Documentary On Fan Ownership

ian_mac

Fan ownership does have it's place but in terms of Thistle I am happy with the current setup. The board may be successful businessmen and have decent standard of living but I would not say they are wealthy enough to bankroll us or be out of thinking with the ordinary punter in the street. They will keep the business hat on more than the average fan which will frustrate others but it keeps the club safe.

Fan ownership does have it's place but in terms of Thistle I am happy with the current setup. The board may be successful businessmen and have decent standard of living but I would not say they are wealthy enough to bankroll us or be out of thinking with the ordinary punter in the street. They will keep the business hat on more than the average fan which will frustrate others but it keeps the club safe.

Can understand why you feel that way but these guys won't be around forever. What happens if the next generation of "custodians" aren't quite as prudent?

Aye but would you want half the knob ends on this forum being in charge instead?

If that's some cryptic reference to my support for a gnome sanctuary on the Bing then I resemble that remark. :(

Ian's point is most valid. A lot of the clubs going down the "fan ownership" route are doing so either as a last resort or during a low time. I can guarantee each of those clubs are now wishing they'd made such inroads during rosier days.

Aye but would you want half the knob ends on this forum being in charge instead?

They wouldn't be in charge though, would they.

One fan, one share, one vote.

The guys who were formerly on the board, the ones who talked of "budgeting for a loss" and warned us of Armageddon part2, are still major share holders at the club. They may not be on the board as it's bad for PR but they still pull a hell of a lot of strings.

That's why I believe in fan ownership. It should have happened during STJ but certain individuals obviously saw an opportunity to procure some free shares and gain control of the club while making it look like the fans were in the driving seat.

When these guys were blatantly running the club in to the ground we should have been able to simply vote them off. But we were powerless, and the next time we're in trouble it will be no different.