Agm

javeajag

Thought we were in for a cracker of a financial season, big crowds, cup finals etc

Now who says we don't need the TAG, CF and DVD revenue??? :innocent2:

I guess it will depend on how much of the debt has been paid whether it's been a cracker or not. Breaking even is the minimum I expect from the club, if turnover is also up significantly then good. We won't make any profit IMO while we owe the bank and other creditors.

I guess it will depend on how much of the debt has been paid whether it's been a cracker or not. Breaking even is the minimum I expect from the club, if turnover is also up significantly then good. We won't make any profit IMO while we owe the bank and other creditors.

good point if we have broken even by paying more of the debt than previous years then good but if not then not so good

I'd be interested to know what the reference period is for these accounts; I suspect they cover the period last year just before things took off good style. Income-wise things seem to have taken a big upturn roughly from the time of the Morton game midweek when we had a packed house, then the Rammy final etc etc, promotion blah blah blah.

We were even talking about not finishing off the bank debt purely because of the early repayment penalties; that would've indicated that we were effectively fully solvent BEFORE we moved upstairs to be greeted by the honeypot that is the Premiership and all that goes with it.

Whether or not these points are of any significance, we do appear to have a viable and thriving PTFC, both on and off the park. Maybe my atheism is a wee bit misplaced.

• Like 1

I'd just like to know if a certain propco arrangement is having an effect on where monies from crowds that are housed in the main stand end up. I.e. Are the thistle minded investors getting a slice of their combined 50% ownership on a weekly basis now?

If they are indeed getting a slice, then they are bleeding the club.

good point if we have broken even by paying more of the debt than previous years then good but if not then not so good

Debt will be a balance sheet item so if we have repaid any debt it will not have any effect on the break even position apart from amount of interest paid. i assume the OP was talking about breaking even on the profit and loss account.

Can someone confirm as well please the period these accounts cover.

Debt will be a balance sheet item so if we have repaid any debt it will not have any effect on the break even position apart from amount of interest paid. i assume the OP was talking about breaking even on the profit and loss account.

Can someone confirm as well please the period these accounts cover.

Going by previous years the accounts cover from the 1st of June to 31st of May so these will be from 01/06/12 - 31/05/13.

Going by previous years the accounts cover from the 1st of June to 31st of May so these will be from 01/06/12 - 31/05/13.

That period then obviously includes some exceptionally high home attendances plus the receipts from the Challenge Cup final. Iirc any compo from Dundee Utd/McNamara would not have been received by then but leaving that aside the extra gate takings should leave the Club that was budgeting to break even with healthy enough accounts.

That period then obviously includes some exceptionally high home attendances plus the receipts from the Challenge Cup final. Iirc any compo from Dundee Utd/McNamara would not have been received by then but leaving that aside the extra gate takings should leave the Club that was budgeting to break even with healthy enough accounts.

At the Pars 3-3 game, I was at hospitality and Maxi mentioned in an aside that the club had benefited from higher income but that the good results had also benefited the players through bonuses.

At the Pars 3-3 game, I was at hospitality and Maxi mentioned in an aside that the club had benefited from higher income but that the good results had also benefited the players through bonuses.

Good point. You'd have to offset win bonuses and of course winning the league bonuses against increased gate receipts.

If we look at our position and compare it to last years 3rd Division Champions accounts then we are obviously a well run club financially. No outrageous bonuses etc paid to players for winning the league or reaching Ramsdens Cup Final. If we have made a small profit then I am happy. Next years accounts should show the benefits of what happened last season - increased tv money etc etc.

The MacNamara compensation could well have been included in the accounts just published. It was obvious that we were due compensation so the club would be entitled to put something through as "accrued income", the club wouid have to have agreed how much with the auditors based upon any documentation available and being prudent. If anything, then a lower figure than what was actually received would have been included in the accounts with any excess forming part of this coming seasons accounts.

Being sad I dug out the accounts for the last few seasons and if we look at some of the figures from 2009 and 2012 it makes interesting reading (I think).

Creditors (falling due within 1 year): £951,386

Creditors (falling due after more than 1 year): £856,529

Cash in Hand: £1,000

Creditors (falling due within 1 year): £851,020

Creditors (falling due after more than 1 year): £214,798

Cash in Hand: £18,163

Hopefully the accounts for 2013 will show that this positive trend is continuing.

Being sad I dug out the accounts for the last few seasons and if we look at some of the figures from 2009 and 2012 it makes interesting reading (I think).

Creditors (falling due within 1 year): £951,386

Creditors (falling due after more than 1 year): £856,529

Cash in Hand: £1,000

Creditors (falling due within 1 year): £851,020

Creditors (falling due after more than 1 year): £214,798

Cash in Hand: £18,163

Hopefully the accounts for 2013 will show that this positive trend is continuing.

Wasn't about £800K raised via the Propco set-up? If that were the case, the debt hasn't fallen much at all outwith that transaction (would work out at £58K reduction over that 3-year period) assuming we were not owed significant sums by anyone in either of those years. If the Propco input was less, then obviously the reduced debt would be correspondingly more impressive.

Had the chance to download the accounts from Companies House and there were a couple of things that I found odd. Now that could just be me as I don't claim to be an expert on accounts/finances but it would be interesting to hear what others who do know about these things think. If anyone wants to see the accounts just PM me with your e-mail address and I will send them to you.

What I found odd was that although the cash at bank rose to £36K from £18K in 2012 our debtors rose to £255K from £37K. Also, creditors failing due within 1 year rose from £851K to £1.1M. I assumed that we would have reduced this but it could be something perfectly explainable.