Motherwell On Saturday

1 John Lambie

Care to explain. Or is your use of the word "proves" in a similar vein to your use of the word "fact"? In other words reinventing our language by introducing completely subjective terminology and passing off as objective comment..

You tell us Archie doesn't have the ability to manage is a fact.

Now you're telling us that after a favourable result the most common of all management.decisions (ie dropping one player and replacing him with another) proves unrest in the dressing room.

Next you'll be telling us you were literally over the moon when we won on Saturday.

in reply, Archie went up in my estimations by having the balls to drop Stevenson,

He was fortunate Higgy was injured which give him the chance to not have to automatically have him out on the pitch to please the fans, thus thinking of the team performance instead of the fans, further boosting the moral of players who then got to prove their worth.

Oh and how I enjoyed the win, Archie changing the players changes the game, well done from Mr Gibberish.

I really struggle to wade myself through your self-righteous conversation these days, who are you the oracle of everyone's views.

Can't argue with you there. I'm sure you do struggle. I'll put it In simple language, and I'm sorry if i come across self righteous. When you use the words "fact" and "proves" in each occasion you're not expressing a view. Get it???

Can't argue with you there. I'm sure you do struggle. I'll put it In simple language, and I'm sorry if i come across self righteous. When you use the words "fact" and "proves" in each occasion you're not expressing a view. Get it???

Zzzzzzzzzzzz, wish I had read this Shyte before I went to bed, would have sent me into a deeper sleep

Zzzzzzzzzzzz, wish I had read this Shyte before I went to bed, would have sent me into a deeper sleep

Agree with you on some levels, but cut the agression.

I remember all those dark nights under the floodlights, and we stayed with the team through all those days in the second division to finally see 7th place in the Premiership, and a quarter final.

Archie deserves our trust. A superb left back during all the terrrible years. He has a right to come forward and claim his moment now.

There are many things going wrong in the world, and I hold Partick Thistle closer than I ever have done. We have worked at this for many years, and some of us have almost been wrecked by it.

Its been a long road, and we all have walked it. I've been to too many funerals, but the funeral of Partick Thistle is one I'd never like to go to.

Lets keep fighting.

• Like 1

Agree with you on some levels, but cut the agression.

I remember all those dark nights under the floodlights, and we stayed with the team through all those days in the second division to finally see 7th place in the Premiership, and a quarter final.

Archie deserves our trust. A superb left back during all the terrrible years. He has a right to come forward and claim his moment now.

There are many things going wrong in the world, and I hold Partick Thistle closer than I ever have done. We have worked at this for many years, and some of us have almost been wrecked by it.

Its been a long road, and we all have walked it. I've been to too many funerals, but the funeral of Partick Thistle is one I'd never like to go to.

Lets keep fighting.

You are very funny man sometimes

Great win, pass marks all round, but far from perfect.

Beating Motherwell is good for the soul. They are on poor form but they were 2nd last year and should still be considered a formidable club with some good but underperforming players.

Results in general so far give weight to the opinion that this league is going to be tighter than ever. For us, recording 3 home wins already is a huge positive after last year's 2 and I'd push the arguement we suffered late goals and very avoidable defeats against Hamilton and St.Mirren. If we can take something at tannadice, which in comparing their result at killie to ours is not unthinkable, then continue our good home form against the Perth Pee-wees, confidence should be high after first quarter evidence that we can be competitive in this division.

I can't give Archie too much credit for his team selection on saturday. Higgy definately injured, and Stevenson reported as a doubt before the killie game, the midfield more or less picked itself. It's not proven to be our best line up yet, and i'd have liked to see more of this kind of utilisation of the squad, without his hand being somewhat forced. However, you gotta be grateful to the boss that even with 4 competant first team midfielders not starting we can produce a good win, and bringing in O'Donnel for Carrol and switching Mcmillan was proven an astute move.

Stevenson hasn't done his reputation many favours with his performances for us, but I think he possibly struggling to find where and how he fits in. Giving him the captaincy is a mistake. We are a very different team from last years Hearts. He is a good and experienced pro, and we should not dismiss that unless he refuses or is unable to adapt. That can take time regardless of, or even in part due to, age or prior consistency. There were are few who were ready to boost Lawless last year when his form (and atitude allegedly) dipped.

Asides valuable points in the bag, confidence and learning, I hope what is taken from this result is extra realisation that we have a competitive squad. No-one's place is certain and all have to endevour to impress and improve to get a start.

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 2

Great win, pass marks all round, but far from perfect.

Beating Motherwell is good for the soul. They are on poor form but they were 2nd last year and should still be considered a formidable club with some good but underperforming players.

Results in general so far give weight to the opinion that this league is going to be tighter than ever. For us, recording 3 home wins already is a huge positive after last year's 2 and I'd push the arguement we suffered late goals and very avoidable defeats against Hamilton and St.Mirren. If we can take something at tannadice, which in comparing their result at killie to ours is not unthinkable, then continue our good home form against the Perth Pee-wees, confidence should be high after first quarter evidence that we can be competitive in this division.

I can't give Archie too much credit for his team selection on saturday. Higgy definately injured, and Stevenson reported as a doubt before the killie game, the midfield more or less picked itself. It's not proven to be our best line up yet, and i'd have liked to see more of this kind of utilisation of the squad, without his hand being somewhat forced. However, you gotta be grateful to the boss that even with 4 competant first team midfielders not starting we can produce a good win, and bringing in O'Donnel for Carrol and switching Mcmillan was proven an astute move.

Stevenson hasn't done his reputation many favours with his performances for us, but I think he possibly struggling to find where and how he fits in. Giving him the captaincy is a mistake. We are a very different team from last years Hearts. He is a good and experienced pro, and we should not dismiss that unless he refuses or is unable to adapt. That can take time regardless of, or even in part due to, age or prior consistency. There were are few who were ready to boost Lawless last year when his form (and atitude allegedly) dipped.

Asides valuable points in the bag, confidence and learning, I hope what is taken from this result is extra realisation that we have a competitive squad. No-one's place is certain and all have to endevour to impress and improve to get a start.

:fan:

A very good balanced opinion.

Take note Isobel Barnett, written with class.