James Fecken Craigen

simoncordiner

Craigen's chance in the game was from a tight angle according to the photos on the OS. Also he has one assist this season but has been involved in the build up to a few of our goals. Higgy is our assist leader with 5 and 2 goals as well as the disallowed effort in Dingwall. I think ATS is next on the assist list.

3 assists according to theses stats:

http://espnfc.com/stats/assists/_/league/sco.1/scottish-premiership?cc=5739

He definitely set up Doolan at ICT and I think also Lawless at home to Motherwell. Higginbotham at Paisley too, maybe?

Not sure if these qualify as official assists as he was 2 links in the food chain from the eventual scorer but James was pivotal in the following goals:

1) Wonderful control and turn in Dingwall which took out County defence and paved the way for Lawless first goal

2) Slide rule pass into the penalty box against Celtic for Higgy to cross for Doolan to score

It's surely a bit difficult to defend Craigen by arguing he's more of an attacking type when he hasn't actually scored for us this season.

It was mentioned some time ago (not in this thread) that the players' ratio of goals to shots was low. Now that (it seems) the worst of the defensive frailties have been sorted out, I wonder if some attention will be paid to getting more goals.

I agree that goals is what's missing from his game as an attacking midfielder. However he's another who's suffered from being moved around different midfield positions.

He'll come good. I think just now he's being asked to do more work defensively from his position -as are a few others if you look at how far the supporting players were from Taylor on Saturday- than the attacking side of the game.

We need to strike a balance & that'll help Craigen reproduce his form of earlier in the season & hopefully see him add goals.