Tapiray

twinny

That's the best shirt I've seen in ages and maybe the only time I'll buy a Scotland shirt!

Ha ha! The tartan army disnae like it!

Even better!

At least its not salmon pink ;)

The primrose and pink hooped shirts of the 1900's were rockin'.

Wasn't there also a Scotland rugby top that was basically white with red and yellow, that people said was a Thistle tribute top?

Was it this one?

Also, if only we could see a Thistle player actually wear that shirt ...

Just looking at the Adidas home strip on the JD Sports website ... it looks awful! Naff shirt you wouldn't see a school team play in. Makes our away effort look professional ... and for £52!

Edited by peagreenboy

I'm not sure of this at all (probably the hoops :ph34r: )

My boy says it's "well smart" so what do i know :D

You obviously have little or no knowledge of Deadco's away strips in the 20th Century. The hoops started in 1907 -

rangers_1909-change.gif

^ Basically a rip-off of Morton's home strip at that time. The Jags started playing in red and yellow hoops in 1935. They were a huge improvement on the navy blue shirts that we had previously. :happy2:

You obviously have little or no knowledge of Deadco's away strips in the 20th Century. The hoops started in 1907 -

rangers_1909-change.gif

^ Basically a rip-off of Morton's home strip at that time. The Jags started playing in red and yellow hoops in 1935. They were a huge improvement on the navy blue shirts that we had previously. :happy2:

You always having a go kni?

If you thought more before jumping in you would realise i was having a wee joke and that the hoops being red and yella should not bother me one bit.

I know of the strips in the past of Rangers but the thread is about this Scotland strip which i don't like

You alright with that?

You always having a go kni?

If you thought more before jumping in you would realise i was having a wee joke and that the hoops being red and yella should not bother me one bit.

I know of the strips in the past of Rangers but the thread is about this Scotland strip which i don't like

You alright with that?

Not having a go, just having a bit of fun, just like you did with your recent Orange Lodge thread. Your earlier hoops reference was not a reference to us, an obvious dig at the other cheek of the Old Firm backside. No true Jag has time for anyone who supports the cheating bigots from Govan. If you can't stand the heat...

Not having a go, just having a bit of fun, just like you did with your recent Orange Lodge thread. Your earlier hoops reference was not a reference to us, an obvious dig at the other cheek of the Old Firm backside. No true Jag has time for anyone who supports the cheating bigots from Govan. If you can't stand the heat...

So you are actually saying because i had a wee innocent dig at Celtic (hoops) you decided to get all serious :D

This may shock a so called true Jags fan like yourself who has little or no knowledge of this but alot of Thistle fans have time for me so are they not at the same level as you when it comes to supporting the Jags.

Oh and you know more about Rangers than I do so you are a better than me also :lol:

So you are actually saying because i had a wee innocent dig at Celtic (hoops) you decided to get all serious :D

This may shock a so called true Jags fan like yourself who has little or no knowledge of this but alot of Thistle fans have time for me so are they not at the same level as you when it comes to supporting the Jags.

Oh and you know more about Rangers than I do so you are a better than me also :lol:

Where did I get "all serious?

Btw, I am from a Rangers-supporting family and area. Being attacked by Deadco's neds for having Catholic friends, especially a Catholic girlfriend, was not a pleasant experience. You may think that supporting a team steeped in sectarianism is acceptable but I don't and nor is it funny. Every Jag is better than a thousand Sevconian bigots.

Where did I get "all serious?

Btw, I am from a Rangers-supporting family and area. Being attacked by Deadco's neds for having Catholic friends, especially a Catholic girlfriend, was not a pleasant experience. You may think that supporting a team steeped in sectarianism is acceptable but I don't and nor is it funny. Every Jag is better than a thousand Sevconian bigots.

Wow you are all serious. :D

I grew up with alot of Catholic friends and never had any bother from anyone for having these friends.

It's never been an issue for me or for any of the Rangers supporting friends I have and it wasn't an issue when I married a Catholic either.

I'm a football fan and a Rangers fan who isn't sectarian but idiots like you like to throw us all under the same banner and have a go at all of us.

You call us bigot's etc but you don't seem a very pleasant chap yourself towards others you don't know.

I live just outside Glasgow and my experience is alot different from yours for having Catholic friends, girlfriends etc so I'm wondering if it's the Shankhill Road you live? :lol:

Edit

Just to keep it on topic, That's a horrible Scotland kit isn't it?

Edited by billko

Wow you are all serious. :D

I grew up with alot of Catholic friends and never had any bother from anyone for having these friends.

It's never been an issue for me or for any of the Rangers supporting friends I have and it wasn't an issue when I married a Catholic either.

I'm a football fan and a Rangers fan who isn't sectarian but idiots like you like to throw us all under the same banner and have a go at all of us.

You call us bigot's etc but you don't seem a very pleasant chap yourself towards others you don't know.

I live just outside Glasgow and my experience is alot different from yours for having Catholic friends, girlfriends etc so I'm wondering if it's the Shankhill Road you live? :lol:

Edit

Just to keep it on topic, That's a horrible Scotland kit isn't it?

You clearly grew up in area where there were no problems - Bearden or Milngavie perhaps? In my part of Glasgow, there were fights between the rival schools. The local priests try to stop any mixing too.

Btw, would you take your Catholic wife to Ibrox and introduce her to the "faithful"?

The new away kit is okay. Scotland have played in much worse kits as the Scotsman article showed.