Thistle: Best And Worst

Jaggernaut

We are best at:

Side-ways passing. At times it's a thing of beauty: pin-point passes in a straight line across the pitch; sometimes 20 yards, sometimes 2 yards, sometimes repeatedly, frequently for no reason. Usually performed at a leisurely pace in our own half, while the opposition takes its time to get all eleven players into their defensive positions, but we can also do it faster just in front of the opposition's penalty area. This may be exciting, but unfortunately sometimes, actually quite frequently, leads to a mistake and the other team breaking upfield and scoring.

Oh, and some triangular passing. Also lovely. Totally useless, but lovely.

We are worst at:

Taking corners. Our final two yesterday illustrated just how shite we can be.

Defending corners. No need to give examples.

Oh, and we could also add taking and defending free-kicks just outside the penalty area. Must be the worst in the league.

• Like 1

Remarkably we're the best at getting shots on target this season with 70 shots on target compared with joint 2nd Dundee Utd and Celtic with 65 and almost double as many shots on target as Ross County who have 37.

Unsurprisingly we've converted the lowest percentage of shots on target this season with only 16% going in.

Remarkably we're the best at getting shots on target this season with 70 shots on target compared with joint 2nd Dundee Utd and Celtic with 65 and almost double as many shots on target as Ross County who have 37.

Unsurprisingly we've converted the lowest percentage of shots on target this season with only 16% going in.

We must also be right up there in corners won, and corners squandered.

Can't dispute facts tho' on reading that I'm very surprised. It's maybe just as well they don't measure quality as in the average strength of shots on target or for that matter first time shots on target.

Can't dispute facts tho' on reading that I'm very surprised. It's maybe just as well they don't measure quality as in the average strength of shots on target or for that matter first time shots on target.

Counted one of our games twice so it's 66 rather than 70, still top. 10 of them came against Ross County in the 1 game right enough.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

We are best at:

Side-ways passing. At times it's a thing of beauty: pin-point passes in a straight line across the pitch; sometimes 20 yards, sometimes 2 yards, sometimes repeatedly, frequently for no reason. Usually performed at a leisurely pace in our own half, while the opposition takes its time to get all eleven players into their defensive positions, but we can also do it faster just in front of the opposition's penalty area. This may be exciting, but unfortunately sometimes, actually quite frequently, leads to a mistake and the other team breaking upfield and scoring.

Oh, and some triangular passing. Also lovely. Totally useless, but lovely.

We are worst at:

Taking corners. Our final two yesterday illustrated just how shite we can be.

Defending corners. No need to give examples.

Oh, and we could also add taking and defending free-kicks just outside the penalty area. Must be the worst in the league.

Agreed. If there's one thing that I've learned from our success over the last year or so it's that our passing style of football doesn't work and that we need to hoof the ball up the pitch instead of all this namby-pamby "let's keep possesion" rubbish.

Bring back Paddy Keogh.

• Like 1

• Members

We are really good at getting into dangerous crossing positions down the flanks and having one attacker surrounded by multiple defenders in the box.

Don't know how many times I noticed in the 1st half in particular on Saturday, Doolan peeling off to the back post and unmarked and the cross/pass getting blocked at the front post. We need to try changing the angle of the delivery when we get in behind. We probably need at least one more pass to take advantage of Doolans runs.

Whilst your general point is valid, I cannot allow Don McVicar and David Byrne's abilities to launch a long one to be lost in it.

Can't forget Geordie Shaw's late and slightly dodgy winner at rugby park, virtually ensured survival and put Killie in trouble. Killie fans were going mental. Thistle got a throw in near their goal and Don McVicar put his head in their crowd to run up for a throw in. These moments live with you forever.

I think I won money on the National that day too.

Can't forget Geordie Shaw's late and slightly dodgy winner at rugby park, virtually ensured survival and put Killie in trouble. Killie fans were going mental. Thistle got a throw in near their goal and Don McVicar put his head in their crowd to run up for a throw in. These moments live with you forever.

I think I won money on the National that day too.

Looked it up. 4th April 1992. It actually pushed us towards promotion. The rest is accurate. Party Politics (the horse).

Edited by allyo