Thistle V Celtic - The Actual Game

The Sunnylaw Jag

Anybody think it's time to give the Whitley Bay Wizzard a start, then bring somebody on as a sub if he struggles? The reason I ask is that he definitely seems to have re-energized the team in the last few times he's come on. Could we use his high energy levels to get us an early lead?

To do that would mean dropping welsh or Bannigan as they are the only players who have not performed as well as the rest.

Bannigan is the straight swap and would offer a similar role. dropping Welsh would see Bannigan drop back and allow Elliott to fill the hole left by Bannigan.

The only other options to drop are Craigan or Higgy and neither of them are doing anything close to to merit being dropped. Especially on a gamble.

It's unfair on the big man as he has shown a real desire, fight and hunger when he's come on. doing exactly what the boss asks of him... but it's a real pat on the bum for the lad that he is deservedly ahead of Lawless and Forbes in the pecking order.

Edited by potty trained

While I don't like the idea of players airing their views on social media or whatever it's called I'd be concerned if either Lawless or Forbes weren't miffed about not being selected. Last thing we need is guys happy to be benched. OK they really should be understanding of why they aren't being played but there's a fine line between being self confident and being big headed. I wouldn't say that by questioning why they're not in a starting eleven they've strayed over to the latter.

I agree. Are we going to end up like many from both sets of a**e cheek fans whose main purpose is not to support their own team but to hate the other side of the Glasgow derby?

We should just get on with supporting thistle.

Agree, totally if certain members of our support have some kind of sectarian axe to grind, then I can say with complete confidence that they don't represent this club and should not be using our name to engage in such unacceptable behaviour. I dare say you get as many bigots murderers etc. in the Thistle support as you get in any cross section of Glaswegian society. However, if you want to engage in some sort of sectarian cusade, take the subway to Ibrox please!

Talking of sectarianism/religious stuff did anyone remember an Glasgow Asian guy who used to run around in Rangers gear as a member of the Scottish Defence League? Was on youtube and a Channel 4 programme. A total zoomer. I saw hiim being talked to by a couple of policemen on Maryhill Road near The Royalty Bar wearing a Thistle scarf!

Talking of sectarianism/religious stuff did anyone remember an Glasgow Asian guy who used to run around in Rangers gear as a member of the Scottish Defence League? Was on youtube and a Channel 4 programme. A total zoomer. I saw hiim being talked to by a couple of policemen on Maryhill Road near The Royalty Bar wearing a Thistle scarf!

Yeah I seen that on the way home

I just watched the extended highlights on Youtube. A few observations:

- Conrad and Aaron seemed to get caught out by low through balls through the centre, in between them. I haven't noticed that happening so much in other games.

- Higgy should definitely have passed instead of trying to shoot after his great run in the first half. And his pass to Doolan who was brilliantly placed in the second half was awful (the one after Elliott had won the ball).

- What a shame Conrad skied his shot over the bar near the end; all that was needed was to keep it low.

Hard luck, Jags. We'll do them at their own midden next time.

ETA: Also meant to add: Aaron M should have got an early tackle in on the scorer for their second. The longer he left it the more the guy looked like he would score, and by the time Aaron did try a tackle he probably didn't help Fox much as he tried to block.

Edited by Jaggernaut