A T S

mulguy jag

Yawn! Discussed on previous threads in recent weeks, e.g. this one.

How would the Dons forum members know anything? Reading the same rumours in the papers and on websites?

We will be entitled to compensation for him provided that he is offered a new contract. Bradford City were told to pay Falkirk over £200k for Mark Stewart. It's unlikely that the Dons could afford a similar sum.

Edited by kni

Yawn! Discussed on previous threads in recent weeks. How would the Dons forum members know anything? Reading the same rumours in the papers and on websites?

We will be entitled to compensation for him provided that he is offered a new contract. Bradford City were told to pay Falkirk over £200k for Mark Stewart. It's unlikely that the Dons could afford a similar sum.

We will get nothing for him if he leaves in the summer.

Yawn! Discussed on previous threads in recent weeks, e.g. this one.

How would the Dons forum members know anything? Reading the same rumours in the papers and on websites?

You sound a wee bit depressed sir. Lets hope archie can turn things around. :D

I think Archie said it in an interview in the evening times but I am not sure.

Edit - This is the article.

"Aaron is a good lad, he has been brilliant here. But I think he wants to go and test himself at a higher level and a bigger club and nobody will stand in his way.

"I don't think we are (due compensation). He is an April birthday, he is 23 in April. If he had been born a couple of months later we would have been due something so it is a sore one."

The FIFA rules state that

"Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a player signs his first contract as a professional, and (2) each time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday."

Very unfortunate! :(

Edited by kni

You sound a wee bit depressed sir. Lets hope archie can turn things around. :D

Not depressed at all. Our league position is much as I expected with our young and limited squad. Recent results have been disappointing but it's no surprise that we are struggling a bit in the second round of games, especially with the suspensions. After all, frustration and madness is the price you pay for being a Thistle fan.

I just don't take transfer rumours, in the media or on forums, seriously. You only have to read the ridiculous stories about the top clubs being willing to pay ludicrous sums for duddies in foreign leagues. They are often planted by agents trying to drum up interest or get their clients a pay rise. Of course, I'm sure that ATS's agent would not stoop to use such tactics in negotiating a new deal!

Edited by kni

The guy has been a tremendous servant to the club but the minute a player openly states he won't be re-signing and wants away should be the minute he stops being part of the first team. I wish him all the best but how can we as supporters believe he'll give his all until he leaves after he's said he wants to test himself at a higher level. He was excellent last year but in my opinion has failed to get anywhere near those heights thus far and if he thinks he can do better than thistle then I feel he may be in for a rude awakening.

As long as he hasn't got another club, he will need to play well/ work hard or no one will sign him. Have to admit if he signs a pre contract I'd prefer to maybe see less of him. But I actually think Sinclair has done pretty well - better than O'Donnell this year. So if he's our best option then we need to play him. At least until we're safe (until the last game no doubt).

• Like 1

If ATS does not sign a new deal soon, should we try to sell him in January?

No. Besides how do you go about trying to sell a player? As always if an offer came in and it was above our valuation then we may let ATS talk to the club in question. Got to mind a suitable left sided replacement won't be easy to come by. Bannigan is as yet untested against SPFL class and would surely only be viewed as a stop gap measure.

The Marc Twaddle of a few years back would be a good replacement as he could play centreback as well. Someone like that but I doubt there's many about in our price range..

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Why would anyone pay money for someone they could sign on a pre-contract? He's not the type of player which will suddenly, single-handedly save a team from relegation.

Better than, or competition for, the buyer's current left-back? Or as a replacement for an injured player? Players are cheaper when they are in the last few months of their deals but, as Proudjag rightly points out, ATS is probably worth more to us than the likely fee.

If a few clubs are genuinely interested, we might get an offer that is hard to refuse but there would have to be an able replacement available. Ziggy Gordon is one name that immediately springs to mind but Accies could demand a hefty fee even though he is (IIRC )out of contract in May.