Youth Cup Final. A Shameful Repeat.

Butters

Still doesn't answer my question are you a bigot towards only the blue half?

And here in lies the problem. In almost any other football rivalry, a perceived bias for one team or another (and I don't think PT is actually biased one way or another from what he has said) is not considered bigotry. It is in fact relatively normal to prefer one rival team over another, even if you don't support either team. I prefer Liverpool to Everton. Does this make me a bigot?

not sure why you quoted me j-m, not that it needs emphasising but in case you have missed it in my posts, i am talking about both sets of mutants, hence my repeated use of the figure 100,000+, as that is the average combined home attendances (cough) of these two excuses for football clubs.

both should be punished, and severely, with zero tolerance, no more excuses.

as you correctly say, both are as bad as each other, at least we can agree on that. now whats your thoughts vis a vis dealing with the problem at games vs kicking in doors, any thoughts on my points vs yours, in terms of dealing with this stain on a mass level?

Didn't mean to add you to that reply yoda, sorry.

Don't see trying to arrest thousands at a game is going to work, how many coppers do you need to arrest everyone of them for singing their bile. The way the police are trying to deal with it is, video them and them kick doors in later, only a handful of coppers required for that. Last night the coppers had sniffer dogs and searching them going in, but that didn't work, but as I said earlier banning the clubs for 5 yrs etc is total stupid as there are a few teams supporters have let them off. Do we ban 4 or 5 teams from our league..no, we can't do that.

The only thing I can think of to stop it is..serious jail time for anyone caught with a flare, just like being caught with a firearm. 5 yr min for carrying a firearm, maybe this would stop it.

I'm not sure what you mean in the question.

I've explained why I didn't include Celtic.

I thought bigotry was an intolerance or hatred towards a specific religion, not the colour of a football top.

Well the blue half is supposedly leaning towards the Protestant faith, whilst the green half is supposedly leaning towards the Roman Catholic faith and seeing that if you had read the OP's link from the record about the game, it states that both sets of fans let of flares and both were trying to attack each other and both were singing bigoted songs, BUT you only refer to arresting the 1800 rangers fan. So this is why I ask if you have bigoted views against the blue half. I have seen the pictures from both sets of fans and read about both set of fans. One is as bad as each other and both should be dealt with severely, not just one team cos you dislike them more than the other.

Well the blue half is supposedly leaning towards the Protestant faith, whilst the green half is supposedly leaning towards the Roman Catholic faith and seeing that if you had read the OP's link from the record about the game, it states that both sets of fans let of flares and both were trying to attack each other and both were singing bigoted songs, BUT you only refer to arresting the 1800 rangers fan. So this is why I ask if you have bigoted views against the blue half. I have seen the pictures from both sets of fans and read about both set of fans. One is as bad as each other and both should be dealt with severely, not just one team cos you dislike them more than the other.

Thanks for clarifying that you do consider a dislike for one football team over another to be bigotry. Jesus wept!

It's kind of strange that you completely ignore my very first post on this thread, Jaggymad. Go back and read it again, it's dead easy, I've typed my opinions in red.

Can I ask how many times I mention Celtic in that post, how many times I use the term "they" as in more than one team, and finally how many times I mention rangers in that post.

It's kind of strange that you completely ignore my very first post on this thread, Jaggymad. Go back and read it again, it's dead easy, I've typed my opinions in red.

Can I ask how many times I mention Celtic in that post, how many times I use the term "they" as in more than one team, and finally how many times I mention rangers in that post.

You mentioned celtic twice in red and them once, but when wanting people lifted you mentioned 1800 rangers fans twice at least and to quote you "Only 1800 Rangers fans at the game. Thats all they needed to control. Less than a full North Stand."

There should have been thousands lifted last night, but from both bigot brothers, as said earlier almost impossible to lift thousands, so kick in doors. I may be wrong and if so then like a man I hold my hands up and apologise, but you come across as if it's only the blue half that offend you when it comes to all the flare, bigot singing etc in your posts. Both are as bad as each other and both need punished for their baggage, not just one.

F***ing hell, is it impossible to condemn one half of the OF without condemning the other?!

Did JM actually feel the need to explain the relationship between each OF team and their general religious sentiments on a Partick Thistle forum?!

I may be wrong and if so then like a man I hold my hands up and apologise, but you come across as if it's only the blue half that offend you when it comes to all the flare, bigot singing etc in your posts.

Never thought I'd see the day where someone thinks I'm a bigot.

If it helps you come to terms with your day of ridiculous posts....

Oh those bloody Celtic fans and their flares, the police should be banging down their green doors. There was only 1800 Celtic fans there and all the tickets were bought by Celtic season ticket holders, how many Celtic fans have been arrested?

Never thought I'd see the day where someone thinks I'm a bigot.

If it helps you come to terms with your day of ridiculous posts....

Oh those bloody Celtic fans and their flares, the police should be banging down their green doors. There was only 1800 Celtic fans there and all the tickets were bought by Celtic season ticket holders, how many Celtic fans have been arrested?

At least your man enough to try and even things up.

Ok..lets ban every team who's supporters let of flares or smoke bombs! Not be many teams left in the SPFL or Europe. Didn't see to much on here about Dundee Uniteds fans letting off 5 or 6 at their semi final. Also Motherwell fans have done it this year, but no shouting to ban their teams. We cannot have 1 rule for them and 1 for the rest of us.

Some people on here cannot live their daily lives without having a go at the "h*ns" as they are called on here or Celtic. So ******* what they let of flares or smoke bombs, let the police deal with them and put your energy into something worth while.

As so many say on here who gives a feck about the old firm. If it wasn't for them, some on here wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

You clearly seem to have a soft spot for at least one of them.

You clearly seem to have a soft spot for at least one of them.

I have the same affection for both.....BOTH tarred with the sectarian brush, both as bad as each other.

But would love you to show me examples of your accusation towards my soft spot for one of them.

Ps, I'm glad you only said I had a soft spot for one of them, cos there seems a few on here have a hard on for for one side.

Edited by JaggyMad
  • Like 2

My thoughts on this is this was a youth game and that very few fans of either club were actually at this game looking to see who might be the next big thing to come through from their youth set ups.

I watched Thistle and Rangers Glasgow Cup 17's game and only parents of players were at this match.

The final and 8000 want to watch it which confirms it's not about the game for the majority.

The flares etc really do my head in and wonder why we are trying to bring this into our game here.

I know in Europe it's common but why do it here when our game has never experienced it?

A younger element worry me on both sides as i think it will be this group who will continue with all the sectarian nonsense that comes with both clubs and the authorities really need to come down hard on both of these groups.

Both are an embarrassment and they do make you cringe with what they get up to at times.

Damaging seats has been going on for years and surely it's easy to identify who is doing it?

It's not just these groups though that are gulity as Aberdeen and Dundee Utd went home with quite a few blue seat souvenirs after their semi finals.recently.

I don't see how you can do arrests at the games in the numbers that might be required but surely you can identify them, arrest them later and giving out tough punishments to stop it from happening again.

It needs sorted now or it will just get worse as i think when these clubs meet in top flight competition a good chance it will be carnage.

Edited by billko

Jeez, this thread was starting to read like a transcript of the open line on a Tuesday night. Maybe it's an example of just how ingrained the stupidity is in this country.

Both clubs, the ruling body and the police need to take drastic action to wipe this out. They could. But, they won't. Why would the clubs stop turning a blind eye, act on this and then potentially starve themselves of admission money/merchandising profits (got to cover your face with some colour of scarf, and these 2 clubs reeeeally like money)? So it's down to the ruling body and the police......I might not hold my breath.

Jeez, this thread was starting to read like a transcript of the open line on a Tuesday night. Maybe it's an example of just how ingrained the stupidity is in this country.

Both clubs, the ruling body and the police need to take drastic action to wipe this out. They could. But, they won't. Why would the clubs stop turning a blind eye, act on this and then potentially starve themselves of admission money/merchandising profits (got to cover your face with some colour of scarf, and these 2 clubs reeeeally like money)? So it's down to the ruling body and the police......I might not hold my breath.

Bad as it was I'd expect the equivalent of an amnesty on dealing with knuckledraggers till after the Commonwealth Games. it could get worse.

Didn't mean to add you to that reply yoda, sorry.

Don't see trying to arrest thousands at a game is going to work, how many coppers do you need to arrest everyone of them for singing their bile. The way the police are trying to deal with it is, video them and them kick doors in later, only a handful of coppers required for that. Last night the coppers had sniffer dogs and searching them going in, but that didn't work, but as I said earlier banning the clubs for 5 yrs etc is total stupid as there are a few teams supporters have let them off. Do we ban 4 or 5 teams from our league..no, we can't do that.

The only thing I can think of to stop it is..serious jail time for anyone caught with a flare, just like being caught with a firearm. 5 yr min for carrying a firearm, maybe this would stop it.

you say you can't see how they will arrest thousands of mutants of both sides at a game, and state "video them and them kick doors in later, only a handful of coppers required for that" ..... well, you are partially right, when the likely upshot of this (in)action is they will only kick in the doors of half a dozen in grand total, so it will indeed be "only be a handful of coppers required for that".

how many police are in the stadia during the game, standing and watching for 90 minutes game time plus all the additional time (pre-kick off, halftime, etc) while they sing their bile? many many more than a handful. hundreds upon hundreds. they are already there. they are already watching them. they are already filming them. they are already being paid for their time there, for allegedly doing their job. so film a section of them, and immediately en-masse coppers do their job and go in and lift them in their dozens at a time. film another section and repeat lifting, until it stops. again i say it, absolute zero tolerance, as soon as they start, lift them in vast numbers, in full view of their fellow mutants, tv cameras, the journalists ..... so everyone sees and knows about it, there and them, instead of a token few kicking in doors days or weeks later. keep lifting them at the games (whether it's dozens, hundreds or thousands) until they stop.

if you think this stain on scotland, scottish football and our society will be eradicated (and with any speed) from kicking in a few doors a year, then you are greatly mistaken.

Bad as it was I'd expect the equivalent of an amnesty on dealing with knuckledraggers till after the Commonwealth Games.

for amnesty, is that a euphemism for "completely ignore it" and that by after commonwealth games they will hope everyone has forgotten about it so they do absolutely nothing?

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

for amnesty, is that a euphemism for "completely ignore it" and that by after commonwealth games they will hope everyone has forgotten about it so they do absolutely nothing?

Very much meant as a euphemism.

Lifted this from the Record but as a direct quote more likely to be correct

Glasgow FA and Queen’s Park committee member Malky Mackay Senior admits a solution is being discussed to prevent the reputation of competition from being further damaged.

He said: “We need to look at the situation for future finals due to the behaviour we have seen. The price of policing these games doesn’t come cheap and our association doesn’t have the money that’s been needed to cope with what we have had to deal with in the past few years.

“Celtic and Rangers can’t be expected to control the actions of elements from within their support. This is a society issue.”

It's not the ugly sisters responsibility? As I'd like to think of myself as a member of society I'd take issue with that.

Very much meant as a euphemism.

Lifted this from the Record but as a direct quote more likely to be correct

It's not the ugly sisters responsibility? As I'd like to think of myself as a member of society I'd take issue with that.

just been reading that dreary record article there, before returning here to post about it.

in the article it states if the same two sham clubs meet in final next season it will be held behind closed doors. i'd say while either of these clubs exist (in second or third or however many fake forms), any games between them should be behind closed doors.

i also see the £10k bill for damage will be met by the glasgow fa. same as last year. and which if my old memory is right, we pay a share of (as we did last year after our stadium was wrecked) it's costs and/or losses. so, in summary, partick thistle fc are being made to contribute for when damage is incurred at firhill by either of the sham clubs mutants, or also when it happens at one of their grounds.

Edited by yoda-jag

I think this attitude that nothing can be done about it is nonsense, quite frankly I'd be the first to say tht it is a societal problem but Celtic and particulary Rangwrs in recent years have been only too keen to cash on as Mr. Easdale called it last week the loyalty of our supporters. Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the West of Scotland is aware of the subtext here. Please note, I am not going to bore anyone with a tiresome rendition of the percieved wrongs committed by both clubs over the past 100 years or so it'd be very boring.

However if its a societal poblem then surey as a society its long since past time that we should say enough is enough and that we don;t want our society polluted any more by people who think it is acceptable to continue acting as people did in the 17th century, well its not since it asn't!