Scottish Cup Semi-Finals

stillresigned

The only non-dodgy reason I can think of would be to suit Sky, which would be equally worthy of condemnation.

The reason it annoys me is that Thistle would be treated in an even shoddier fashion should we be in a similar position. It totally staggers me that the SFA did not make some kind of contingency plan, for precisely this eventuality. Then to come out today with a statement that is patently obfuscatIon and lies is frankly all to reminiscient of the whole Amagedon caper.

Edited by stillresigned

Is there any reason why they can't change it?

Should never have been announced when it was. Parkhead is free (great turnout on Sunday) so why not there? Tynecastle? Pittodrie?

Why do The Rangers need 30,000 tickets? It should be 50/50 if possible - so what if a few miss out? I heard the phrase 'sporting integrity' used on Sportsound tonight - hahaha!

The only non-dodgy reason I can think of would be to suit Sky, which would be equally worthy of condemnation.

The reason it annoys me is that Thistle would be treated in an even shoddier fashion should we be in a similar position. It totally staggers me that the SFA did not make some kind of contingency plan, for precisely this eventuality. Then to come out today with a statement that is patently obfuscatIon and lies is frankly all to reminiscient of the whole Amagedon caper.

Is this the statement you call obfuscation and lies?

In response to recent speculation and comments made by Dundee United officials, the Scottish FA is compelled to clarify the club’s ticketing allocation for the forthcoming William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final between Rangers and Dundee United at Ibrox.

At the pre-operations meeting held on Tuesday, 11th March, Dundee United were made an initial offering of 11,063 tickets, allocated in the entirety of the Broomloan Road Stand, the Govan West corner and a section of the Govan Stand Front and Rear.

The number was offered on the basis of Dundee United’s ticket sales for recent semi-finals. For last year’s semi-final against Celtic at Hampden Park, with a 12.45pm kick-off, Dundee United received an allocation of 10,686 tickets and sold 6783.

For the 2010 semi-final against Raith Rovers at Hampden Park, with a 3pm kick-off, Dundee United were allocated 11,806 tickets and sold 9969.

The Dundee United official present stated that in order to ensure a maximum attendance, in the first instance the club would not require the additional allocation in the Govan West corner, Front and Rear and, instead, would prefer the Broomloan Road stand, capacity 8012.

He was invited to revert to the club for confirmation but declined. Notwithstanding the present allocation of 8012 – as requested by the club – Dundee United retain first option on the Govan West corner, and a section of the Front and Rear, an additional 3051 seats.

Should the club request that additional allocation and sell it, then there remains the opportunity to extend the allocation subject to agreement between the clubs and the relevant police and stewarding advice.

Re the SFA statement about previous allocations Thompson has quite correctly stated that each game should be taken on it's own merits and in this case there is big interest due to there being a bit of needle lately between the clubs.

The United fans probably 'smell blood' on the pitch and want to be there to see it in the event that they turn them over.

When Rangers went to Manchester, if you believe the figures quoted, over 200k were there and every single one of them (who wasn't in the clink by kick off) would have bitten your hand off for a ticket. I'd be surprised if their early home games were even remotely close to selling out.

As I said, each game is different.

Is this the statement you call obfuscation and lies?

In response to recent speculation and comments made by Dundee United officials, the Scottish FA is compelled to clarify the club’s ticketing allocation for the forthcoming William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final between Rangers and Dundee United at Ibrox.

At the pre-operations meeting held on Tuesday, 11th March, Dundee United were made an initial offering of 11,063 tickets, allocated in the entirety of the Broomloan Road Stand, the Govan West corner and a section of the Govan Stand Front and Rear.

The number was offered on the basis of Dundee United’s ticket sales for recent semi-finals. For last year’s semi-final against Celtic at Hampden Park, with a 12.45pm kick-off, Dundee United received an allocation of 10,686 tickets and sold 6783.

For the 2010 semi-final against Raith Rovers at Hampden Park, with a 3pm kick-off, Dundee United were allocated 11,806 tickets and sold 9969.

The Dundee United official present stated that in order to ensure a maximum attendance, in the first instance the club would not require the additional allocation in the Govan West corner, Front and Rear and, instead, would prefer the Broomloan Road stand, capacity 8012.

He was invited to revert to the club for confirmation but declined. Notwithstanding the present allocation of 8012 – as requested by the club – Dundee United retain first option on the Govan West corner, and a section of the Front and Rear, an additional 3051 seats.

Should the club request that additional allocation and sell it, then there remains the opportunity to extend the allocation subject to agreement between the clubs and the relevant police and stewarding advice.

According to Thompson it is and while he's far from the angel Gabriel, the recent record of the SFA on all matters pertaining to Ibrox hardly inspires confidence.

According to Thompson it is and while he's far from the angel Gabriel, the recent record of the SFA on all matters pertaining to Ibrox hardly inspires confidence.

On the statement I don't see any lies, the only thing that can be taken as construed as a lie out that statement is that utd were offered over 11 thousand ticket and refused them, all the rest is true stats. If indeed it is a lie then heads should roll, but if it's not and Thomson is claiming it is, just to stir shit, then the book should be thrown at him.

On the SFA and Ibrox thing, what amuses me is, that the Rangers fans hate the SFA cos they think that they were hard done by them, but other fans believe the SFA helped them. Looks like the SFA lose both ways.

I wonder if we would take that many to a Scottish Cup semi-final these days. Sure, there were over ten thousand at our last go-around, but that was a squillion years ago now.

It could and probably should be moved, but given that the two teams involved are The "Let's Boycott the Scottish Cup and the SFA for Being Horrible to Us" Rangers and Dundee "Don't Pay Compensation" United, I am glad that one or both of them will be feeling hard done by by the end of this - DU because they have to give Rangers lots of money and Rangers because they'll probably get a sound beating at home. It's a perfect shit-storm for those who dislike both teams.....

No plot, just a commercial convenience from the authorities (SFA) to ensure that one of its members could hurdle its cash flow problems , by either cash in hand or security against proposed receivables. that's why the decision was made early and why there is no other considerations .The same principle they used with Gretna to get them to the end of the season before their crash.

Wonder why Thomson resigned from the committee?

So that when the stale period happens, jan to april, clubs use the Ticketus method of acquiring cash, the mentioned member has done this for years before its death to the tune of multiple Millions , It would seem the particular member had fished that hole dry and may not be a particularly secure risk at the time of the initial decision. the authorities are just keeping Scottish football commercially viable for the future, that's all.

:crazy: :innocent2:

Yep. I made the same point on here when the SFA's decision was first announced. Murrayfield's pitch is not good at the moment but it could have been relaid or patched up for the final. Does anyone know how much the OF are getting in hosting fees?

From what I have heard its a significant 6 figure sum for each match, plus Rangers now also get half the tickets (Less expenses, that they have already been paid for) this keeps Rangers going for 1 more month till ST's come out