Post Match Reation

ayrshire jag

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's going to make us harder to beat.. by doing what, completely changing the team? We are now a squad of 4 or 5 decent First Division players, and the rest are all 2nd and 3rd Division class... or worse.

What utter garbage.

I thought Paton was clapping the crowd and got a bit of unjust abuse in return. Maybe not though.

That was a disgrace today. Raith took their chances, we didn't. Raith could defend, we couldn't. Halliwell was at fault for the first two. Kinniburgh was unlucky, he had to make the challenge but was just too slow - red card was harsh. Missed the fourth goal because I was looking elsewhere.

Players:

Halliwell - too slow getting down to the ground for the first, poor throw for the second. Overall, pretty poor.

Paton - shitebag.

Boyle - played pretty well.

Robertson - usual self.

Kinnigurgh - kept using his arms. Poor.

Rowson - was alright. Shat it when through on goal.

Hodge - absolute ******* gash.

Cairney - didn't do much, was subbed at HT.

Flannigan - didn't do much.

Buchanan - never stopped running. Was very good I think.

Donnelly - was he playing?

Erskine - lazy, missed a sitter. Bollocks.

Grehan - never got the ball.

Balotoni - hit the post with a free header. Bit of pace about him. Was okay.

I thought Paton was clapping the crowd and got a bit of unjust abuse in return. Maybe not though.

That was a disgrace today. Raith took their chances, we didn't. Raith could defend, we couldn't. Halliwell was at fault for the first two. Kinniburgh was unlucky, he had to make the challenge but was just too slow - red card was harsh. Missed the fourth goal because I was looking elsewhere.

Players:

Halliwell - too slow getting down to the ground for the first, poor throw for the second. Overall, pretty poor.

Paton - shitebag. why? i watched him going into loads of tackles, and win them

Boyle - played pretty well.

Robertson - usual self.

Kinnigurgh - kept using his arms. Poor. Agree he was going to give away a pen one way or another

Rowson - was alright. Shat it when through on goal.

Hodge - absolute ******* gash. dont agree, not great but not THAT bad

Cairney - didn't do much, was subbed at HT.

Flannigan - didn't do much.

Buchanan - never stopped running. Was very good I think.

Donnelly - was he playing? yes and i am sure had a couple of chances

Erskine - lazy, missed a sitter. Bollocks. i like erskin but cant disagree today

Grehan - never got the ball.

Balotoni - hit the post with a free header. Bit of pace about him. Was okay.

the rest i agree with

Mccall says " the game was over at half time"

It's always possible to come back from 3 goals down and many teams do.

With that attitude we're stuffed for the rest of the season, however ultimate responsibilty lies with the Board.

Please, will the Board face the facts and accept that although they're " Thistle minded people" they're crap.

Mccall says " the game was over at half time"

It's always possible to come back from 3 goals down and many teams do.

In truth there was really nothing to fault about our effort today particularly in the 2nd half. We were naive, useless for most of the game and could easily have been beaten by more but it wasn't a bottling job today.

McCall has never build a team with any fight - managers in the past Dicky boy, Lambinho for example would of roasted the players at HT today to the point you would see a reaction on the park !!!

Sadly true. As soon as we are a goal down, heads drop and it's over. That's the way it has been since McCall first took over. Another thing however: McCall stated that finishing easy chances would not be a problem this season...um, well.

I am afraid it seems we have a broken man at the helm. He seems out of ideas, hope and inspiration. He seems resigned to defeat and that is going to spread like the runs before long.

Under Lambie, I've seen Thistle come back to win when we had only nine men on the park. Nonsense eh?

I smell shite? Go on, prove me wrong.

Saw Lambie's teams win at least twice with 9 men; and once with only 8: but on no occassion that I remember did they come back from behind to win.

Moan about getting humped, moan about being bottom of the league, moan about whatever else you want. But don't re-write history...

EDIT: sorry, hadn't seen the above post when adding this!

Edited by Watson Towers

This is actually a brilliant piece of long-term strategic planning by McCall. Just about every other team will now think that we're crap, and suddenly we'll thrash somebody, starting with Dundee next week. Even better, we won't have bombscare in the team to give away a free penalty/scoring free-kick/red card.

McCall has never build a team with any fight - managers in the past Dicky boy, Lambinho for example would of roasted the players at HT today to the point you would see a reaction on the park !!!

To be fair we did improve after the break i thought Paton was excellent in the 2nd half well until he decided to salute the fans. I dunno if our improvement was due to Rovers relaxing a bit, the fact we had 3 sitters and didnt even take 1 or even make the keeper work at any of them disappoints me more than getting beaten.

This is actually a brilliant piece of long-term strategic planning by McCall. Just about every other team will now think that we're crap, and suddenly we'll thrash somebody, starting with Dundee next week. Even better, we won't have bombscare in the team to give away a free penalty/scoring free-kick/red card.

Shame its only a 1 game ban

Aye, and it's the Berwick game he's missing out.

Only joking :unsure::thinking: I think

Will depend on the referee's report but if he was sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity, and I suspect he was, then it is the Berwick match that he will miss.

He only misses the Dundee game if he was sent off for serious foul play.

The two Dundee players sent off yesterday will miss our game.

Edited by Tom Hosie

Will depend on the referee's report but if he was sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity, and I suspect he was, then it is the Berwick match that he will miss.

thanks tom. :thumbsup2:

Aye, and it's the Berwick game he's missing out.

Only joking :unsure::thinking: I think

Thanks, Tom. Things said in jest and all that :o