Erskine The Heresy Thread

javeajag

I think to say I'm talking "rubbish" is a bit far. Nothing I said was unfair towards anybody. Based on what I have seen of him in the top division (probably 8 games for us and 2 for United).

I'm quite sure we wouldn't of got to the SPL without Erskine as well. We also wouldn't of got there without Steven Craig or Andy Dowie. I think it's clear the gulf between the divisions and it was always questioned whether Erskine can step up - and so far he hasn't. Every game so far I would put Erskine in the bottom three performers of the day. Defenders in the SPL are simply too good for him I think. He also seems to be a lost kid out on the pitch with no positional sense and not willing to close down the opposition.

I don't think Higginbotham was ever that poor. He has always tracked back and helped defensively. He has also always taken the ball forward and relieved pressure. Now he has added an end product that was missing at the start - but he was certainly never poor.

I want to give Erskine as much a chance as anyone, but he has to drastically improve in my opinion and the next two games aren't for that.

Before Christmas games like St Mirren at home, Dundee United Away, Motherwell at home, Inverness at home, Kilmarnock away and dare say a few more games he was poor. as was quite a few others - sitters missed, went for the spectacular than the simple, at times a little bit to much flattering to deceive. Since January he has been outstanding.

Before Christmas games like St Mirren at home, Dundee United Away, Motherwell at home, Inverness at home, Kilmarnock away and dare say a few more games he was poor. as was quite a few others - sitters missed, went for the spectacular than the simple, at times a little bit to much flattering to deceive. Since January he has been outstanding.

I really think you're just plucking games out in which he didn't score or make an assist. Versus United and Well our whole team was crap from back to front - in those cases the responsibility lies further back with the core of the team. I think his contribution was still good in the other games - certainly not poor. He contributed a lot, regardless if it came off or not. Where as Erskine hasn't contributed, defensively or on the attack, in a fair few of his games. I don't think he was much worse against Hearts as he has been in other games, just fans are getting less patient and notice more his errors.

Be interesting to see what happens, I don't think United will want him back and if we were offered him I'm sure Archie would say yes. I might be overly critical just now, but I think its fair based on his performances of late. I think he's a useful bench player for something different in games - just not a starter. Not yet anyway.

He started off well, but have to admit he has went off the boil in the last month or so. If he had performed with us I am sure McNamara would have taken him back, but I really can't see that happening now, but he has 2 years left on his contract, so unless they pay that up and we get him on a reduced wage, I have my doubts whether he will be back. Personally I would like to see him here next season, along with Lyle Taylor

I will assume you went for a lie down outside Easter Road then seeing as this was posted at 4.55 yesterday afternoon, yet you have commented that Chris Erskine had another poor match. How on earth would you know that?? There could be a perfectly good reason, so I will await your response!

I have a mobile phone with access to the internet....you will even see I post sometimes during games I'm actually watching

So glad you care though it's kind if touching,,,,

I have a mobile phone with access to the internet....you will even see I post sometimes during games I'm actually watching

So glad you care though it's kind if touching,,,,

I am positive that everyone on here believes you!! So you were going to go for a lie down right after the game on Saturday.....do you take a camper van to the matches...lol Mibbees someone from admin could check your postings out, to see if they were sent by mobile. If they were, I will hold my hands up and apologise....no one likes a TROLL!!

Edited by Lindau

When Hibs scored, was Erskine on the park ?

No but his primary role is to create not to defend & of late he's not been doing that.

His touch is very poor & no confidence in using his right foot as I said previously.

For me it's a mix of the confidence thing & not being 100% fit.

No but his primary role is to create not to defend & of late he's not been doing that.

His touch is very poor & no confidence in using his right foot as I said previously.

Definitely. His confidence has a massive bearing on his contribution. The chance he had on Saturday, a confident Erskine would have given the keeper no chance. Confidence is temporary though. I'd still be pleased if he was in our squad next season.

Priority for me though is definitely Taylor.

When Hibs scored, was Erskine on the park ?

I do sometimes wish that we looked at the plus minus statistic used in ice hockey. It is the individual players' goal difference while they are playing. I admit the statistic wouldn't work as well in football as you would need to take into account minutes played and games started etc, but it would be useful nonetheless, and could be used to show which players have greater impact on the score.

• Like 1

I am positive that everyone on here believes you!! So you were going to go for a lie down right after the game on Saturday.....do you take a camper van to the matches...lol Mibbees someone from admin could check your postings out, to see if they were sent by mobile. If they were, I will hold my hands up and apologise....no one likes a TROLL!!

Ok ' lie down ' is an EXPRESSION dear oh dear.....yes you will see they are mobile

Are you related to jimmy Sanderson ?

Ok ' lie down ' is an EXPRESSION dear oh dear.....yes you will see they are mobile

Are you related to jimmy Sanderson ?

Nah, just think you are a TROLL, plain and simple! Nearly always first to post your negative comments usually within minutes of the games finishing. Most of us discuss the game with mates over a few pints then come on here. Not you. We are undefeated in our 3 split games but you are straight in, right after the game on Saturday, with more negative comments. TROLL

Nah, just think you are a TROLL, plain and simple! Nearly always first to post your negative comments usually within minutes of the games finishing. Most of us discuss the game with mates over a few pints then come on here. Not you. We are undefeated in our 3 split games but you are straight in, right after the game on Saturday, with more negative comments. TROLL

I think you will find your comments re my posting on Saturday are incorrect but carry on

Lots of people post right after games unless that's to be added to your banned forum rules how about....

1. No negative posts unless is Lindau making negative comments about other posters

2. No posts critical of the team, players or manager until approved by Lindau

3. No negatives posts about games until Lindau says so

Imagine football fans being critical shameful

I think you will find your comments re my posting on Saturday are incorrect but carry on

Lots of people post right after games unless that's to be added to your banned forum rules how about....

1. No negative posts unless is Lindau making negative comments about other posters

2. No posts critical of the team, players or manager until approved by Lindau

3. No negatives posts about games until Lindau says so

Imagine football fans being critical shameful

Don't know what No 1 means and let's be honest here, 99% of your posts on here is negativity about the manager and our team after a bad result. Sadly and not surprisingly we never see you after a good result, you might be taken more seriously if you posted after a victory! TROLL

Edited by Lindau

Don't know what No 1 means and let's be honest here, 99% of your posts on here is negativity about the manager and our team after a bad result. Sadly and not surprisingly we never see you after a good result, you might be taken more seriously if you posted after a victory! TROLL

The irony is the number of negative posts you make......!!

Definitely. His confidence has a massive bearing on his contribution. The chance he had on Saturday, a confident Erskine would have given the keeper no chance. Confidence is temporary though. I'd still be pleased if he was in our squad next season.

Priority for me though is definitely Taylor.

Maybe he should have done better, but he shouldn't have had to. The ball he played to Taylor was almost perfect. It was Taylor who didn't control it properly.

My point was that loads of people are saying that Elliot should start instead of Erskine, because he is better covering back.