Unprofessional

1876Jag

We've learned nothing from last season after all.

Where was the alternative formations we've apparantly been working on in per season?

Still can't defend corners, still conceding goals in the last 5 minutes.

The substitutions predictable if not in the order that they came on.

Bannigan went off & midfield capitulated.

As for Elliot being on before Doolan.... The game was crying out for Doolan's movement after about 15 minutes. Martin Canning was made to look like Beckenbaur by Stevenson.

So angry at the management team with their subs & tactics today & the BoD for lack of investment in the team.

• Like 1

We've learned nothing from last season after all.

Where was the alternative formations we've apparantly been working on in per season?

Still can't defend corners, still conceding goals in the last 5 minutes.

The substitutions predictable if not in the order that they came on.

As for Elliot being on before Doolan.... The game was crying out for Doolan's movement after about 15 minutes. Martin Canning was made to look like Beckenbaur by Stevenson.

So angry at the management team with their subs & tactics today & the BoD for lack of investment in the team.

a couldn't make game today as wee boy was up all night sick ! But without even being there a agree what ur saying about Stevenson he has to be pushed back into midfield and Doolan has to start it's terrible that Elliot is coming on before home when we need a goal ! Was seaborne missed today ?

Archie has given himself a huge problem with the signing of Stevenson.

Is he a better midfielder than Bannigan,.........NO

Is he a better lone striker than Doolan............NO

Yet these are the two who made way for him.

We know he can perform well in the Premiership but at the moment his selection seems to make our team weaker.

Is archie going to have to come up with another formation to accommodate him effectively in the team

and so the knicker wetting begins in earnest, :mad3::frantic:

It's not knicker wetting, it's fact.

Were you at the game today? Surely even the most fervent supporter can see that we got it all wrong today?

& if you're happy with the strength of the squad then you'll obviously be happy with that type of performance being repeated many times over the season.

Seaborne probably was missed today but doubt he'd have made that much of a difference in the final third.

He's a completely different player than Bannigan so it's a bit bizarre to compare them.

He's not a natural striker but he can be effective when played there as shown vs County. Today he was too isolated and had no support so it's hard to criticise him.

You can compare how effective they are at what they do. I didn't think Bannagin was having that bad a game and was only substituted to accommodate Stevenson staying on the pitch. Elliot was far more effective than him when he came on as well.He's obviously not a natural striker highlighted by the two sitters he missed which still poses the question , do you change the formation or drop one of the right sided midfielders just to accommodate him.

I can only assume the new contract Lawless signed is where he pays PTFC to play. I'd fancy Hen Broon to outmuscle him.

What game were you at, he wasn't at his best, but put a shift in today and shouldn't have been subbed. Stevenson is a total passenger right now, he should have been off at half time with dools replacing him. Elliot done ok when he came on, but no end product from us today.

It's not knicker wetting, it's fact.

Were you at the game today? Surely even the most fervent supporter can see that we got it all wrong today?

& if you're happy with the strength of the squad then you'll obviously be happy with that type of performance being repeated many times over the season.

Seaborne probably was missed today but doubt he'd have made that much of a difference in the final third.

The guy is a WUM. He loves it when Thistle lose so he can come on here giving it big licks about knicker wetters.

Better just ignoring him.

IMHO....Accies seemed to win most 50-50 balls and never gave us space. We shoulda put 11 men behind the ball after we scored....and we we should have fn concentrated when we scored with the mentality it was still 0-0. To be honest it was always on the cards - they looked more dangerous than we ever did. It's so hard to take after possibly the best goal I've ever seen at Firhill. If we were to win today we would have had to win ugly. Don't know if we can do that.

It's only one game but we have to play with more determination....like Accies did.

[What game were you at]

Same one as you - the one where he gave the ball away continuously, got muscled off the ball every time anyone came within breathing distance and got hooked after 60 mins.

Edit: to be fair he was certainly not the only offender.

Edited by One t in Scotland

The guy is a WUM. He loves it when Thistle lose so he can come on here giving it big licks about knicker wetters.

Better just ignoring him.

:D:loco: no i am a realist, at the moment we don't have the strength in depth as has been shown but does that mean i should start slaughtering the team when they are the players that will have to play until we get more in ...no.

LOL i wish people word ignore you (including myself ) instead of feeding this love in you have with yourself.

Edited by jaggybunnet

Same one as you - the one where he gave the the ball away continuously, got muscled off the ball every time anyone came within breathing distance and got hooked after 60 mins.

Honestly thought lawless put a great shift in, tracking back, making some important challenges and looked lively in the final 3rd. To single lawless out for criticism today is crazy. There were much worse performers than him.

Same one as you - the one where he gave the ball away continuously, got muscled off the ball every time anyone came within breathing distance and got hooked after 60 mins.

Edit: to be fair he was certainly not the only offender.

Lawless chased back very well today, yes he lost a few balls that were put to him, but who didn't, muscled off every ball? Not the game I seen today, yes we were second to every ball but pick him out today is scandalous, Stevenson was rotten, Higgy had a very quiet game until his wonder goal, Fraser got over ran in the midfield and never got going all day, banzo at times was running about like a headless chicken, osman was lost in midfield the last 20 min and the game started to by pass our midfield totally. No penetration from our left back or right back, Keenan I thought had a decent game, but no end product from him. Sod was back to his usual, couldn't cross the rd at times. Him and frasers crossing was terrible, we kept hitting the first defender.

Dools, who I love, was at fault for their equaliser, lost possession and tried to chase back but the guy ran the full length of the pitch without being tackled. Muirhead just tries to lump the ball most of the time but only succeeds to hit it 30ft in the air straight up, plus he never won a header all day.

So as you say plenty to pick from today, we must be worth a fortune if all these players are paying us to play. Lawless wasn't the worst today. Bad day at the office, we move on and hopefully get better next week.