Season Tickets

ptfc.no.1

I phoned last Friday and was told that STs would be available within 2 weeks which would seem to be nice timing for use at the Cypriot Challenge Cup or whatever else the Limassol game is being called. Hopefully an arrangement can be put in place so that supporters can pick up their ST before kick off (but that does sound a wee bit too sensible).

I have been emailed today and have been asked to request a seat and need to get back to them before Tuesday. I assume everyone has been too. I found it in my junk mail though.

Hey ... your post made me check my Junk mail and there was the reply. :clapping:

I quote: "Regarding your enquiry about season tickets, they will be available for post/collection within the next two weeks and we will contact you at this time. "

:unsure:

Anyone else keeping an eye on the Livvy game? Still 0-0 last I looked.

Last season my season ticket was in section 1 JHS, but I only sat there once and for rest of season I went to NS. When I renewed my season ticket over the phone I got the impression I couldn't have season ticket in NS (I must have misunderstood that I just couldn't reserve a specific seat in NS) so I renewed my ticket for JHS expecting to be able to get into North again. Reading about seating arrangements for next season on Thistle website I am now a wee bit concerned that with the new system I will only be able to sit in JHS. Clearly this would not be a disaster but I would prefer North Stand. I will phone the club about this over next few days but in the meantime any of you fellow Jaggo's in the same boat as me?

• Like 1

Haven't received an email yet. Can anyone confirm if I pick a Jackie husband seat will I be able to sit in the North Stand?

If this isn't possible then I really don't know where I will chose. I like the atmosphere of the North but the view really isn't that good. Feel I'd never properly see how the team works. I think a lot of people will think similar to myself and this could see the North losing some bodies - which had a large impact on our home record.

Is the fact the club CC'd everyone in the email meaning that everyone else who received the email about getting an allocated seat now has my email address and I also have theirs not a breach of data protection?

I wouldn't think so. Nobody knows who you are from an e-mail address, or where you are. Or anything, basically.

I wouldn't think so. Nobody knows who you are from an e-mail address, or where you are. Or anything, basically.

A quick google search seems to indicate email addresses are classed a 'personal data' under the Data Protection Act and therefore disclosing any email address of customers to a third party without prior consent would be a breach of the act by the club.

Orange for example were forced to issue an apology for doing the same thing.

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) helps to protect privacy rights by creating a set of rules for those who handle personal data and by giving individuals a number of rights over their personal data and the way it is handled. It is also governed by the privacy and electronic communications regulations 2003.

Those rules have been breached if even just one of those email address's contain a first and last name.

The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) helps to protect privacy rights by creating a set of rules for those who handle personal data and by giving individuals a number of rights over their personal data and the way it is handled. It is also governed by the privacy and electronic communications regulations 2003.

Those rules have been breached if even just one of those email address's contain a first and last name.

These of course can be entirely fictitious in an e-mail address. If I'm [email protected] and PTFC sends around a circular to all of the e-mail addresses it has on its list, are they really in breach of the DPA?

So the club have just given out 500 odd email addresses and left themselves open to prosecution?

:o hadn't noticed this. Can't say I'm too pleased that 201 (the number of fans cc'd into the email i got) people have been given my email address by the club. That's very amateur indeed. Come on Thistle screw the nut here eh!

These of course can be entirely fictitious in an e-mail address. If I'm [email protected] and PTFC sends around a circular to all of the e-mail addresses it has on its list, are they really in breach of the DPA?

I live with one of the other people on the list and I know their email address which includes their name and it's in the list so it's safe to say that's not the case for every email address. Some also appear to be work email addresses, I don't think employers go about giving out email addresses under names like Humpty McDumpty.

My email address includes my real first and surname, so if that's in a list which includes your fictitious address then yes it is.

Interesting.

What about all those close-ups of fans at matches on the facebook page. Should permission be sought before these get posted?

There was an instance when a former colleague of mine was pictured with her kids. It was removed shortly after, so I imagine she protested its publication.