Centenary Fund

Fawlty Towers

Anyone know how successful the CF is, roughly how much does it generate for the club?

My last official involvement with the Centenary Fund was a while ago but here are those figs:

661 members (127 Gold, 162 Silver & 372 Bronze) which generate a total of £72,240 per year before costs (cash prizes, prizes we buy such as football balls and 2 cars).

Whether the current number of members is up or down on those figures I don't know.

My last official involvement with the Centenary Fund was a while ago but here are those figs:

661 members (127 Gold, 162 Silver & 372 Bronze) which generate a total of £72,240 per year before costs (cash prizes, prizes we buy such as football balls and 2 cars).

Whether the current number of members is up or down on those figures I don't know.

Cheers FT, how long ago was that? I didn't realize we bought 2 cars thought that was part of the sponsorship from Citroen or whoever

Those figs are from Feb 2010. I thought that we bought the cars but at a reduced price but that could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that is/was correct. I don't have the current figures, though I do know that the number of people taking part in the CF has dropped since 2010. Would be surprised if we were making more then 35/40k.

ft or jags365, do either of you know if other costs include either or both of .....

i) hospitality ..... does sporting solutions get any income from the club for that prize?

ii) staffing costs ..... is there any club director or other person being paid any remuneration for maintaining database, processing payments, running the draw etcetera?

ft or jags365, do either of you know if other costs include either or both of .....

i) hospitality ..... does sporting solutions get any income from the club for that prize?

ii) staffing costs ..... is there any club director or other person being paid any remuneration for maintaining database, processing payments, running the draw etcetera?

In terms of the hospitality, I believe the club receives an invoice for the hospitality used.

Staffing costs - the CF is now run by Iain Dodd. Need to wait until the next AGM to see if he (or any other directors) are paid or receive 'remuneration' for administering the fund, but I would highly doubt that they do.

Quite surprised at the costs to be honest. If we really are forking out for 2 cars every year, along with hospitality and cash prizes, will there really be that much left as a profit?

Would be interested to know how much the club actually makes from the CF after all these costs are met.

Based on the 2010 figures income is

Bronze = £1860

Silver = £1620

Gold = £2540

Monthly income = £6020

Expenses

Cash prizes = £800

Hospitality = £540 (£90 a head X 6 people)

Others = £100 (10 balls and a match shirt)

Monthly Payout = £1440

Monthly Profit = £4580

Yearly profit (Less 2 Cars + Running costs) = £54960

Even removing 2 cars at £12000 each thats £30K to the club............... what figure was Eddie P on for running it??

Edited by Norgethistle

I'm no car expert but I'd say quoting £12k each for the cars on offer is a bit steep. I doubt those cars have ever sold for that price in the showroom? Even if they have, the fact Citreon etc had sponsorship around the ground tells me some deal was cut & I'd hazard a guess that we paid nowhere near that for the cars.

I may be wrong David but I have a distinct memory of that figure being banded around as his salary at the time.

I believe that was only for a year - and I seem to think covered other aspects rather than just running the CF, but not 100% sure.

The Trust, as I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear, has received 0 shares so far from being part of the CF.

I'm no car expert but I'd say quoting £12k each for the cars on offer is a bit steep. I doubt those cars have ever sold for that price in the showroom? Even if they have, the fact Citreon etc had sponsorship around the ground tells me some deal was cut & I'd hazard a guess that we paid nowhere near that for the cars.

Think 12k was the combined cost of the cars.

None of the board members from that time remain on the board today.

Also, I believe it was a certain Mr Beattie who uttered the infamous line.

It was a shocking night. My dad and I immediately came up the road and cancelled our jags trust family and 1876 club memberships.

I'm sure Will asked for the vote to be delayed as the lack of solid info being given was appalling. That got thrown out.

The hard work the likes of Colin Quinn, Greig Forbes etc had put in to build the 1876 club up, gone thanks to a bunch of proxy votes.

I say it in all sincerity. That was the night the trust died as a vehicle for fan ownership. And all thanks to its own members.

It would be interesting to read over the full agreement of the offer. I'm sure it was sugar coated with a potential second board rep.