1St Goal

Jagsman

Our first goal was magnificent and in so many ways. A thing of joined-up natural beauty and a huge shot in the arm for Dools who showed that he hasn't let recent events get to him. Archie, I'm sure, is due some credit for instilling belief into him too.

If a goal like that is scored in one of the forthcoming midweek CL games, the commentators will be raving about it.

Deep, deep joy.

Do we need yet another new thread on today's game?

For some on here, starting a new thread is the equivalent of having an Uncle Frank.

Sorry, I read it as a thread specifically about the opening goal today.

I thought it was one of the finest worked goals I've seen us score for many a year, maybe up there with O'Donnell's last season. That's even before saying anything the quality of the finish. Kris Doolan has come under quite a bit of stick on here. Into the bargain he's had a two week wait to attempt to correct that miss against Hibs. In my opinion at least he's more than answered those that doubt his ability at this level. That was a phenomenal finish today.

I realise that you don't go to Jags matches and thus I can understand you place more emphasis on stats and the like. I could go on down the "stats route" pointing out that Doolan's goals alone have gained us four points in three matches but I'd be off on another ramble.

Point is the subject matter more than deserves a thread of its own and I'm rather surprised you would disagree.

• Like 1