Players Slipping & Falling

jaggy

wtf is going on? Doolan slipped & fell in the 6 yard box just before Forbes's cross came in last night. ATS (iirc) & Welsh slipped within seconds of each other in the 2nd half and Balatoni's been slipping & falling all season. I know it was a bit wet last night, but are these slips being caused by bad choice of boots?

• Like 1

Conrad Balatoni's slips have been particularly noticeable for some while, and I've wondered whether this has something to do with the kind of studs (after watching the film "Das Wunder von Bern", of course! :) ), although in part that may be due to his position, but last night some of the Hibs players were doing the same. The late onset of rain last night can't have helped, but does Firhill (or, indeed, any playing surface) really need an extra spray of water just before each match? Surely that's only going to assist the team using more of the aerial route.

but does Firhill (or, indeed, any playing surface) really need an extra spray of water just before each match? Surely that's only going to assist the team using more of the aerial route.

I'd have thought the slicker the pitch the more it would suit a team with an abundance of pace and fast passing? Perhaps the downside would be players slipping more often. I think the question being asked is why we're more prone to slipping than our opponents? If indeed that is the case.

I thought a lot of the players got caught out last night with the sheer volume of rain within a short period of time. I'd imagine many would have picked their boots/studs based on the warm up but as more rain fell the pitch got softer.

After the first 5-10 mins i was thinking that then Gary Mac said the same. He did spend the game calling Balatoni Balatoley so maybe i shouldn't be too happy about being on the same wavelength as him :lol: