Rangers: Ally Mccoist Delays Squad Rebuilding Plans At Ibrox

stillresigned

I realise fine well that their expenditure isn't all related to player salary but the way things are panning out they're going about things in reverse. They've evidently cut their wage bill from last season and it clearly looks like they'll have to cut it further next season. They most likely won't be the first club in the footballing universe to reduce their player budget each time they get promoted but I sure can't think of any other.

I agree. Further, they're playing wage bill was a ridiculous £7M in a year when they lost £14M winning the 3rd Division. They could have played as amateurs and still lost £7M. Madness.

Edited by David Stevenson

And King plays the same old Ally/ Walter/Gordon Smith mince that the Rangurrs have to spend money they don't have or they won't win anything..... It is, after all, the Rangers way.....

Its now about stopping Celtic win 10 in a row, not winning something, not about having a winning sustainable team, but stopping Celtic doing something........ but the Orcs will buy into this

Unbelievable that the fans are still accepting this. For a club of their size they seem to have absolutely no fan power. The closest they got was a bunch of drunks following Bomber Brown up the Copeland Rd one afternoon shouting "Show us the deeds mucker!"

They are so concerned about "revenge" and cyber wars against journos and fans of other clubs that they are totally unaware of the continuing financial suicide that their club is attempting.

In terms of supporter mobilisation and resistance against the board, they've been pathetic. Instead of blaming those who are continually haemorrhaging money from the piggy bank, they are blaming pretty much anyone else who they consider to have an agenda against Rangers.

It's astounding how little they realise about what's going on at their own club.

Unbelievable that the fans are still accepting this. For a club of their size they seem to have absolutely no fan power. The closest they got was a bunch of drunks following Bomber Brown up the Copeland Rd one afternoon shouting "Show us the deeds mucker!"

They are so concerned about "revenge" and cyber wars against journos and fans of other clubs that they are totally unaware of the continuing financial suicide that their club is attempting.

In terms of supporter mobilisation and resistance against the board, they've been pathetic. Instead of blaming those who are continually haemorrhaging money from the piggy bank, they are blaming pretty much anyone else who they consider to have an agenda against Rangers.

It's astounding how little they realise about what's going on at their own club.

yeh, but its funnier than bill hicks to sit munching popcorn watching death spiral 2 unfold. FTOF and any tribute acts

• Like 1

I'm sure the word 'schadenfreude' must have its origin in Glasgow.

This Kafka-esque sketch is reminiscent of the alcoholic who undergoes a liver transplant and sees that as a licence to resume drinking two bottles of voddy a day. . . with the inevitable consequence.

All gloating aside, they don't deserve to exist.

is it rangers fans fault ? no its the knobs like murray, whyte etc that messed it up so how would jags fans feel if it happened to us ?

the fans support their team and I dont think its right to kick someone when they are down.

the only reason they went bust was because the craig whyte screwed them while the tax cases were hanging over them.

dont get me wrong I dont like rangers or celtic mostly because their fans are delusional scumbag gloryhunters

is it rangers fans fault ? no its the knobs like murray, whyte etc that messed it up so how would jags fans feel if it happened to us ?

the fans support their team and I dont think its right to kick someone when they are down.

the only reason they went bust was because the craig whyte screwed them while the tax cases were hanging over them.

dont get me wrong I dont like rangers or celtic mostly because their fans are delusional scumbag gloryhunters

They were happy to lord it over everyone else when they were winning using money that didn't belong to them. You started off mentioning Murray then made it out it was all Whyte's fault. They were already in a mess because of Murray (friendly bank's giving him money with no strings, then tax dodging when that wasn't enough) and Whyte was his way of passing the problems on to a patsy. The tax case hung over them for ages not because the HMRC were playing silly buggers but because Rangers delayed and avoided releasing the documents HMRC wanted to see. You can bet many of these never saw the light of day.

When all the tax dodging - mis-registration of players etc came out most of them preferred to deny it all and blame everyone but Rangers. Even to threatening people. They even blame the authorities who bent over backwards to try to keep them in the SPL or at least the 2nd level.

So I don't see why they should have any sympathy from us - after all they'll always have a football team, the powers that be will make sure of that - if it was us in that position we'd be out of business because no one would lend us a helping hand.

You let people of the hook when they admit they've been in the wrong, and while a great many of their fans are blaming everyone but the real culprits and still strutting their WATP attitude then they'll get no sympathy from decent football fans who were shocked both at the cheating their club was shown to have been involved with and the attitude of their fans when it was found out.

The above was in answer to your points. Me personally, I try these days to avoid bringing them up but I keep having to every so often because their fans and the media that support them continue to peddle myths about what happened. I've seen a few Thistle posters begin believing them which is why I stick my oar in from time to time to try to keep the record straight.

• Like 1

well murray racked up alota debt then whyte came in and buried them using ticketus money.

they won the tax cases.

again nothing to do with the fans anyway.

yes some where quick to dish it out in the glory days and slag others but sorry I won't kick someone when they are down and although a different situation I didnt enjoy when the jags nerly died.

well murray racked up alota debt then whyte came in and buried them using ticketus money.

they won the tax cases.

No they didn't. This is just what I was talking about - media peddled myths.

1) They were found liable for the wee tax case and several EBts had side letters so they were found liable for these too (side letters were the ones found when the police raided Ibrox on another matter, the staff at Ibrox were unable to find any others when requested by HMRC - remember these delays I mentioned?)

That meant they were found liable to pay tax of several millions in these cases and HMRC are in the process of appealing the others.

2) They also got bank loans which they couldn't pay back but thanks to cosy connections with certain bank directors this was glossed over by re-valuing Ibrox to imaginary levels. While other clubs were getting squeezed by the banks. Got away with that until the banking collapse but don't forget people who actually paid tax helped pay for that Rangers success - since we bailed out the banks.

yes some where quick to dish it out in the glory days and slag others but sorry I won't kick someone when they are down and although a different situation I didnt enjoy when the jags nerly died.

Did the Jags board steal tax payers money? Did Jags fans blame everyone but their own board for their problems? Did jags fans threaten revenge on all and sundry?

No comparison.

However I don't waste my time digging up Rangers fans, I do point out the untruths related to the club.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 2

Yes it is partly the Rangers fans fault, they were warned in the press when Murray was overspending but it was a conspiracy and they done nothing bar blaming the press for anti Rangers agenda, they were warned about Whyte but it was a conspiracy and they done nothing bar blaming the press for anti Rangers agenda, they were warned about Green but it was a conspiracy and they done nothing bar blaming the press for anti Rangers agenda, they are being warned about impending liquidation but yet again but it is a conspiracy and they done nothing bar blaming the press for anti Rangers agenda.

They are guilty by doing nothing

No they didn't. This is just what I was talking about - media peddled myths.

1) They were found liable for the wee tax case and several EBts had side letters so they were found liable for these too (side letters were the ones found when the police raided Ibrox on another matter, the staff at Ibrox were unable to find any others when requested by HMRC - remember these delays I mentioned?)

That meant they were found liable to pay tax of several millions in these cases and HMRC are in the process of appealing the others.

2) They also got bank loans which they couldn't pay back but thanks to cosy connections with certain bank directors this was glossed over by re-valuing Ibrox to imaginary levels. While other clubs were getting squeezed by the banks. Got away with that until the

banking collapse but don't forget people who actually paid tax helped pay for that Rangers success - since we bailed out the banks.Did the Jags board steal tax payers money? Did Jags fans blame everyone but their own board for their problems? Did jags fans threaten revenge on all and sundry?

No comparison.

its only my opinion and I said different situation but jags almost died and I wouldnt like people rubbing that in my face.

However I don't waste my time digging up Rangers fans, I do point out the untruths related to the club.

jags almost died through mismanagement too

You're deliberately ignoring my points. Jags - and other clubs too - got into severe trouble by mismanagement. Rangers of course mismanaged on an industrial scale - they'd have had to to be liquidated with the money they had coming in - but dodging tax and having a dodgy deal with bank directors isn't mismanagement, it's corruption. And that was happening before Whyte took over.

And as I said Thistle fans didn't go about blaming and threatening folk when our club got into trouble, they organised STJ to raise a lot of the money we needed to survive. Something maybe Rangers fans should have done a couple of years back.

• Like 2

There was clearly more than Whyte involved, I fear the full story of just how many people involved will be ever known. A lot of small companies have ceased to exist sadly because of large debts that Rangers did not pay back, that was the real tragedy people losing their livelihood because of that clubs recklessness

You seem to be spending a lot of time defending them are you sure it's not Gingerger rather than Gingerjag

• Like 1

There was clearly more than Whyte involved, I fear the full story of just how many people involved will be ever known. A lot of small companies have ceased to exist sadly because of large debts that Rangers did not pay back, that was the real tragedy people losing their livelihood because of that clubs recklessness

You seem to be spending a lot of time defending them are you sure it's not Gingerger rather than Gingerjag

true. just giving my opinion and just because I'm not havin a pop at them doesnt mean i supoort them.

I know most of their fans are sectarian pies I worked in shipyards temporary last year and not very likeable people and my workmates where celtic fans but its only my opinion and not scared to say it even tho aw yous will go aw u must be a current bun cos your no slaggin them.

You're deliberately ignoring my points. Jags - and other clubs too - got into severe trouble by mismanagement. Rangers of course mismanaged on an industrial scale - they'd have had to to be liquidated with the money they had coming in - but dodging tax and having a dodgy deal with bank directors isn't mismanagement, it's corruption. And that was happening before Whyte took over.

And as I said Thistle fans didn't go about blaming and threatening folk when our club got into trouble, they organised STJ to raise a lot of the money we needed to survive. Something maybe Rangers fans should have done a couple of years back.

couldnt be bothered reading a big war and peace speel I stand by my views on this subject but ultimatley dont give a sausage

I never thought you were, just thought you're one of many folk that's been taken in by the myth-making of the likes of the Daily Ranger. Whenever I see that I stick my oar in as it annoys me - my annoyance isn't with you, just the guys who promote the myth. Otherwise I try to ignore them.

Anyway posting in this thread a few times helped reduce the tension of waiting to see if we could hold on for a result up at Dingwall. And we got is, so ...Yaay!!

BTW if you thought my previous post was like War and Peace you should see some other stuff I've posted here. :D

Edited by Mr Bunny