Dug Out

The Cup

We should have ordered basic benches for the away team.

Old wooden primary school chairs for the away team

Crikey I just hope Neil Lennon and his cohorts don't start tearing them up when we pump 'em on October 26th.

we should have removed the wrecked section of seats from the JHS and installed them, in the away dugout, for the visit of the green arse cheek.

either that or old school benches, full of splinters, for the away dugout.

i'm not fussy. either would do.

Edited by yoda-jag

With my teachers hat on :smartass: I would hope someone will check for discarded chewing gum under the seats immediately after each match and give the culprits detention!

Do you remember the carnage inside the olde brick dugouts we had in the 70's when a ball :football: came off the pitch with venom and rattled around inside taking out any poor sod who were sat in there? :frantic: More injuries from that than actually playing :help:

Wonder when the term "dugout" came into use. In the years just after World War ! perhaps ? Is it used in England?

In the late 19th century one coach at a Glasgow club was so enthusiastic about the game that he was neglecting his wife and family, so the wife put a stop to him going to see his team on a Saturday. The coach got around it by telling his wife that he was just taking the dugout for a walkie. Of course I just made that up.