Fans Feedback - Issues With Ptfc

sb1876

From reading several of the threads there are quite a few items coming up about the club that are causing some fans concern (comments in "Strips & merchandise for next season" and "Potential Heartsache" to name just two), a few comments are general complaints about poor communication although some are fairly serious and could benefit from being addressed or at least clarified by the club.

I'm not sure who reads all of the posts in every topic although though folk could put them in one single thread that maybe someone from the club could be directed to? At the very least it should help keep things all in one place.

These are the ones I can remember so far. I've tried to list the stuff which is not just about one persons experience or just a moan and collate the significant comments and apologies for any that I've not seen or have just missed.

Main stand

What standard of toilet and washing facilities does it have?

Why upgrade the directors area? especially when (potentially) the funds could have been spent on the other paying public areas in the stand?

Will Propco sell it back to the club and at what cost?

Long term is it to be refurbished or demolished? (may need to keep the facade?)

Bing!

Why demolish the terrace? (why not just leave it alone and not use it/not get a safety certificate for it?)

Will Propco sell it back to the club and at what cost?

Any medium/long term plans for this area?

North Stand

None? Has all now beeen covered through club communication (albeit slow and showing some disregard for the fans and the clubs own earlier assurances)

Season tickets - hopefully sorted now but why was this such a shambles?

TAG

Why has this not been moved forward and promoted more? what started as a great idea has now left a lot of fans disenfranchised with it.

When/Will this be brought back on track and run properly?

Centenary draw - Why is this not taking place monthly without fail, seems to be losing fans confidence in it and comprimising it's integrity?

Office staff leaving - Looks like we got caught short with this, did we receive notice and if recruiting is that difficult could medium term temp/agency staff not have be recruited to keep things going over the summer?

DVD - why did this not happen at the end of the season and what are the plans? - pre Christmas release?

Merchandise - Location of the shop is not great, have the club plans to re-open a shop at Firhill?

Catering

Hospitality - Do the club benfit directly from this for every person turning up?

What is being done about the reported poor hygeine standards (this was a while back)?

Kiosks - This is absolutely terrible

The quality of the food is extremely poor

Items are regularly not available (how could kiosks have no water just 30 minutes into the first home game of the season?)

Hygeine practices are concerning, gloves are being used but staff handle cash and then food, then cash again with the same gloves that also have fingers sticking through!

Did the club make significant income from selling the franchise, and could it be better served with being run directly?

Can the club remove the current company and bring in someone better? (suggestion for Greggs or even the new wee cafe near the Star)

Get Archie signed up for longer please

Get ATS, Forbes, Welsh & Lawless signed up for longer please.

Beginning to regret starting this although it's typed up now.

As far as I'm aware contracts are on the table for Lawless & Welsh, maybe Taylor-Sinclair too. They just haven't signed them (yet?). Forbes was offered, and signed, a one-year deal. He's had about 76 mins from three games, and although it's early days in the season, maybe Archie doesn't fancy him so much. Contract lengths are up to the manager; not the fans. Asking questions about TAG and season tickets are fair game, of course.

Chill oot man.

I am pretty sure the Bing was demolished so they could build some flats behind a new stand. It didn't happen because the council rejected it. I would also like to see a stand at some point.

Lawless will probably be away. I reckon The Rangers or The The Rangers if they can form quick enough after their bankruptcy.

• Like 1

Just to be clear these are not concerns that I have personally expressed or that have directly affected me, the main complaint I had was over the quality and quantity of food at the kiosks (I just don't use them anymore now). This thread was simply to try and bring things into a single point in case anyone did want to know what fans thought or to add new genuine feedback. Apologies if that wasnt clear enough.

Yep I canny hear a bloody thing here in Oman!

I think it was good to list all those issues. Its normally when things are going good that people get complacent and then you are on the slippery slope again. There,s nothing wrong with just keeping the issues to the forefront and keeping the board on there toes.

I argued for the "kids go free" thing two or three years ago when it wasn,t a hit at all.

I am still arguing for Summer football although I haven,t mentioned it of late. A forum is for this purpose I think and I am sure the BOD do keep an ocassional eye here, as our views represent a good proportion of our support. Its the typical bell curve. You will get views on both sides of the ridiculous (totally against and fauningly with) with a fair amount in the middle.

Keep supporting and protesting!

MonA Jags

Edited by topcat

Yep I canny hear a bloody thing here in Oman!

I think it was good to list all those issues. Its normally when things are going good that people get complacent and then you are on the slippery slope again. There,s nothing wrong with just keeping the issues to the forefront and keeping the board on there toes.

I argued for the "kids go free" thing two or three years ago when it wasn,t a hit at all.

I am still arguing for Summer football although I haven,t mentioned it of late. A forum is for this purpose I think and I am sure the BOD do keep an ocassional eye here, as our views represent a good proportion of our support. Its the typical bell curve. You will get views on both sides of the ridiculous (totally against and fauningly with) with a fair amount in the middle.

Keep supporting and protesting!

MonA Jags

Its been constructive criticism, not that we demand floating pitches and table service in the stands etc, its basics we have dropped the ball in, get the basics right and the rest will fall into place.