Email Sent To The Club

Steeleyjag

I've had a look at the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 and the guy on seat Pxx certainly used religious hatred and threatening behaviour. The guy in seat Qxx used racial hatred and threatening behaviour. Also, I have copied this from the club's Code of Conduct for Supporters -

Unacceptable conduct

Unacceptable conduct is conduct which is violent or disorderly.

Violent conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against

any person or any intentional damage to property.

Disorderly conduct includes any conduct which intimidates or frightens individuals or

groups of people including our opponents, match officials, opposition fans and our

own staff, stewards and office bearers.

Instances of disorderly conduct include using threatening, abusive or insulting words

or conduct and/or displaying any writing or other thing which is threatening, abusive

or insulting.

The regulations which have been introduced mean that the club could be penalised as

a result of instances of unacceptable conduct.

If you hear or see someone behaving in an inappropriate manner which could put the

club at risk you should draw the matter to the attention of a club official either

verbally or in writing and anonymously or otherwise.

Fans who do behave in an inappropriate manner bringing the club into disrepute may

be ejected and/or banned from Firhill. Such fans may receive a lifetime ban or loss of

season ticket or in extreme cases be subject to arrest by the police.

Although I agree that anyone who makes Racist or sectarian comment is not welcome at Firhill. Possibly you could have made the email to the Club first and then waited for the response. If still left unhappy then told us there response first before naming seat numbers.

If for instance you had made a typo mistake with those seats numbers a totally innocent party may have been scapegoated.

There are also those who may have a more sinister motive who may now think. OK Lets use this forum to point out someone in seat row XXX who they don,t like. Mud as they say sticks.

This is why we have proper channels of complaint and investigation. This thread is the perfect story for some ambitious young newspaper reporter to twist. This I believe has already happen with this forum.

Hope you get it resolved but not sure if this is the correct way to go about it.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am an intelligent person and I am fully aware of implications of getting things wrong. That's why I double checked the seat number for Pxx before I posted on here. I just wanted people to know that we had a bad experience for the first time in over 25 yrs of supporting the Jags. It was not my intention to have a moan about the club's reply. I was purely letting everyone know about it. The racist gentleman shouldn't be allowed to get away with what he said. I hope you understand this.

I will post the club's reply once I get it.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

I don't believe anyone who has read the original post will doubt either its veracity or the intelligence of the poster. I can also understand why Steeleyjag wishes to take the public route.

Where topcat's opinion comes into play is more as a matter of precedent. I'd be, altho' extremely sympathetic, critical of someone who comes in fresh from a game with a similar complaint and immediately post on here naming individuals/seat nos but at the same time hiding under alias. I think that could be an ill advised way to go about things tho' completely understandable.

Here Steeleyjag has identified himself/herself by seat number and hasn't posted in the heat of the moment.

• Like 2

Hey folks. A quick update. Firstly, my name is David and I have been a Jags supporter for over 25 years. I was a Jagspot agent when Bobby Briggs ran it. I have been attending Firhill with my son for the last 13 years since he turned 5.

Ian Maxwell has replied to my email. Basically (and obviously) he can't comment on what I allege was said as there was no one from the club within earshot. That's totally understandable. I have copied a paragraph

"I will contact both the supporters you note below and remind them of the type of behaviour we expect at Firhill. I have also taken a note of your season ticket seats and will ask one of our stewards to keep a close eye on that area and ensure that any unacceptable conduct does not continue during the remaining home games of the season."

This is all I was looking for, so I'm very happy at the response from Maxy. I've spoken to him a few times in the past and I feel he is a great ambassador for the club.

As I said in an earlier post, please come and say "Hi" on Saturday. You know where we sit!

• Like 2

Went to the game, but my son thought it best to sit with my mates on row R, and further away from Pxx and Qxx. Disappointed, but I won't have my son wondering if his father is about to get attacked. I went over to speak to Willjag - very nice fellow. The man that sits in seat Pxx saw me and laughed, turning to Qxx, who also had a right good look at me. As I walked back up the aisle, I heard Pxx shout something that sounded like, "F**k off, and don't come back". It's a shame that, although the club will be writing to him about his conduct, unfortunately, he won't be able to read it. Looks like we will have to move our season ticket seats for next season.

• Members

Nice to speak to you too Steeleyjag. It's a shame you feel that you have to move seats, but if it's uncomfortable, then it's probably for the best. You'll not have noticed because you weren't there during the game, but there was an increased Steward presence around that area yesterday. Seen Brian himself make a few visits and hover round that particular spot.

Anyway, here's hoping we enjoy the rest of the Season!

I have issues of my own regarding our support and the poor stewarding. I've been a supporter for over 50 years and I have to say standards have deteriorated , I've got a ST but never get to sit on my seat in the north stand or even stand in front of it thanks to the youngsters who take no note of reserved places, it has put me off re-newing this year, and the stewarding is a joke , people blocking the aisles for example , not acceptable, swearing in the family section should not be tolerated. In defence of the NS section , I have yet to hear racial abuse but theres still time .

I have issues of my own regarding our support and the poor stewarding. I've been a supporter for over 50 years and I have to say standards have deteriorated , I've got a ST but never get to sit on my seat in the north stand or even stand in front of it thanks to the youngsters who take no note of reserved places, it has put me off re-newing this year, and the stewarding is a joke , people blocking the aisles for example , not acceptable, swearing in the family section should not be tolerated. In defence of the NS section , I have yet to hear racial abuse but theres still time .

Uh, the North Stand isn't the family section...

I was referring to the OP and his complaint which is in the JH stand, duh !!!!

I may be wrong, but I don't think the OP's seats were in the family section. It was certainly never mentioned in the opening post. The entire JH stand isn't the family section, just section 7 IIRC.

Ok, but if we're going to be blunt about this , the North stand is for the choir and the , shall we call it the adult section , which by the way is another gripe while im on the subject, although javent noticed so many under 16's lately. any way had my moan , will leave it at that , but its adisgrace for any of us to ignore the people around us and be a bit more mature about our emotions during the game.

I thought the NS was unreserved....... or am I wrong

I thought the NS was unreserved....... or am I wrong

No, you can reserve seats via a season ticket. Strangely where we stand in the back row the majority are unreserved at the top of the aisle.

What I find annoying is folk who have reserved seats in the singing section, then proceed to sit in their seats in the back row in silence, effectively splitting two groups, and make a complaint to stewards that folk standing in the aisle are preventing them get down the stairs... Even though they haven't even tried to get down the stairs.

If they had done, they'd have found that the folk standing in the aisle would have happily stood to the side and let them through.

If you have mobility issues, why reserve seats in the back row right in the middle of the two stair cases.

If you don't have mobility issues, why are you complains about 10 folk standing on the stairs?

You can reserve seats in the NS but there's always been an understanding that you can stand where you want, which is my preference as we are trying to get more of a terrace culture in there.

Ok, but if we're going to be blunt about this , the North stand is for the choir and the , shall we call it the adult section , which by the way is another gripe while im on the subject, although javent noticed so many under 16's lately. any way had my moan , will leave it at that , but its adisgrace for any of us to ignore the people around us and be a bit more mature about our emotions during the game.

To be honest, I'm at a loss as to why you sit in the North Stand at all. Not only is standing allowed, it's openly encouraged and promoted in the North Stand to try and improve the atmosphere.

People do stand in the aisles yes, but there are never any problems if someone wants to go down the stairs. If there had been, I'm sure there would be a lot more people complaining about it.

Why even mention the NS in regards to racial abuse? One of the things I'm most pleased about in the NS is the support we give to the players, compared to some of the stuff that comes from people in the JH.

I'm delighted to have left some of these folk behind in the JH and hope they never venture to the NS, as that kind of constant negativity wouldn't be well received.

Do we wind up opposition players? Of course! But I can honestly say that there has never been anything close to racial abuse being used in the NS, so I don't know why you think that "there's still time". It wouldn't be accepted by anyone in the NS, pure and simple.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 1

No, you can reserve seats via a season ticket. Strangely where we stand in the back row the majority are unreserved at the top of the aisle.

What I find annoying is folk who have reserved seats in the singing section, then proceed to sit in their seats in the back row in silence, effectively splitting two groups, and make a complaint to stewards that folk standing in the aisle are preventing them get down the stairs... Even though they haven't even tried to get down the stairs.

If they had done, they'd have found that the folk standing in the aisle would have happily stood to the side and let them through.

If you have mobility issues, why reserve seats in the back row right in the middle of the two stair cases.

If you don't have mobility issues, why are you complains about 10 folk standing on the stairs?

I'd be honest if I was buying a ticket purely for comfort and viewing it wouldnt be in the NS, but slap bang in the middle of the JHS at the half way line, If I had kids to take I'd go for a seat in the JHS at the family section, If I wasnted a ticket with a bit of atmosphere and as Ian Mac states a bit more "Terrace culture" i'd plop for the NS and shuffle up the back