Hate To Say I Told You So But.....

king of spain

Totally agree with this on safety grounds and financially.

If the ball was on the other foot and we were desperate for tickets to see our team win the championship we would have done the same. And remember Scots fans have done the same at Wembley many times.

Thanks to the "I'm a season ticket holder and I own this seat" brigade, Thistle lost out on at least an extra £50k.

Like Dumbarton away, at the end of last season, when we took over the home end of their stand and the hospitality... and hospitality fans were singing Thistle songs?

Your second point, i have no idea how you came to this conclusion.

How do you work that one out?

That's what I was wondering.

I sit at the south end of the JHS and had no contact from the club re moving. Therefore there were NO season ticket holders who refused to move, as far as I know.

The club never asked anyone to move, other than those at the north end who did go elsewhere.

In any case, if all season ticket holders were put in the main stand the wouldn't be many seats left for the rest of the Jags support.

Totally agree with this on safety grounds and financially.

If the ball was on the other foot and we were desperate for tickets to see our team win the championship we would have done the same. And remember Scots fans have done the same at Wembley many times.

Thanks to the "I'm a season ticket holder and I own this seat" brigade, Thistle lost out on at least an extra £50k.

bit of a stupid last sentence really.

All roads point towards giving them the whole JH.

Safer - as there would be natural segregation.

More money for the club for 2 reasons. No seats in the JH lost to segregation. We could sell them 6,000 odd tickets.

Thistle fans together on 2 sides of the ground. Better atmosphere and looks better on the TV. Could sell it to the ST holders as "old school sunday" - come to the main stand just like the old days. I'm sure many would like to sample the North Stand atmosphere as well.

• Like 4

Have to admit last night will not forevever remain amogst the happiest of days when I recall my years of supporting the Thistle. Yes, the club could have handled things better and some Celtic supporters are twats. However, I've got to say that some Jags fans are also twats and before any Thistle fans get on their moral high horse about pitch invasions etc., I'll remind them that our supporters or a section of them did the exact same thing when we won the league last season.

• Members

Ian, at the risk of folk taking the piss ;), I think it's widely acknowledged that a great deal of the Jags support is made up of the older generation. I know when I'm leaving the ground after each game there are many round about me that struggle to get up and get out of the JHS where the exiting is good. Getting these folk out of the Main Stand would be a nightmare, and the thought of a serious incident in there that would require quick evacuation just doesn't bear thinking about.

Ian, at the risk of folk taking the piss ;), I think it's widely acknowledged that a great deal of the Jags support is made up of the older generation. I know when I'm leaving the ground after each game there are many round about me that struggle to get up and get out of the JHS where the exiting is good. Getting these folk out of the Main Stand would be a nightmare, and the thought of a serious incident in there that would require quick evacuation just doesn't bear thinking about.

If that's the case Will, then the main stand should not be open at all.

Have to admit last night will not forevever remain amogst the happiest of days when I recall my years of supporting the Thistle. Yes, the club could have handled things better and some Celtic supporters are twats. However, I've got to say that some Jags fans are also twats and before any Thistle fans get on their moral high horse about pitch invasions etc., I'll remind them that our supporters or a section of them did the exact same thing when we won the league last season.

you last point is inaccurate and misleading.

we won league away at falkirk. where not one jags supporter set foot onto the pitch (or set off flares, fireworks or smoke bombs).

the pitch invasion consisiting of jags supporters you refer to was at home v dunfermline, where we were already confirmed champions, and were having league trophy presented after the game.

• Like 3

I`ve been a jags fan for over forty years and was in the singing section nearest the away support in the main stand, behind a mother and daughter when the trouble in the main stand began.No matter the provocation provided by away fans the behaviour of a large part of the home fans near to me brought shame on our great club!To see the mother and child flee in terror and having to pick up a fellow fan off the ground after he was knocked over in the rush to confront the police ,stewards and away fans filled me with horror.This is my club , a family club, all of those who acted in this mob handed mentaliity should be reflecting today on their conduct as i would never wish to see the hatred yes hatred on the faces of my fellow thistle fans ever again.

Smoke bombs and banners worshiping dead terrorists are not our style neither is thuggery and violence. our fans were no angels last night ,lets not rewrite history and blame everyone but ourselves.I am proud to be a jags fan, lets not tarnish our reputation for humour and fairness with a repeat of the conduct of far too many of our fans last night!.

• Like 2

All roads point towards giving them the whole JH.

Safer - as there would be natural segregation.

More money for the club for 2 reasons. No seats in the JH lost to segregation. We could sell them 6,000 odd tickets.

Thistle fans together on 2 sides of the ground. Better atmosphere and looks better on the TV. Could sell it to the ST holders as "old school sunday" - come to the main stand just like the old days. I'm sure many would like to sample the North Stand atmosphere as well.

I do see where you're coming from but the fundamental flaw with that plan (other than that it would turn what should look/feel/sound like a home tie into an 'away' one) is that I don't think there would be enough seats for all the Jags fans who wanted to come to the game. No one seems exactly sure what our current capacity is, but it's not much more than 10k (if that), so that'd be space for less than 4000 Jags fans, with others locked out (based on the JHS holding just over 6k).

Everybody knows that football fans don’t mix particularly well. If everyone behaved as they should then we wouldn’t ever need any stewards at all but they don’t and we do and on that basis last night, which always had the potential to go pear shaped, should have been much better managed by the club. At the end of the day if Home and Away support had been kept apart, something which happens at football matches all over the world every week, then we wouldn't be talking about this.

Not sure why people are making a fuss about a pitch invasion that happened after the Thistle team had left the pitch and most of the Thistle fans had left the stadium. They were only having a bit of fun and I’m sure they won’t have done a huge amount of damage just running about.

I do see where you're coming from but the fundamental flaw with that plan (other than that it would turn what should look/feel/sound like a home tie into an 'away' one) is that I don't think there would be enough seats for all the Jags fans who wanted to come to the game. No one seems exactly sure what our current capacity is, but it's not much more than 10k (if that), so that'd be space for less than 4000 Jags fans, with others locked out (based on the JHS holding just over 6k).

Last night there was 7500 at the game.

3500 Celtic fans in their section. That leaves 4000 seats occupied.

There's 4000 seats between the main and north stands.

You either sell the season ticket at a slightly reduced rate to the 2000 JHS season ticket holders. Advising them they will be moved to the main stand for these games.

Or you sell season tickets without Celtic games included. 40 quid cheaper.

• Like 1

You reckon there were more than 4,000 jags fans there last night? Our core home support very rarely exceeds 2,500.

This thread should be safely stored somewhere so that next season, when the club give all the Jackie Husband stand and the North stand to Celtic (and NuGers if we happen to play them), it can be wheeled out to answer the inevitable b*tching, moaning and bumping of gums which will arise.

Who said anything about the North Stand?

I said give them the JH and the JH only. North Stand and Main Stand for us.

Do you not have some exams to be studying for?

Does any other top-flight club have this kind of problem when they need to accommodate one of the ugly two? It seems to me that it's purely down to Firhill currently not being fit for purpose, due the lack of a city-end stand that could accommodate Thistle fans along with the city-end half of the JH stand. All of the anarchic reorganising efforts that go on now are due to the guardians of the club failing to develop the stadium appropriately.

Does any other top-flight club have this kind of problem when they need to accommodate one of the ugly two? It seems to me that it's purely down to Firhill currently not being fit for purpose, due the lack of a city-end stand that could accommodate Thistle fans along with the city-end half of the JH stand. All of the anarchic reorganising efforts that go on now are due to the guardians of the club failing to develop the stadium appropriately.

Agree with you to an extent but where is the demand for an extra stand? The ground holds 10,000 as it is. 90% of the time this new city end stand would be lying empty.

Agree with you to an extent but where is the demand for an extra stand? The ground holds 10,000 as it is. 90% of the time this new city end stand would be lying empty.

Not if it was open to Jags fans. :thumbsup2: You're right about the stadium not being full, but that's surely the case for just about every club in the top flight. Firhill gives the impression that we are an amateurish outfit out of our proper league.

Edited by Jaggernaut