Easdale Says That Rangers Finances Are Fragile.

kni

Wow how scary is this part

"The Club raised £70.7 million through ticket sales, commercial revenues and share sales proceeds

between May 2012 and December 2013 and proceeded to spend most of this relatively quickly

with only £3.5 million of this cash remaining at 31 December 2013. An analysis of this spend is

attached as Appendix 1.

Non Football Payroll Costs 7.0 "

directors skimming the money perhaps?

"The Club raised £70.7 million through ticket sales, commercial revenues and share sales proceeds

between May 2012 and December 2013 and proceeded to spend most of this relatively quickly

with only £3.5 million of this cash remaining at 31 December 2013. An analysis of this spend is

attached as Appendix 1.

The other question is, how are they going to raise anything like £20-30 million (even over 3 years) when they've already blown a lot more than that without improving the club/business? Who would want to invest in that?

attached as Appendix 1.

100% the directors and others have been skimming the money and this is why no Rangers fan should give them a penny more to line their pockets with.

If this means running the club into the ground then so be it.

A statement from the Union of Fans yesterday before the report came out today

http://www.ja606.co.uk/articles/viewArticle/265591

This is quite strange

"As previously stated, the Board has no intention of granting security over Ibrox and therefore has regrettably decided that for the current season ticket renewal process it will proceed with direct payment only to the Club by way of bank transfer, cash or cheque payment. Any supporters who are on the automatic renewal scheme will not have their tickets renewed automatically and will also require to renew their seats individually "

And even more so

"To assist supporters at this time, the Club is extending the season ticket renewal window until 16 May 2014, to give every supporter sufficient time to renew their season ticket. Additional information is being sent to every season ticket holder today to explain in detail the required process changes.

Should the Club suffer a substantial decrease in season ticket income in the next two months, then it would be unable to trade in the short term without seeking additional external funding as previously disclosed in the RIFC December 2013 interim results"

Edited by Norgethistle

A semi-final played on the home ground of one of the participants who benefited in ground rent and gate money.

Only in Scotland.

They decided on the venue well before the semi final was played and nobody expected Rangers to get to a semi final? (but playing it at Celtic Park would be fine with me but it was already decided)

Did it matter with the end result?

Did Dundee Utd get enough tickets to suit them?

Do you take it to a smaller ground so not everyone can get to see the game?

Does everyone agree that the final being played at Celtic park would have Celtic as a finalist and if so why was this stadia chosen?

Does everyone not see it for the huge chip on their shoulders? :happy2:

Only in Scotland will you get folk questioning the merits of playing cup semi finals at UEFA 5 * rated stadia :loco:

Edited by billko

They decided on the venue well before the semi final was played and nobody expected Rangers to get to a semi final? (but playing it at Celtic Park would be fine with me but it was already decided)

Does everyone agree that the final being played at Celtic park would have Celtic as a finalist and if so why was this stadia chosen?

Only in Scotland will you get folk questioning the merits of playing cup semi finals at UEFA 5 * rated stadia :loco:

The semi final location and Final location should not have been decided till the draw was made, Rangers should have played at Parkhead, and Celtic if they had made it played at Ibrox, the final if both were in it should have been decided by a toss of a coin or played at the home of Pripyat FC with free admission, accomodation and transport layed on for ALL OF fans that wanted to attend

• Like 2

The semi final location and Final location should not have been decided till the draw was made, Rangers should have played at Parkhead, and Celtic if they had made it played at Ibrox, the final if both were in it should have been decided by a toss of a coin or played at the home of Pripyat FC with free admission, accomodation and transport layed on for ALL OF fans that wanted to attend

1 way transport I assume?

It looks to me whether it's emotional blackmail or not their fans will most likely be forking out for season tickets. The alternative will be some sort of fire sale shares issue. A situation where the very folk they're trying to drive out will strengthen their grip on the club.

Now that we're all under the same umbrella cross division groundsharing will now be allowed. It wouldn't take much more mismanagement at Ibrox to foresee Queens Pk doing a good bit of business for years to come.

Look at the youth system that 750k is getting us.....bargain or what?? :head_ball:

Not a good time to be a Rangers (inc, plc, utd, international, airways) fan. Do you put your money up so the vultures can continue to feast on the corpse? Or do you do the right thing, assist with pulling the plug and admit that there is no fairytale ending?

The first thing that needs to happen at Ibrox is..mccoist, durrant and macdowall take massive wage cuts, then all the players that are on £6k-£8k per week either do the same or get out the club.

£1.5 million per yer in the 3rd div for the manager and assistants, and that's basic wages.

£6-£8k per week to play in the 3div when most are earning £50-£100 per week.

Reportedly going up £2k per week each league they go up. So £8-£10k per week this season.

I think green and co raped them in the share issue, but mccoist got £2million in shares to keep quiet, so he's no angel in this.

Too many with their hands in the pie, any half sensible owner/ manager would have tried to build a team on a hell of a lot lower wages and when they came back to the top table, then their finances would have been a lot healthier.

to be fair mate given that rangers have the second highest playing budget in the country and the fact they seemed to conveniently get non premier league teams in every round up to the semis while adding in a number of gers fans comments that they were going to get the triple this season then yes there many of the football decision makers may have anticipated them getting to the semi finals

to be fair mate given that rangers have the second highest playing budget in the country and the fact they seemed to conveniently get non premier league teams in every round up to the semis while adding in a number of gers fans comments that they were going to get the triple this season then yes there many of the football decision makers may have anticipated them getting to the semi finals

I have watched them and can assure you getting to a semi final of a cup outwith the Ramsdens was going to be a tall order.

Funny thing is when they got there Utd were pretty poor and if chances were taken it might have been different.

Fans of all clubs including Jags fans can get ahead of themselves at certain times. and you only need to look on this forum to see all the ups and downs.

Rangers have a decent enough squad when everyone is fit and available but they have a manager who doesn't like playing football the way i like to see it played and i for one didn't get ahead of myself thinking they would win trebles.

Getting back to the topic the semi final Rangers v Dundee Utd should have went to Celtic park but the folk running our game have been pretty clueless for years now and nothing suprises me with them.

If Celtic reached the final or finals the game/games should have been played at Ibrox.

It's simple really to everyone except those who run the game up here.

Conveniently getting non premier league teams sounds as if you think the draw was fixed?

Incompetent, clueless etc etc yes i would agree with but i don't think they rigged the draw so they dodged Premiership teams :)

The standard of the Premiership isn't that great to be honest from what i have seen of it anyway this season.

Edited by billko

Sorry billko, the topic is actually about the fragile state of Rangers finances ... by all means argue the point about which stadium should be used - yawn - but I would be far more concerned about 67 million quid getting pished up against the wall ... you say the club should be run into the ground ...

Finally we are all in agreement!

We'll take Murray Park, thanks very much. Dunno what you could do with Ibrox; the land itself is worthless, maybe you could pack it up and send it to China, they do like useless Western junk over there ...

Billko: you might reckon the Premiership isn't up to much, but Thistle won 23 league games last season and have won 7 in 35 games this season. The Premiership is a lot higher quality and intensity than the old SFL 1st Div which in turn was of a higher standard than the 2nd Div or League 1 as it is now known. It won't be a skoosh next season though QoS look like getting a playoff spot having been promoted as Champs, so it can be done....

Be interesting to see what proportion of fans take your line versus just signing on the dotted line for a ST. Wallace seems to have been caught lying about the withdrawal of credit and debit card facilities in today's Record. Not a good start for another new dawn! ST sales were about 10% down last year. Being harder to buy, more expensive, with no automatic renewal and a ST boycott in the off, it is surely only a matter of time before Scottish football's newest Club suffers an insolvency event. Even Gretna managed to reach the top Division before that happened!

Edited by David Stevenson

Sorry billko, the topic is actually about the fragile state of Rangers finances ... by all means argue the point about which stadium should be used - yawn - but I would be far more concerned about 67 million quid getting pished up against the wall ... you say the club should be run into the ground ...

Finally we are all in agreement!

We'll take Murray Park, thanks very much. Dunno what you could do with Ibrox; the land itself is worthless, maybe you could pack it up and send it to China, they do like useless Western junk over there ...

Great to see you back posting on the forum PGB :lol:

Billko: you might reckon the Premiership isn't up to much, but Thistle won 23 league games last season and have won 7 in 35 games this season. The Premiership is a lot higher quality and intensity than the old SFL 1st Div which in turn was of a higher standard than the 2nd Div or League 1 as it is now known. It won't be a skoosh next season though QoS look like getting a playoff spot having been promoted as Champs, so it can be done....

Be interesting to see what proportion of fans take your line versus just signing on the dotted line for a ST. Wallace seems to have been caught lying about the withdrawal of credit and debit card facilities in today's Record. Not a good start for another new dawn! ST sales were about 10% down last year. Being harder to buy, more expensive, with no automatic renewal and a ST boycott in the off, it is surely only a matter of time before Scottish football's newest Club suffers an insolvency event. Even Gretna managed to reach the top Division before that happened!

Pay as you go David and like every Scottish ground this season plenty seats are available :)

Nice to see you and PGB back on the forum :clapping:

Great to see you back posting on the forum PGB :lol:

How can I possibly stay away from the scintillating conversation which abounds on this forum?

How's the wifi inside Ibrox these days? Must be a belter, to go along with all those shiny LED hoardings.

Edited by peagreenboy

Billko, the problem with pay as you go is that Ibrox is half empty on reported crowds of 40000. Fans have been willing to buy STs while not actually turning up. If those fans don't buy STs, not only will they not be there, their money won't be either. The Rangers FC can't plan much on the basis of PAYG, even with the ridiculous price they will likely charge for the Championship. The first £1.545M of ST money is ring-fenced to pay the recent loans rather than Sally's transfer trough. He may have to get by on a smaller squad even if he keeps the same excessive playing budget since troopers like Black, Temps etc will be trousering their wage rises for attaining Championship status. Something has to give sooner or later. Wallace reckons they need £20-30M "investment" over the next 3yrs. He appears to reckon he can raise £8M from a rights issue to current shareholders. Ibrox is a bottomless pit as far as money is concerned. A place where lessons are never learned.

Billko, the problem with pay as you go is that Ibrox is half empty on reported crowds of 40000. Fans have been willing to buy STs while not actually turning up. If those fans don't buy STs, not only will they not be there, their money won't be either. The Rangers FC can't plan much on the basis of PAYG, even with the ridiculous price they will likely charge for the Championship. The first £1.545M of ST money is ring-fenced to pay the recent loans rather than Sally's transfer trough. He may have to get by on a smaller squad even if he keeps the same excessive playing budget since troopers like Black, Temps etc will be trousering their wage rises for attaining Championship status. Something has to give sooner or later. Wallace reckons they need £20-30M "investment" over the next 3yrs. He appears to reckon he can raise £8M from a rights issue to current shareholders. Ibrox is a bottomless pit as far as money is concerned. A place where lessons are never learned.

#wearethepaypal ;-)

• Like 2

I have watched them and can assure you getting to a semi final of a cup outwith the Ramsdens was going to be a tall order.

Funny thing is when they got there Utd were pretty poor and if chances were taken it might have been different.

Fans of all clubs including Jags fans can get ahead of themselves at certain times. and you only need to look on this forum to see all the ups and downs.

Rangers have a decent enough squad when everyone is fit and available but they have a manager who doesn't like playing football the way i like to see it played and i for one didn't get ahead of myself thinking they would win trebles.

Getting back to the topic the semi final Rangers v Dundee Utd should have went to Celtic park but the folk running our game have been pretty clueless for years now and nothing suprises me with them.

If Celtic reached the final or finals the game/games should have been played at Ibrox.

It's simple really to everyone except those who run the game up here.

Conveniently getting non premier league teams sounds as if you think the draw was fixed?

I'm sure I speak for all Jags fans when I say that thoUght never remotely entered my head...lol!