Thistle - Killie

The Cup

Grady apart, don't see anyone in that team who would get into the current side. Even the King was at the end of his career.

I thought Rowson was our best player that season and would've placed him ahead of any current defensive midfielder (Osbourne, Fraser, Kerr or Weish). But that's an only just. Folk would be rewriting history if they say Grant Murray had a poor season but I rate Muirhead and Conrad highly enough to agree he wouldn't get a start today.

This is an important game. Going by our budget compared with the rest of the league, we are quite rightly expected to finish no higher than 11th. However it is definitely realistic based on the current squads of some of our league rivals that we could finish a couple of places higher than this. Kilmarnock are one of these clubs, and as such we should be looking to take maximum points from a home fixture with them. If we are beaten, and Kilmarnock 'deserve their win' so to speak, I would be a good bit more concerned about how our season is likely to pan out. Necessary changes are Doolan in for Baird, and obviously Balatoni back in too. Would like to see Forbes or Fraser introduced too, but our choice of midfield shouldn't be as essential as it was against Aberdeen, where Archibald made the mistake of not starting Osbourne. I'm optimistic we'll seal a narrow 2-1 win.

Think folk are being too harsh with Gabriel.

Remember Balatoni a couple of years ago vs Culter (one example).

He was thrown in at deep end last Sat against a 6'6" lump of wood & performed badly.

Wouldn't think he'll perform as badly next time you see him whether that vs tomorrow or later in the season.

Keep the faith with him. Big culture shock last week.

• Like 1

This is a game we've really got to think about taking all three points from and without tempting fate I think we will. Not that I've got any empiracal evidence to base that opinion on:; as is usual in many footballing matters we fans tend to go on gut feelings and my gut feeling tell's me we'll do it. Either that or I've got a severe case of indegestion.

A cracking photo from Thistle's twitter-

https://twitter.com/...9849219/photo/1

Great photo but it's pity that the flats being demolished as they gave Firhill Road a real City feeling. So many were knocked down in 70s and 80s when they should have been cleaned up and renovated. Many, like my grandparent's flat, were huge inside. What a waste!

• Members

Great photo but it's pity that the flats being demolished as they gave Firhill Road a real City feeling. So many were knocked down in 70s and 80s when they should have been cleaned up and renovated. Many, like my grandparent's flat, were huge inside. What a waste!

I don't know just asking the question, but I wonder, did these flats still have communal toilets? Perhaps that's why they were demolished whilst so many round about remained?

I don't know just asking the question, but I wonder, did these flats still have communal toilets? Perhaps that's why they were demolished whilst so many round about remained?

Plenty of flats had communal toilets but if they were big enough inside (as many were) they could have bathrooms and toilets built into the flats and did.

most likely some of them did but so did many others that were redeveloped throughout the 80's and 90's. it was more to do with utopian planning.

back to the match, just watched highlights of K*ll*e v ITC and whilst there defending looks shambolic at times they do look capable of bothering Fox. Gardyne, a player I wish we had signed, looks capable of creating chances.

most likely some of them did but so did many others that were redeveloped throughout the 80's and 90's. it was more to do with utopian planning.

back to the match, just watched highlights of K*ll*e v ITC and whilst there defending looks shambolic at times they do look capable of bothering Fox. Gardyne, a player I wish we had signed, looks capable of creating chances.

We have to do what we failed to do against Aberdeen and that is win the battle in the middle of the park. If we do that we can outplay them and limit their chances.

Looks like this is the team:

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Sean Welsh, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan, Steven Lawless, Isaac Osbourne, Kallum Higginbotham.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, James Craigen, Ross Forbes, Christie Elliott, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Gary Fraser.

Only sense I can make out of that is Higginbotham may play behind Doolan with Bannigan wide left.

We have to do what we failed to do against Aberdeen and that is win the battle in the middle of the park. If we do that we can outplay them and limit their chances.

Looks like this is the team:

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Sean Welsh, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan, Steven Lawless, Isaac Osbourne, Kallum Higginbotham.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, James Craigen, Ross Forbes, Christie Elliott, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Gary Fraser.

Only sense I can make out of that is Higginbotham may play behind Doolan with Bannigan wide left.

4-3-3 - Bannigan is the central playmaker with Lawless and Higginbotham on the wings. Osbourne for Craigen should put some more strength in centre midfield.

As Dick Dastardly noted, there are no defenders on the bench. McMillan has a thigh injury and Piccolo has been dropped from the squad. We need more defensive cover urgently.

Edited by kni