Ozzy Update

Metzmagic

Begs the question! Do we release him from his contract now or try and re-sign him for next season?

Very bad news for all parties if true. Where did this story come from?

We can't release him (in the sense of stopping paying him) without his agreement, and quite right too. There's no chance of Thistle cutting him loose like that. Hopefully he will see how nice a Club we are and be happy to re-sign for next year's SPFL Premiership adventure whether he is fit before season's end or not.

Though if it were to be a Championship adventure he might be less inclined, nor would we be likely to be able to afford him in that playing environment.

Terrible news about Osbourne. I thought he was immense up in Inverness when we won. Immense in the Celtic game at Firhill too. Those two, I'd say were his best games, out the lot for us I think.

We, by that I mean the Club should be supporting him through this spell on the sidelines and hopefully in the summer, come what may we can open new discussions and see how things go with view to a new deal.

Edited by northernsoul

I'd like to think the latter. Releasing from contract might save some money, but it would be tough luck on the player, who is unlikely to find any club prepared to pay him wages if he cannot play. So I suppose I'm saying that his contract should be honoured but every effort made to get him to commit to Jags if and when he is fit again.

^^^this

sad to hear it looks like he won't be back in rednyella this season, but hope we can stand by him, ensure he gets best possible recovery and rehab back to full fitness and persuade him to sign a years extension with option of a further year for us. stand by him, hopefully he will stand by us.

Bugger. And to think we had an overabundance of central midfielders at the start of the season. Any news on how far Sean Welsh is from a return?

back in a couple of weeks for 2 games before out for another 2 months.

eta: agree with what NS posted too as i was typing

Edited by yoda-jag

Terrible news, for me he has been our player of the year so far.

No way we should release him.

Hope we can get him on a new contract and his get his brother as well.

Off the pitch Ossie is a real gent and also an important part of the great team spirit.

I also think he is a real inspiration to the younger members of the team - his sheer commitment is for all to see, never shirks a tackle or hides and gives his all - an ideal role model for many

Terrible news, for me he has been our player of the year so far.

No way we should release him.

Hope we can get him on a new contract and his get his brother as well.

Off the pitch Ossie is a real gent and also an important part of the great team spirit.

I also think he is a real inspiration to the younger members of the team - his sheer commitment is for all to see, never shirks a tackle or hides and gives his all - an ideal role model for many

Most here, probably all, would agree with you but Osbourne wants to return to the Midlands where his family stays. It would a surprise to see him sign a new deal with us unless his family is willing to relocate or he is unable to find a club closer to home.

How many points have we got when Osbourne has started, compared to when he has not?

I think 2-1 vs Caley is the only game we have won. Even the win against St Mirren, both our goals came after Osbourne being subbed in the second half. He wasn't in for the Hearts or County wins. I make it 12 of 18 points are gained without him, coming from 9 out of 20 matches.

No denying whenever I see him I say he's probably our best player. But I think we play differently without him and it potentially turns to more wins. As long as Fraser, Welsh etc are fit.

• Like 1