Munro's, Great Western Road

Charlie Endell

This is the worst thread in history. We all should know that some people prefer the more traditional, raucous atmosphere of the S&G and the Woodie whilst others prefer the Lansdowne or Munro's. What's the problem?

Back in the day the Woodside was a good Thistle boozer - the S&G is a Celtic pub that caters for the gullible by sticking a few bits of Thistle-related memorabilia up on the wall. Edited by Charlie Endell

Back in the day the Woodside was a good Thistle boozer - the S&G is a Celtic pub that caters for the gullible by sticking a few bits of Thistle-related memorabilia up on the wall.

As much as I enjoy going to the Star, it is a Celtic boozer. The tims who drink in it regularly generally don't bother as Thistle memorabilia is harmless to them. There were a few raised eyebrows when 'Hello Hello How do you do' was sung last season though.

This pub, that pub, does it really matter? What's really wanted, is a place at Firhill, where you can get served, sit in a nice atmosphere with fellow Jags. Is the Aitken suite still open? It seems that everytime I've went there, I've gave up trying to get served or I've drowned my pint quickly as there's no where to put it or ultimately there's no a great selection of beers. C'mon Thistle, knock down the bing and build a great pub there.