World Cup Draw

afghan

maybe one for the betting forum , what are the odds on an Argentina versus Brasil final. The draw is they don't encounter each other until the first possibility being the semi-final stage.The Brasilians would be happy with a modern and ancient final Brasil v Portugal.

Edited by banderas

I fancy Argentina, they've got some front line with diMaria, tevez,aguero,lavezzi,higuan and some guy called Messi? don't know much about their defence, they are usually pretty solid though, anyone with Messi and Aguero in their team will have a good chance as they can create a goal from nothing.

We are keeping it low key. Remember the last time we were on the South American continent???

some old Peruvian pensioner named Cubillas ripped our knitting along with some Iranian comedy gold, that's apart from the cheating Argentinians, who managed a 6-0 victory after palms were crossed with silver to beat the Brasilians and to avoid the Dutch or Italians until the final.The Italians (Roberto Bettaga) had already turned the Argentine's over and had to face a Dutch side missing one player from 74 (J. C) and just to feel good remember who beat them , but Dino Zoff forgot about Ali Hann's abilities from 30 -35 yards after Rossi before his taste for wine and shoes got him a seat in the stands, put the Azzurri one up.

http://sabotagetimes...the-ugly-truth/

Edited by banderas

Spain and Germany are just two teams who have stronger squads than Brazil, and there are also a good handful more teams who are more than capable of knocking them out. Not just the usual European suspects like Holland and Italy, but also teams like Colombia and Ecuador who really ought to come into their own in a South American finals. I think Brazil should be stick-ons for semi-finals at least, but I really hope they don't win. They are very self-indulgent and annoying about their football.

Spain and Germany are just two teams who have stronger squads than Brazil, and there are also a good handful more teams who are more than capable of knocking them out. Not just the usual European suspects like Holland and Italy, but also teams like Colombia and Ecuador who really ought to come into their own in a South American finals. I think Brazil should be stick-ons for semi-finals at least, but I really hope they don't win. They are very self-indulgent and annoying about their football.

the way the draw looks this is the pool of teams Brasil may encounter to reach the semi final.

Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy.

on that road if form holds in the groups then 2nd rd means playing Spain,or Netherlands,

the winner of the above will face from the following for qtr finals : England, Italy.Colombia, Ivory Coast, Uruguay.

I don't know a great deal about the current Uruguay side, but having Suarez and Cavani up front must make them an awkward proposition for any opponents; and so, very relieving to see that the creaking limbs of eg Gerrard, Lampard, Cashley & co will tested to the limit in their 'group of death'.

Ingurlund to finish 3rd in their group, ahead of Costa Rica on goal difference only. Woy Hodgson to be replaced in August by some hitherto unknown Latino, replete with 8 assistant coaches, 3 full time translators and a wee Hispanic dug.

• Like 1

If the English get through to the last 16 they will play a team from Group C which is probably one of the "weaker" groups - if England win that game they will be in a quarter final against possibly Brazil or Spain - potentially home time?

The last 8 could be considered "punching above their weight" in any case.

I don't know a great deal about the current Uruguay side, but having Suarez and Cavani up front must make them an awkward proposition for any opponents; and so, very relieving to see that the creaking limbs of eg Gerrard, Lampard, Cashley & co will tested to the limit in their 'group of death'.

Ingurlund to finish 3rd in their group, ahead of Costa Rica on goal difference only. Woy Hodgson to be replaced in August by some hitherto unknown Latino, replete with 8 assistant coaches, 3 full time translators and a wee Hispanic dug.

It's good man, like really good, beyond the 2 superstars they all play at decent teams in Portugal, Spain and Italy.

England don't have a cat in hell's chance of going through. A good tournament for them would be 4 points but I can see them getting just 1 from Costa Rica.

They were talking during the Arsenal game yesterday about Gareth Barry being in the kind of form that could see him on the plane :lol:

One of the German player was literally like :lol: when someone asked him about that Townsend guy at Spurs being a secret weapon in Rio.

Gary Hooper is being touted as going to the World Cup :lol:

The only player England have that looks like he could go on to be a internationally renouned is Ross Barkley and this tournament comes too soon for him. Same for the Southampton guys, they'll have a totally new and potentially very good midfield for Euro 2016 but in Brazil they will get pasted.