A T S

mulguy jag

Celtic won't need him NOW, so a pre conrarct agreement and we get NOTHING!

Correct me if I'm wrong but did someone not say it is the date of signing that is relevant? So if he signs a pre contract prior to the end of the season we would be due compensation, but if there was an 'informal understanding' with Celtic such that he signs after the end of the season we would be due nothing?

Yeh I'm fairly sure Caley signed someone in July to avoid paying any compo last year.

While I do like Sinclair, he will definitely not be here next year and I don't think he will make the difference between us staying up or not. So if Celtic said 50k and we get him now, I'd take the money. Get someone in January and start building for next year. As soon as we're safe we need to be planning for next year. That includes doing proper scouting, and playing the likes of Liam Lindsay, Duggan, Wilson, Keenen. Getting a feel for the youth. Proper game time aswell, not just sub appearances. Anyway, I digress.

see coz he's sed hes goin at the end of the season? why don't we just let him stagnate on the bench? play someone who wants to, and is goin to be here. we shouldnt be aidin his development now he wants away. bring in a young boy. cant be mare bombscare than that back line recently. he's the enemy now hes not thistle. u have to be brutal like that

Edited by The Mighty Quinn
  • Like 1

Yeh I'm fairly sure Caley signed someone in July to avoid paying any compo last year.

While I do like Sinclair, he will definitely not be here next year and I don't think he will make the difference between us staying up or not. So if Celtic said 50k and we get him now, I'd take the money. Get someone in January and start building for next year. As soon as we're safe we need to be planning for next year. That includes doing proper scouting, and playing the likes of Liam Lindsay, Duggan, Wilson, Keenen. Getting a feel for the youth. Proper game time aswell, not just sub appearances. Anyway, I digress.

General agreement from me, except that I wouldn't be surprised if we're not safe right up until near the end of the season (and then……………)

Ok I'll start it. Rumour from the mouth of a Celtic fan to a Jag (not me) that we where getting Balde on loan. That's a belter eh? Does tic a lot of boxes tho and could be something in it being linked to ATS deal.

Go.

I'd take Balde. Bit of a rough cast but could be what we need to have some presence upfront. Big guy, good age, minus any possible attitude problems (which I assume wouldn't exist as his time here would prove he can score at this level) - could benefit everyone. He's certainly involved at Celtic, so not like we're getting an outcast.

If it was part of the deal with Sinclair, I'd go for it.

MacMillan has played left-back quite a bit through his career. Not a long-term answer perhaps but a stopgap option I suppose.

Interesting that ATS put a couple of crosses into the box with his right peg last Saturday. At least we tried something new.

I'd take balde in a heartbeat but defo can't see us getting a guy they paid 7 figures for sadly.

It's possible as Mo Bangura is returning to Celtic from Elfsborg in January and he cost over £2 million. 7 goals in 34 games is not great and he was not popular with the fans in Sweden. Lennon may be under pressure to offload part of the wage bill but I can't see us being able to offer much.

Can Lierse send Tony Watt back to Parkhead? Media reports say that he's fallen out with the manager and has been sent home from training a couple of times recently. Several fans here wanted him to sign for us on loan a few months ago but may not be so sure now.

Edited by kni

By ATS standards he was pretty poor today

Agree with that.

To me it seemed that his head was elsewhere. Some players can still give you a shift even when they know they're leaving. But others often lose motivation and I think that might be what's happening with Sinclair. I initially said I would rather lose him for nothing and keep him for the whole season, but after his last couple of performances it may be best to let him go in January if we can get a decent replacement.

Agree with that.

To me it seemed that his head was elsewhere. Some players can still give you a shift even when they know they're leaving. But others often lose motivation and I think that might be what's happening with Sinclair. I initially said I would rather lose him for nothing and keep him for the whole season, but after his last couple of performances it may be best to let him go in January if we can get a decent replacement.

To be fair he has known he would be leaving next summer from not long after the season started and when the team were playing decent he was doing really well. Now the team are doing baws and he is doing awright. So using those measurables he is still one of our best players.

For his own sake he needs to go to Aberdeen or the English Championship. He needs to go somewhere as a starter or a likely starter, he puts himself in a bad position to 'make it' by playing the odd lesser game for Celtic but spending 90% of the time on the bench or in the stand. Celtic (and Rangers) are almost always a barrier to a Scottish player developing his full potential.

let's stop talkin about billy big time. Like i sed, if he thinks he's too big for the club, let him stagnate in the reserves til he gets his 'dream move' to barnsley reserves. Will give us a laff when he comes up the road with his tail between his legs, two stone heavier, a shadow of his former self and signs for a diddy team like falkirk or Provanmill Thistle