Motherwell On Saturday

1 John Lambie

I'm not sure if this is a must win match, but I'd put it down as a must not lose one, for sure.

The team picks itself if Higgy is out, I'd say...

Gallacher

O'Donnell

Balatoni

Seaborne

McMillan

Osman

Bannigan

Craigen

Lawless

Elliott

Doolan

Subs:

Fox

Lindsay

Carroll

Wilson

McDaid

Stevenson

Ecclestone

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a must win match, but I'd put it down as a must not lose one, for sure.

The team picks itself if Higgy is out, I'd say...

Gallacher

O'Donnell

Balatoni

Seaborne

McMillan

Osman

Bannigan

Craigen

Lawless

Elliott

Doolan

Subs:

Fox

Lindsay

Carroll

Wilson

McDaid

Stevenson

Ecclestone

Can't argue with that starting line up. I think it's an ideal time to ring the changes.

Motherwell look worse than us at the back than us. And seem to struggle with movement, balls over the top and quick interchanges of passing. Which should be enough to see Craigan come in for Stevenson and Elliott replace Higgy.

I suppose you could say this is Archie's first test of bravery as a manager. It's one thing dropping Stevenson for a midweek league cup game. It's another for a league game.

Push comes to shove it's his job, his career. It's his decisions that will define how good he is.

We're just punters who turn up and pay to watch them do their job.

Its going to be a long few weeks if we don't get a result here, with the International break then D Utd away which is a guaranteed doing. Sad to say I don't have any hopes of a victory this Saturday, can see quite a heavy defeat. with no Higgy in the team we are going to struggle big time.

Archie won't drop fox and Stevenson will remain In the starting line up. For Archie to do this it would show he was wrong and I just don't think he will want to admit it. We know from last season he hates to change and it has been shown in the subs this season. The same subs, the same players changing, the same tactics and the same lack of plan B.

Archie won't drop fox and Stevenson will remain In the starting line up. For Archie to do this it would show he was wrong and I just don't think he will want to admit it. We know from last season he hates to change and it has been shown in the subs this season. The same subs, the same players changing, the same tactics and the same lack of plan B.

Well, that will be his downfall. But I wouldn't say its admittance of being "wrong" just that those he has shown faith in, have let him down. Hindsight said funny thing.

Dundee United are playing on Friday night so maybe Archie could give McNamara a call at 3pm on Saturday for some pointers.

At the moment anyway I rarely feel so despondent before a game as I do with this one. I think it's in knowledge that as a score 0-3 flattered us at Rugby Pk.

Using self therapy it's a blessing that Higgy will miss this one as he'd be sure to have been sent off. Last Saturday's non showing will prompt Archie into game rescuing changes and we'll run out easy winners. Everything will turn out rosy.

Like others I'd like to see Gallacher back in goal tho' I don't recall Fox being that blameworthy against Killie. indeed he may have kept the score down. Altho' it was virtually the whole team that failed us last game I think dropping Stevenson might be a catalyst for change. Big decision in a way as he won't be replaced by anyone above virtual rookie status unless Archie plays Eccleston and Doolan..

• Like 1

Its going to be a long few weeks if we don't get a result here, with the International break then D Utd away which is a guaranteed doing. Sad to say I don't have any hopes of a victory this Saturday, can see quite a heavy defeat. with no Higgy in the team we are going to struggle big time.

Sadly this is the most realistic post on this thread.

Majorly due to the f**k up v St Mirren.

when asked why he played each and every game as though his life depended upon it, the legendary new york yankees' batter joe dimaggio replied: 'there is always some kid who might be seeing me for the first time; i owe him my best...'

from here on in this season, the thistle players must adopt exactly the same attitude if we are to climb the league table

• Like 5