Aberdeen - So Far Up The Map It Is The Height Of Stupidity!

CCjag

You couldn't make this up.

A match in Aberdeen on a Monday night in November is being made all-ticket!

I know its a fair trek, but I didn't realise they were on a different planet from the rest of us!

Anything else they'd like to do to dissuade people from travelling - resurrecting the Aberdeen Typhoid epidemic perhaps?

You wouldn´t be moaning that much in 12 months time if it was a Thursday night European match in Karagandy or Krasnodar thousands of miles from Glasgow.

Well, obviously - but most people wouldn't be able to attend those matches either.

It's not a European night anyway, it's a league fixture: so why out of the dates available schedule the match at an impossible time for away fans?

Is it maybe because they don't care about fans and are only interested in TV money?

Edited by Juan Carlos I

As many have said the lack of comcern for the people who actually support the game by going to watch it would be truly appaling, if it were in any way surprising. Football supporters have been recieveing the wrong end of the stick for years now by Sky, it would seem that the clubs or whoever made this decision to make this game all ticket are determined to alienate even the most committed of fans.

Is it maybe because they don't care about fans and are only interested in TV money?

Exactly. It´s tv money which seems more important to them than fans´money.

Often I see fans here talking about possible outcomes for the empty end. Let´s just imagine that someone from a foreign country comes with an offer of £1M per season for just placing a big banner saying "wherever fly company". Should the club accept that offer instead of exploiting a, let´s say, 2,000-seat stand which would probably generate less than that annual million? In terms of modern football guidelines, yes, they shouldn´t bother spending time and money on thinking about a new stand when the easier financial options of football these days do appear.

It´s the same with tv. Thinking about favouring fans, paying money for personnel, catering, etc is a waste of time for clubs when you can easily get that money through the tv company.

Is it "all-ticket" in that they expect it to be a sell-out (which would be funny), or all-ticket in that you simply need to purchase a ticket in order to get through the turnstyle, like at Firhill?

The latter, I'm sure I read in the paper earlies this season that their sell out against Celtic was their first full house in absolutely ages.

In England on a Monday night if say Everton or Newcastle are playing Southampton or Norwich the away end is still always full. It must be the supporters bus culture down there but it's still come effort. I'm pretty much writing off any away TV games further than Edinburgh.