Mcguigan

Veejag

I can't understand why mcguigan is being loaned out to Albion Rovers after all we don't have great depth in our squad and I think given the chance he could have made a difference to our squad as he has a different style of approach to what we already have

I can't understand why mcguigan is being loaned out to Albion Rovers after all we don't have great depth in our squad and I think given the chance he could have made a difference to our squad as he has a different style of approach to what we already have

I agree up to a point. But if he's not likely to be in the top 3/4 for selection (and he must be behind Doolan, Baird, Elliot and I'd imagine we'll be sgining another forward too) he's best to go out on loan. If we think we might need him we can alway make it part of the deal we can recall him if we find ourselves short of forwards.

On one thread people are moaning about the lack of SPFL quality in the squad and in another people are moaning we are getting rid of McGuigan.

McGuigan is nowhere near good enough.

I'm not moaning about us getting rid of him on loan. If (and granted it is a big if), he is ever to get a chance with us, he must be exposed to 1st team football at a decent level until January. He's not going to get that in the punt and rush league.

I'm with Grant re this. The likes of Dumbarton & Cowdenbeath would be a far better option than the 3rd Division. Chaplain was top scorer in that division (from midfield as well) but he wasn't deemed good enough for the 1st Division. Playing for a lower rated Div 1 club should mean he'd get a regular enough start and also mean he'd be up against a few decent defences.

The only benefits i can see from going back to Albion Rovers would be he'd be getting started every week and should be good for his confidence. Really tho' he'd just be marking time.

Anyway I thought Archie was quoted as saying he preferred loaning him out to a Div 1 club?

• Like 1

Maybe there was no interest from First Division clubs.

Surely some Second Division clubs would have been interested. Stenny have a few ex-Jags players. Ayr would have been a good option too. Mark Roberts could have developed his goal-scoring ability.

I watched today's game an Mark in particular as after all he's still a thistle player I thought he worked really hard and didn't have a great deal of support after all Albion are a part time team against the supposedly mighty Sevco so maybe before people criticise him and of course the rovers look at the big picture and the gulf between the teand

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another goal for big Mark yesterday…..

Ryan Scully got replaced after 50 min. Was he injured?

ETA: Couple of interesting snippets from the Albion Rovers forum:

"Once again Mark McGuigan was played wide right and had a quite superb game delivering quality balls into the box"

"As for Big Mark, outstanding is all i can or anyone else can say, great performance and a goal!"

Edited by Jaggernaut