Falkirk V Jags To-Night

policemans whistle

Pleasing that Archie seems to have put some thought and effort into putting together this under 20 team for the new season.

I remember Lambie pretty much signed everyone released by Falkirk under 21s and Billy Brawley for our youth team when we got promoted last time around, and they were all absolutely hopeless.

Enjoyed the game tonight. We actually started poorly but after the first quarter we began to take control.and ran the game throughout the second half. Pick of the goals was our 2nd scored by James Martin, a cracking placed shot after a nice build up. Duggan scored the first after the goalie made his second mistake of the night. His first went unpunished after Duggan missedthe ensuing penalty.

Second half Duggan got his second and our third after an excellent threaded ball from Colina. Well on top when our centre back, Brownlie headed home from a corner. The 4-0 might be a bit flattering as we were playing Gallagher & Gabriel and the Falkirk players looked to me maybe a bit younger than our lads.

Any word on how the guy we nabbed from the despairing clutches of Barca played?

Colina is obviously a class act. I'm not too sure if he and his colleagues were always on the same wavelength so I can't say he was always effective last night. He was playing in the "Craigen" position in midfield. Some of his touches were sublime especially his work at the third goal. Physically he might not be quite ready for the first team, not unlike Craigen when he first arrived, but that apart I reckon he'll be not far away later in the season.

Thistle team -Paul Gallacher - Ross Meechan - Dale Keenan - Gabriel Piccolo - Darren Brownlee - David Wilson - James Martin - Lee Gallacher - Chris Duggan - Simon Colina - Jordan Leyden

It's surprising that McDaid was only on the bench. The other lads must be ahead of him which is good news.

I can't remember Chris Duggan's signing being announced on the club website. A Google search revealed that he played for Accies. Does anyone know more about him and how long he is signed up for? The match reports of the Hearts and Falkirk games indicate that he is a very good prospect.