Celtic Ban Green Brigade

uberteeb

The lateral movement doesn't refer to the Poznan/Huddle thing. it refers to a nice wee dance you'll see in this video around the 1 minute mark:

Going from side to side.

Should they not be banned for advocating the wanton destruction of Glasgow and vandalism - sorry "emerging spray paint artists" ???

When Dools scored in the Ramsden's cup final, i went so crazy, i think I hugged every person next to me. It seems that in section 111 there seems to be a lot of touching and/or hugging. Arms round each other, dancing hand in hand and even taking their tops off. I quote:

"If you're not topless, you're not Celtic"

It all seems vaguely homoerotic to me.

As I've said before, letter to our Chairman outling our concerns for the October match.

jeezo if thats what they are getting banned for (lateral movement thing) god help the rest of football fans if they do as much as move a little when a goal gets scored...

and the problem with homoerotic is???

No problem at all. But theres a time and a place to touch men (or women) and its probably not in a football stadium.

jeezo if thats what they are getting banned for (lateral movement thing) god help the rest of football fans if they do as much as move a little when a goal gets scored...

It's not. It's as I said earlier blocking the stairway continually. Whether they do a wee dance in doing so is immaterial. No football ground in UK could escape that not being a serious healthy and safety issue.

It's not. It's as I said earlier blocking the stairway continually. Whether they do a wee dance in doing so is immaterial. No football ground in UK could escape that not being a serious healthy and safety issue.

Agreed,

And something folk in the North Stand need to take notice of... There's only so many times Sporting Solutuions send their stewards up the stairs at the north stand to tell folk to get in the rows.

going back into the stairway as soon as the steward heads back down the stairs isn't going to help anyone.

The lateral movement doesn't refer to the Poznan/Huddle thing. it refers to a nice wee dance you'll see in this video around the 1 minute mark:

Going from side to side.

Should they not be banned for advocating the wanton destruction of Glasgow and vandalism - sorry "emerging spray paint artists" ???

When Dools scored in the Ramsden's cup final, i went so crazy, i think I hugged every person next to me. It seems that in section 111 there seems to be a lot of touching and/or hugging. Arms round each other, dancing hand in hand and even taking their tops off. I quote:

"If you're not topless, you're not Celtic"

It all seems vaguely homoerotic to me.

As I've said before, letter to our Chairman outling our concerns for the October match.

If that is what is then I am not surprised they have banned it. In fact, I applaud Celtic for doing so. Can you imagine having to sit there and witness dozens and dozens of flabby, pasty naked bellies whackling up and down with each jump? :puke:

Some of the male fans are almost as bad too.

Green Brigade Benefit Concert at Firhill Stadium

"I Dreamed A Grand Old Dream"

2u5awsm.jpg

Tickets now available in 3 exciting flavours -

*GOLD - Entry to the North Stand + free firework + free safety matches

*SILVER - Entry to the Main Stand + free babywipes (green lightstick with first 100 tickets sold )

*BRONZE - Entry to the Bing + free sparkler (special prize for best dressed gnome with an Ultras tattoo)

Voucher for FREE "Tasty Pie" TM with every ticket sold courtesy of Sporting Solutions (RRP £8.99)

Lateral movements welcome

UNTIL THE LAST SUBO

Be there

• Like 1

Tickets now available in 3 exciting flavours -

*GREEN - Entry to the North Stand + free firework + free safety matches

*WHITE - Entry to the Main Stand + free babywipes (green lightstick with first 100 tickets sold )

*GOLD - Entry to the Bing + free sparkler (special prize for best dressed gnome with an Ultras tattoo)

Voucher for FREE "Tasty Pie" TM with every ticket sold courtesy of Sporting Solutions (RRP £8.99)

Lateral movements welcome

UNTIL THE LAST SUBO

Be there

Missed a trick there with the flavours - fixed that for you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

the key quote for me in this article is this:

"Celtic has engaged with the Glasgow City Council Safety Advisory Group regarding this matter and they have noted these assurances.

which represents, whatever the background story to this is, that glasgow CC will budge its standpoint if pressure is applied in the interests of supporters by the club advocating on their behalf to change to a more understanding perspective.

What this means for us i reckon is either

a) the club haven't really put the case of the north stand to GCC or

B ) that there is partiality towards celtic fans interests in the decision making procedure of the safety committie.

if it A well meh start sending those emails to the club again or, if B then the fact a decision has been made in favour of the GB can be used to bring the case again to GCC for a more favourable outcome should the club be favourable to raising it again...

Edited by mrD

GREEN BRIGADE STATEMENT

The Green Brigade are pleased to announce that a positive outcome relating to Section 111 has been reached after constructive discussions with the Club. All relocations away from our block within Section 111 have now been reversed with all of those affected being returned to their original seat.

As always we must thank the Celtic support who once again rallied around our Group and section when it was needed. We would like to especially thank all fans within our block for their patience and resilience over the past few weeks as we tried to reach a positive conclusion. We are now satisfied that this has been achieved and look forward to returning to Celtic Park on Saturday to resume normal practice. Furthermore we look forward to working together with the Club on a project to introduce a Safe Standing section to Celtic Park.

Given relocations have already taken place - and the late nature in arriving at this conclusion - current/original season tickets will no longer be active. For Saturday's match paper tickets will be issued for all within the block and will be distributed before the match. Tickets will be available for collection from 1pm at the ticket office behind the Superstore and will only be issued after presenting your 111 teamcard. We understand that this may be problematic however will strive to make the process as smooth as possible.

Until The Last Rebel

looks like safe standing is defos on the agenda if celtic are persuing it. ******* sucks that we got rid of the biggest section of terracing left in scotland though if that is true :(

I am a registered pyromaniac and have quite a bit of form for my fetish. I am fairly well known to Fire Brigades in Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Maryhill, not to mention the polis and the Probation Services. In fact, I present a far bigger threat to the safety of everyone who will be at the match on 27/10/2013 than the Green Brigade, their pals and their families added together. In fact the only time I'm able to contain myself and desist from engaging in my fire fetish is when I'm surrounded by my Jags supporting brethren.

Therefore, and in the interests of my safety and that of all others due to be visiting Firhill for the forthcoming Partick Thistle v Celtic fixture, wouldn't it be advisable to house me and a sizeable number of Thistle fans in the North Stand? Doing this would virtually nullify any prospect of me endangering the lives and safety of several thousand spectators.

• Like 2

I am a registered pyromaniac and have quite a bit of form for my fetish. I am fairly well known to Fire Brigades in Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Maryhill, not to mention the polis and the Probation Services. In fact, I present a far bigger threat to the safety of everyone who will be at the match on 27/10/2013 than the Green Brigade, their pals and their families added together. In fact the only time I'm able to contain myself and desist from engaging in my fire fetish is when I'm surrounded by my Jags supporting brethren.

Therefore, and in the interests of my safety and that of all others due to be visiting Firhill for the forthcoming Partick Thistle v Celtic fixture, wouldn't it be advisable to house me and a sizeable number of Thistle fans in the North Stand? Doing this would virtually nullify any prospect of me endangering the lives and safety of several thousand spectators.

what's your favourite accelerant mate.

the key quote for me in this article is this:

which represents, whatever the background story to this is, that glasgow CC will budge its standpoint if pressure is applied in the interests of supporters by the club advocating on their behalf to change to a more understanding perspective.

What this means for us i reckon is either

a) the club haven't really put the case of the north stand to GCC or

B ) that there is partiality towards celtic fans interests in the decision making procedure of the safety committie.

if it A well meh start sending those emails to the club again or, if B then the fact a decision has been made in favour of the GB can be used to bring the case again to GCC for a more favourable outcome should the club be favourable to raising it again...

Probably a bit of both A and B to be honest.

Our board don't give a shit about the fans, as they currently proving. Can't imagine them trying to fight the decision at all.

At the same time, the green brigade are now a sizable portion of the Celtic support, which no doubt influenced the club and the council's eventual u-turn.