100 miles from Glasgow. Can only imagine the vast majority of our fans will be far more selective in choosing what games to go to. Those clubs who milk the away fans the most will hopefully be the biggest losers.

I agree and disagree. Definitely prices across the board are too high but to agree with you entirely you'd have to include much of the division we've just left as well. Look at the charges to get into Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and worst of all Morton.

I'd suggest that chunky jag's plans will representative many of us. I can see a good Jags away turnout at Paisley and to some extent the easier to get to grounds (not including Porkheid). Tho' no particular fault of the SPL, travelling to away games next season will be more difficult money wise with three grounds well over 100 miles from Glasgow. Can only imagine the vast majority of our fans will be far more selective in choosing what games to go to. Those clubs who milk the away fans the most will hopefully be the biggest losers.

I'll certainly be selective over away games next season.

"Did your club screw Thistle during the farcial second vote scandal over membership of the SPL? If yes, I'll be buggered if I give you any of my hard earned cash ever again".

I'll certainly be selective over away games next season.

"Did your club screw Thistle during the farcial second vote scandal over membership of the SPL? If yes, I'll be buggered if I give you any of my hard earned cash ever again".

It might be an idea to remind jags fans which clubs those were - although it might be easier to say which ones didn't !

It might be an idea to remind jags fans which clubs those were - although it might be easier to say which ones didn't !

Not that I'm going to be too swayed by all that shenanigans but I make it Ross Co & St Johnstone are the only two that come out untainted. ICT ignored the minimum requirement rule that wasn't a rule so I think we can assume they were complicit. St Mirren, well Gilmour anyway, altho' not an SPL club at the time encouraged the SPL to vote in favour of ICT.

Anyway if you haven't set foot in Almondvale or East End Pk and to a lesser extent Fir Park, Ibrox & Tynecastle since those last SPL days then you can boycott away without any threat of being open to hypocrisy.

Not that I'm going to be too swayed by all that shenanigans but I make it Ross Co & St Johnstone are the only two that come out untainted. ICT ignored the minimum requirement rule that wasn't a rule so I think we can assume they were complicit. St Mirren, well Gilmour anyway, altho' not an SPL club at the time encouraged the SPL to vote in favour of ICT.

Anyway if you haven't set foot in Almondvale or East End Pk and to a lesser extent Fir Park, Ibrox & Tynecastle since those last SPL days then you can boycott away without any threat of being open to hypocrisy.

Is that a list of the teams that voted one way then changed their minds and voted the other way, or just the ones who voted against us in the second vote?

I would not be in favour of a boycott either way, but if I was to pick which teams I hated based on that second vote, it would be the ones who changed their minds. The ones who voted against us in both votes are at least consistent.

Is that a list of the teams that voted one way then changed their minds and voted the other way, or just the ones who voted against us in the second vote?

I would not be in favour of a boycott either way, but if I was to pick which teams I hated based on that second vote, it would be the ones who changed their minds. The ones who voted against us in both votes are at least consistent.

If memory serves me well (and it usually doesn't) Livingston changed their vote (Their administrator voted for us but yon Irish guy, who was in the process of taking over Livingston, voted against. The late Thompson at Tannadice was I believe another.