Armageddon Is Here

yoda-jag

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23512481

and so, one year on, after the death of a club that lasted for 140 years.

one season on, where the SP(f)L has been blue arse cheek free.

12 months after we were told Armageddon is coming to Scottish Football, and that Scottish Football needs a strong zombie club.

2 down (i'm guessing the green arse cheek, and one of the edinburgh clubs)

3 no change from last season

7 (yes, thats SEVEN) have seen a rise.

yes, it most certainly looks like armageddon is here, and cockwomble was right.

thank god he is our leader and chief executive, where would we be without him and that strong zombie club?

If you think everything is Rosie in the garden of Scottish football. Then take of the rose tinted glasses. Who gives a flying feck about the blue half and green half. Our new super duper league has no major sponsor, our sky and bt money is peanuts compared to even the third tier in English football. Crowds were down last year in the spl, our football to watch at times is piss poor (thistle exempt), we dont have the best stadiums in the world, the prices to watch this low standard of football is a fortune compared to some countries, teams are too scared of relegation in the spl that all the passing football goes out the window and kick and rush football is played.

Kilmarnock.....in real bad way financially.

Hearts......maybe 3rd division

Aberdeen...,closing all top stands this year, cannot afford leccy to run them

Motherwell......reduced wages by 30% at least

Hibs....only way they are surviving is by being run by sugar daddy.

But hey ho, who gives a feck about that, cos all that matters is getting digs in about rangers.

Scottish football is on its arse and we need to start looking at the big picture. If it keeps going the same way, I recon that 2/3 of the spl will be part time in 5 yrs and the winners of our league will not qualify for the champions league, but like Ireland, they will qualify for the Europa league.

• Like 1

"Kilmarnock.....in real bad way financially.

Hibs....only way they are surviving is by being run by sugar daddy."

This would have happened with or without the tribute act, expect a massive bombshell for the Sevco fans come end of November

If it keeps going the same way, I recon that 2/3 of the spl will be part time in 5 yrs and the winners of our league will not qualify for the champions league, but like Ireland, they will qualify for the Europa league.

Good, lets hope it keeps going the way it's going then. By that point Thistle will be one of the financially stronger teams in the country.

This would have happened with or without the tribute act, expect a massive bombshell for the Sevco fans come end of November

Totally agree, these teams were/ are in financial trouble, not because of rangers, but trying to spend money on wages and players that they could not afford.

Good, lets hope it keeps going the way it's going then. By that point Thistle will be one of the financially stronger teams in the country.

Lets not. Why not try and change it for the good of Scottish football. Better standard of football in the leagues would mean a better standard of football in our international teams. Other countries have turned it around, why not Scotland. What chance have we got as a footballing country if we cannot compete with teams from Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium etc. these countries aren't much bigger in size than Scotland, and don't have the mega money from sky as well.

Need to get rid of all the fat cats that are making millions and sitting on their arses doing feck all for it.

November???

Agree with you to an extent but things are far from rosie in the garden.

correct ian. my post was made with my tongue in my cheek, but at same time, highlighting the fact that 7/10 clubs have ST sales up on last year, 3 no change, and only 2 with lower ST sales, and that is something that should be celebrated.

AY - don't dispute your points on the lack of sponsorship and low tv income, but as norge says, all these clubs would have been in financial difficulty with or without the zombie tribute act ..... these are all clubs who have lived beyond their means for many a year, same goes for dunfermline (and history shows us the perils of doing this when you look towards dundee, livingston and so on).

as northernsoul says today in pars to be liquidated thread

Jammy ******** getting away with cheating away for years. Not even a further points punishment to start the season. Absolute joke.

And we continue to pay off our bank debt year after year, which has stifled us for years and held us back.

no matter what is wrong with our club off the pitch, whether its the northstand, season tickets delay, not enough bodies to answer emails/take supporters money, the deathly silence over tag, beattie and board anus rimming the OF, the stewarding or catering, the general office admin chaos, etc ..... at least off the field, we can say with certainty we are one of the better run clubs in scottish football, and while other clubs are continuing to have to cut their cloth or face hearts/deadgovanclub/dunfermline scenarios, we are well ahead of the game on that score and don't need to, we are building from a sound financial footing (though as NS says it has held us back for years), and that should make us stronger and stand us in good stead for the future, once half the teams you mention are playing in the lower leagues, or those around us finally see sense and only pay what they can afford, instead of the financial doping and cheating scottish football has seen over the last 20 or more years.

Too long we've underachieved and withered away in the first and second divisions. Now we're back in the top league and judging by our accounts, over the last few seasons we're now financially wise and competent. Now to stabilize in the top tier and build on and off the park.

I can't wait to go to these Clubs, some of which have financially cheated for years and beat them on their own turf.

• Like 1

Agree with the gist of this thread in that Donkey Doncaster was as usual talking out of his rear end when predicting Armageddon if Rangers were to be demoted. Equally, its clear that many clubs have overspent to the degree that puts their continued existence in question . Sadly, I doubt Dunfermline and Hearts will be the last relatively big club to suffer meltdown. That this is totally independent of the fortunes of Sevco is something the Laptop Loyal and their fellow travelers have still to take on board. Surely the one bright star in the firmament for Jag's fans at any rate is that we are back in the top flight, such as it is admittedly and will most definitely not be putting our clubs survival on the line by stupid spending of money, that we don't have and which in the current financial environment are unlikely to be able to borrow even if we wanted to.

If it keeps going the same way, I recon that 2/3 of the spl will be part time in 5 yrs and the winners of our league will not qualify for the champions league, but like Ireland, they will qualify for the Europa league.

Pretty sure that isn't the case.

If you win the top division in any European country, you have a chance to qualify for the champions league. The number of qualifying rounds you need to play may increase or decrease, but you always have a chance, initially, of qualifying for the champions league.

Pretty sure that isn't the case.

If you win the top division in any European country, you have a chance to qualify for the champions league. The number of qualifying rounds you need to play may increase or decrease, but you always have a chance, initially, of qualifying for the champions league.

Your correct, I know they didn't used too, but see they come in at the 2nd qualifiers rnd.

Agree with the gist of this thread in that Donkey Doncaster was as usual talking out of his rear end when predicting Armageddon if Rangers were to be demoted. Equally, its clear that many clubs have overspent to the degree that puts their continued existence in question . Sadly, I doubt Dunfermline and Hearts will be the last relatively big club to suffer meltdown. That this is totally independent of the fortunes of Sevco is something the Laptop Loyal and their fellow travelers have still to take on board. Surely the one bright star in the firmament for Jag's fans at any rate is that we are back in the top flight, such as it is admittedly and will most definitely not be putting our clubs survival on the line by stupid spending of money, that we don't have and which in the current financial environment are unlikely to be able to borrow even if we wanted to.

IIRC Kilmarnock were predicting meltdown when Rangers were sent down to the Third Division. They have big debts and must be under pressure.

Scottish football is in a fine state.

The clubs attendances are good for a country of our population and the money is now being spread throughout the divisions.

Our national team is poor and the quality of football could be a lot better too. There is a lot of scope to improve the stadia and what the marketing people call the "match day experience" - comfort, facilities, catering, entertainment etc.

It's not surprising that a lot of families would not even consider spending a Saturday afternoon watching a game. They would rather go to the cinema, shops or to other attractions.

But hey ho, who gives a feck about that, cos all that matters is getting digs in about rangers.

Scottish football is on its arse and we need to start looking at the big picture. If it keeps going the same way, I recon that 2/3 of the spl will be part time in 5 yrs and the winners of our league will not qualify for the champions league, but like Ireland, they will qualify for the Europa league.

Let's indeed ignore the fact that Scottish football attendances are proportionally one of the very highest in Europe. And why would would our coefficient reflect that of Ireland's when our clubs performance in Europe is, as it always has been, absolute miles ahead of theirs?

Scottish football is in a fine state.

The clubs attendances are good for a country of our population and the money is now being spread throughout the divisions.

The Scottish Premier League's average attendance fell by 28%, from 13,855 to 10,020,

Have a read of this and tell me after you read it that Scottish football is in a fine state....

http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/the-sfaspl-tv-myth-how-we-compare-to-europe/

This was from last year when we had a sponsor, we don't as of today have 1. We are in a bad way.

The Scottish Premier League's average attendance fell by 28%, from 13,855 to 10,020,

Have a read of this and tell me after you read it that Scottish football is in a fine state....

http://saintinasia.w...pare-to-europe/

This was from last year when we had a sponsor, we don't as of today have 1. We are in a bad way.

When to when? Was Rangers obliteration accounted for in these figures?

Most clubs are reporting an increase in season ticket sales this season.

Let's indeed ignore the fact that Scottish football attendances are proportionally one of the very highest in Europe. And why would would our coefficient reflect that of Ireland's when our clubs performance in Europe is, as it always has been, absolute miles ahead of theirs?

Of the 21 European ties played by Scottish clubs other than the Old Firm in the past five years, just five of them have been won and that's not counting this years. With the blue half out the picture for another couple of yrs, that leave the green half to try and keep up our co-effiency, which this yr we currently sit 18th. So as I said I the previous thread, in another 5 yrs time we could be like the Irish teams for co-effiency, and also a lot of their teams are now part time. So that's why the comparison was made with Ireland.

Ps. I don't know how many game Irish teams have won in Europe in the last 5 yr, but I bet it will be about the same as above. So I don't think we are that much better than the Irish league when you take away both chuckle brothers.

http://saintinasia.w...pare-to-europe/

If you take the parkhead attendances out of the figures you see an increase

When to when? Was Rangers obliteration accounted for in these figures?

Most clubs are reporting an increase in season ticket sales this season.

AY, as Norge says, take out the green arse cheek, and the average has actually gone up.

and as the Cup points out, last season there was no blue arse cheek ..... thats nearly 50k per fortnight (or works out at 5k/game spread across all games).

so, without the blue arse cheek in the equation, average attendances across the league has GONE UP over 1200 per game.

Take the green arse cheek out the equation, and average attendancesacross the league has GONE UP even more.

figures and stats can be manipulated or able to show what the mainstream media want, to pander to their bigotted readerships.

but take them out (or even one of them) = increased competetion = what the paying public wants = increased attendances for clubs outwith the ugly sisters.

add in fairer financial distribution of sponsorship, tv, and prize money, spread through the league(s) + clubs no longer spending outiwth their means = in time more of a level playing field which leads to better competition = better football, better product, more demand, increased sponsorship and tv revenue and so the cycle continues.

it's when competition is skewed so heavily in favour of two clubs, to the detriment of all other clubs and the scottish football game, that crowds decrease, sponsorship and tv revenues fall, and clubs spend beyond their means to try compete and and end up getting into admin/cva/liquidation territory.

the death of the 140 year old arse cheek is one of the best things that has happened to scottish football for decades. by that, i mean reality has to kick in for all clubs who have mispent and essentially cheated for years. yes there is some pain for some clubs now (and will be some more for others yet), but i believe we are heading in right direction to a better product and hopefully better success as a nation in international competition, and for clubs who get into european competitions. won't happen over night, but the direction of travel is being corrected.

now, all we need is financial armageddon for the green arse cheek .....