Cup Prices And Prices In General

p12tfc

I see the cup game is £18 for adults and £12 for kids. £30 for a dad to take his kid and that's before pies drinks etc....

I had hoped the club would do some sort of a deal where season ticket holders and walk ups who went to Fridays game could get a cup ticket at the same time for £12 or so.

£22 to watch a scottish league game is ridiculous itself.

I appreciate clubs have large costs in policing stewarding etc

It's not just scottish football fans that get shafted. Arsenal tickets are around the £70 mark and even West hams tickets are about £50..

Slightly off topic but I go to watch the ice hockey at braehead and for £15 I get two and a bit hours of entertainment, can have a drink or two, competitions every night, a 50/50 prize of over £1000 every game, don't freeze my balls off in winter , big screens in the foyer showing the football and lots of other regular events like meet players manager etc... The crowds for the hockey now sit at over 3000 every game and the atmosphere is great.

I'm fortunate enough that I can still go to both braehead and firhill but if push came to shove and I could only pick one the sadly at the moment it would be braehead.

So the question is how high do people think prices will get before people say enough is enough? Empty stadiums is the only way boardrooms will address this issue

did you read the club statement? As it's a cup game it's a shared gate & both clubs need to agree pricing

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/20142015/september_2014/st_mirren_league_cup_ticket_prices

I wasn't talking about solely our club. All teams are the same. What I want to know is when/if do people think fans will start to stop going due to ridiculously high prices?

The crowds for the hockey now sit at over 3000 every game

Braehead's capacity for hockey is under 3000. Their average last season was 2509.

I sincerely hope PTFC don't go down the route of British Ice Hockey. Braehead's losses are offset by Nottingham's profits as they both have the same owner (yup, two clubs in the same league owned by the same person). In fact Nottingham are about the only top tier team to avoid some sort of existential crisis in the last ten years. The finances and governance are truly appaling in British hockey.

I wonder who at the SPFL came up with those as the minimum prices. Do the minimum prices change depending on what league the clubs are in or stage of the tournament? Surely it would make sense to have lower prices in early rounds, rising towards the later rounds?

I can't justify spending £42 for me and the two kids to go to a LC 3rd round tie (particularly on a school night!) and I'm sure the price will put others off.

It would be interesting to know the proposals put forward by both clubs which couldn't be agreed. Surely something like £15 & £5 would've benefitted both clubs (even if not that much financially then from a support point of view) as opposed to what they have now.

did you read the club statement? As it's a cup game it's a shared gate & both clubs need to agree pricing

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...p_ticket_prices

That's the problem with clubs not putting the fans first and setting prices that will fill the grounds.

Attendances are poor at all grounds and the product and value for money needs to be improved.

Heard an advert for Celtic on the radio this morning for tickets at £26 per adult and no wonder it's another stadium that is half empty most home games.

Can't see a stampede to take these tickets.

I wonder who at the SPFL came up with those as the minimum prices. Do the minimum prices change depending on what league the clubs are in or stage of the tournament? Surely it would make sense to have lower prices in early rounds, rising towards the later rounds?

I can't justify spending £42 for me and the two kids to go to a LC 3rd round tie (particularly on a school night!) and I'm sure the price will put others off.

It would be interesting to know the proposals put forward by both clubs which couldn't be agreed. Surely something like £15 & £5 would've benefitted both clubs (even if not that much financially then from a support point of view) as opposed to what they have now.

I tend not to take what's posted on the official site too literally as follow up amendments and errors are not exactly a stranger. But at face value it's hard to believe the SPFL/Doncaster would've set the bar so high if it wasn't for the fact it is the SPFL/Doncaster.

Gut feeling is lower pricing, especially for kids would result in more revenue.

If the fixture was against a team with less familiarity then it could be a different matter. But a tie against a club we play less often would mean a game against a lower league side and no doubt the pricing would be significantly lower anyway. The folk that purport to run our game should be called laughing stock if it wasn't for the fat salaries they make.

I tend not to take what's posted on the official site too literally as follow up amendments and errors are not exactly a stranger. But at face value it's hard to believe the SPFL/Doncaster would've set the bar so high if it wasn't for the fact it is the SPFL/Doncaster.

Gut feeling is lower pricing, especially for kids would result in more revenue.

If the fixture was against a team with less familiarity then it could be a different matter. But a tie against a club we play less often would mean a game against a lower league side and no doubt the pricing would be significantly lower anyway. The folk that purport to run our game should be called laughing stock if it wasn't for the fat salaries they make.

Agree completely that a decision like this coming from the SPFL would be unsurprising. Most clubs can't be too bothered about it though or I'm sure they would have made a point of getting the prices changed (I'm assuming if the min. prices are already set they'll be agreed with/set out to clubs each season).

My point was mainly, if this is a set minimum pricing, would Morton V Thistle failing to agree pricing, or even if two League 2 sides can't agree pricing, it's automatically £18 & £12? If not and there are other minimum price bands, what's the criteria for each band? Surely competition and stage of competition would also be taken into account. Perhaps even projected attendances (dependant on midweek/weekend, etc).

Also, have any other clubs had to go down this route recently for failing to agree pricing?

Would be interesting to find out where the fault lies on this occasion.

Agree completely that a decision like this coming from the SPFL would be unsurprising. Most clubs can't be too bothered about it though or I'm sure they would have made a point of getting the prices changed (I'm assuming if the min. prices are already set they'll be agreed with/set out to clubs each season).

My point was mainly, if this is a set minimum pricing, would Morton V Thistle failing to agree pricing, or even if two League 2 sides can't agree pricing, it's automatically £18 & £12? If not and there are other minimum price bands, what's the criteria for each band? Surely competition and stage of competition would also be taken into account. Perhaps even projected attendances (dependant on midweek/weekend, etc).

Also, have any other clubs had to go down this route recently for failing to agree pricing?

Would be interesting to find out where the fault lies on this occasion.

Don't get me started (again) on Cappielow but I take your point. I think we can draw from this instance that one club (I'm assuming and hoping it's St Mirren) were wanting to charge at least these minimum prices. It's perceivable that the club in question wanted to charge more.

Kid's get in for free every week at Firhill. Charging them £12 a few times a season is fine. Think people are taking kids go free for granted.

The issue for me isn't paying for kids. It's more the fact it's been decided by the SPFL that £18/£12 is an acceptable price for League Cup R3 match, midweek, 4 days after the same clubs have played each other at the same venue. Now I appreciate that the SPFL probably take the view that if that's a problem, the clubs should've had the sense to sort it out. That doesn't make their pricing fair though.

Just because we have the luxury of Kids Go Free doesn't mean everyone should just stump up any price decided for cup games in my opinion. Would you suggest £15 for U16's at cup games is still OK because we have kids go free at league games? £18? £20? I know you probably don't mean any price should be accepted but my point is everyone will have their own opinion about what the price should be. My opinion is on this occassion, under these circumstances, the prices are too high.

Kid's get in for free every week at Firhill. Charging them £12 a few times a season is fine. Think people are taking kids go free for granted.

If you can see empty seats everywhere at every ground then why can't kids go free?

Pricing should be about getting as many folk back to football rather than putting folk off due to costs involved.

• Like 1

It will cost me £42 to get me and my two in on Tuesday. Kids go free is fantastic and is perhaps taken for granted but £12 is ridiculous as it is the adult that's paying. Most of the adults paying for the kids got in free when they were young, my dad lifted me over the turnstyle and I don't think ever paid to get me into a game. Times have changed but come on!

Me and the wee man won't be going either, first home game we will have missed. £30 entry + another £30 traveling costs (due to circumstances) as well as drinks and food etc, never mind the fact it's on a school night mean it's just not worth it. Shame as we would both liked to have gone but Killie game will be easier and cheaper x

Me and my two lads won't be going, sadly. We'll go to killie instead.

Me and the wee man won't be going either, first home game we will have missed. £30 entry + another £30 traveling costs (due to circumstances) as well as drinks and food etc, never mind the fact it's on a school night mean it's just not worth it. Shame as we would both liked to have gone but Killie game will be easier and cheaper x

So the real winners are Kilmarnock FC.